Search results for query: *

1. The Golfing Engineer

Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Interesting. The change seems unlikely to have been related to using it at the range, but perhaps there was a firmware/app update that you applied from Rapsodo around the same time that might have addressed the issue? It's hard to know without more detailed feedback from Rapsodo - their...
  2. The Golfing Engineer

Thanks for the experiment! It is likely to be some other problem, then.
  3. The Golfing Engineer

I read that here too, and had a similar experience, but I haven't seen enough data to tell whether this is a real problem or not. It is certainly possible, it would make sense to me for this to be a potential bug if the device is averaging the ball speed over several measurements, and includes...
  4. The Golfing Engineer

I think it is unlikely to affect simulated ball flight, as the unit is directly measuring ball speed, launch angle, launch direction, spin rate, and spin direction (assuming you are using a properly marked ball and have a Rapsodo subscription), however I would expect any metrics kept will be...
  5. The Golfing Engineer

I'm old enough to remember when some on this forum thought these self-applied dots would be significantly less accurate. To be clear, I disagreed with that, and I agree with you that using your own golf ball brand/type is a better user experience.
  6. The Golfing Engineer

Looks like Rapsodo has multiplayer and landscape mode for simulated courses in beta: They've done a good job addressing the shortcomings they had at launch.
  7. The Golfing Engineer

Well, yes, I probably should have said something like "many INEXPENSIVE Android tablets don't have the graphics performance to run the app well". I'll edit my original post to say this to help avoid confusion. Note that I am an Android fan, I use an Android phone. Using the 3DMark Wild Life...
  8. The Golfing Engineer

Be careful, I think that many inexpensive Android tablets don't have the graphics performance to run the app well, see my post from April: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/rapsodo-mlm2pro-personal-launch-monitor.8948675/post-11434178 I ended up purchasing a 9th...
  9. The Golfing Engineer

That's a bit harsh - I believe @Johan185, but how is Rapsodo Support supposed to tell the difference between a unit damaged while in the case vs. a unit damaged because someone dropped it onto rocks or hit it with a club? Yes, a company could choose to replace the unit to maintain good customer...
  10. The Golfing Engineer

That would be great, and not just firmware, but app updates as well. I have not found anything like that yet. The email Rapsodo has sent for some updates has had some info, such as this one back on Aug 2: Enhanced Rapsodo Courses Improved course layouts including expanded out-of-bounds markers...
  11. The Golfing Engineer

Agreed, it was only a mild annoyance for me. The dealbreaker was the software problems (network disconnects, crashes, poor quality simulation - this was pre-E6 integration), and I had to make a decision based on the closing of the return window. I am hoping it will improve enough that I will...
  12. The Golfing Engineer

I absolutely had this issue before I returned the unit. The longest club I could get it to recognize was a 3 hybrid - fairway woods and driver were never recognized. I assumed it was looking for a number on the club, but I do not know this for certain. Actually, as I think about it, it might...
  13. The Golfing Engineer

I mean you are not far off, excluding the partial wedges and above 200: 9,7,7,8,8,9,10,10,11,10: average 8.9 For GSPro: 1.6,2.2,3.1,2.9,3.3,4.8,5.2,5.4,8.6,10.4: average 4.75
  14. The Golfing Engineer

I was one of the people complaining about non-realistic rollouts, but I agree rollouts are not all the same. For example, I have noticed that driver rollout is significantly longer than irons. Full-swing high-loft approach shots with lots of spin seem the worst/least realistic to me - Rapsodo...
  15. The Golfing Engineer

If I am hitting an approach shot and either simulating and trying to get the ball inside the 1-putt circle, or playing on a real course and trying to get the ball close to the pin, in addition to carry distance I would like to understand how far the ball is likely to bounce and stop depending on...
  16. The Golfing Engineer

Re: simulation: For me I was expecting multiplayer, more realistic out-of-bounds (fixed?), and more realistic (i.e. shorter) rollouts for approach shots. Graphics are in the range of what I expected. Terrain elevation would be nice but not a deal-breaker. Main purpose of the device was to get...
  17. The Golfing Engineer

To be clear, if you want to use R10 with Awesome Golf, E6, or GS Pro, you don't need to pay for the R10 subscription, and you get all the data and accuracy the R10 is capable of producing, including what appears to be very accurate spin rates using an RCT ball or even a ball with a metallic dot...
  18. The Golfing Engineer

No, the RPT dots are not radar-reflective, you are correct they are for use by the camera. The "RCT" balls (different from RPT) have embedded radar-reflecting tech built inside, from the outside they look normal. If you apply the Rapsodo dots to the outside of an RCT ball, you have a ball that...
  19. The Golfing Engineer

Yes, the reflecting dot helps measure total spin rate, not spin axis. I've seen testers use RCT balls with RPT dots applied as well, results are similar. However, measuring spin rate helps calculate the effect of the spin axis on ball flight better, whether the spin axis is calculated or...
  20. The Golfing Engineer

Hmmm, interesting, thanks for the additional perspective. As I continue to think about it, given your (detailed) feedback and the aftermarket products for helping with R10 alignment and youtube videos about how to set it up to get good numbers, it seems that the R10 may be quite finicky to get...
Back