Search results for query: *

1. DGA3

Great. Here are two driver fittings that ended up with an Autoflex shaft.

It's a shame that a shaft that works so well is so very expensive. I have a Callaway driver fitting scheduled for this Sunday, and 1) I'm sure the fitter will not have an Autoflex for me to try, and 2) I don't think Mrs. DGA3 would appreciate me increasing the cost of a $600 driver to $1,400...
  2. DGA3

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

I' hoping to find a driver with a little more distance in it than my current Callaway Rogue ST Max, and here in central Ohio, I have four choices to get fit. Here's my take on the four: * Club Champion and True Spec have the most qualified fitters, but - according to their reputation - they...
  3. DGA3

IT guys - will a CISCO networking certificate get you anywhere?

My 25-year-old son is working on his, and when he passes the test and eventually receives it, are there jobs available? According to their website, there are many areas of IT he could pursue, but I'd rather hear from those of you who are actually in the business. What kind of jobs would he...
  4. DGA3

So . . . I should swing as hard as I can?

While surfing You Tube, I stumbled upon this. From what I gather, swinging not just at 100%, but at 120% (which is impossible, I know), will get you the most distance, and will not affect your accuracy very much. Really? That seems to go against much of what we are taught. Thoughts?
  5. DGA3

Can anybody recommend a good electric razor?

For as long as I have shaved my face, I have used a Norelco triple-header electric razor, and they have worked great. Recently, one of the three posts that are attached to the motor and spin the rotary blade broke. It was unfixable. Consequently, I purchased a new Norelco razor just like my...
  6. DGA3

Where does the speed come from in a one-plane, rotary swing?

I am a one-planer, and have been working on increasing my swing speed over the winter. Using my swing speed radar, I have found that I can create more speed by taking the club up high, and then dropping it "in the slot" on the downswing in conjunction with a "jump" of my legs. Unfortunately, I...
  7. DGA3

We met Keith and Evan from HGTV's "Bargain Block!"

Yesterday, the DGA3 family attended the Columbus "Home and Garden" show to get ideas for landscaping (at least, that's why I go ). While we were there, the two hosts of "Bargain Block" held a 45 minute Q and A session, and were then available to meet, greet, and take photos. What a treat...
  8. DGA3

What are the ideal launch angles and spin rates for various swing speeds?

If there is such a thing. Let's say I want to do my own fitting, so I go the the PGA Tour Superstore and bring several of the new drivers to a hitting bay. First, after warming up, I would hit about 10 balls with my current driver to set a baseline. Then I would take 10 swings with each of the...
  9. DGA3

Where can I get a driver fitting like this?

Certainly not at Golf Galaxy or the PGA Superstore. I've been to both, and I always seem to know more about driver fittings than they do. However, I don't know as nearly as much as the fitter in this video, nor do I have access to all of the heads and shafts that he does. The young woman he is...
  10. DGA3

Have you seen the Phigolf2 simulator? It's a bargain!

While surfing YouTube yesterday, I came upon a few reviews of this inexpensive golf simulator. The reviews are quite good, especially when considering the low cost! For me, the real advantage would be the short club that is used, because there isn't a spot in my house where I can swing a real...
  11. DGA3

Looking for a good indoor/outdoor thermometer/weather device

I've got a very, very old one by Oregon that has served me well, but recently, the remote sensor has ceased communicating with the main unit. I don't put the remote sensor outside (you can use a weather app to see what the outside temp is), but instead put it in our garage so I can see how...
  12. DGA3

Looking for a good bag towel

I had a pretty good one that I actually got from the lost and found at an out-of-state course I was playing. The carts did not have towels, so I asked if the course had any, and they said I could take one from the lost and found. It was a neon green, waffle-weave towel that had a hole in the...
  13. DGA3

Anyone here have experience with osteoporosis?

Mrs. DGA3 has had a couple of small foot-bone fractures this year, so the doc ordered a bone density scan. The results indicate that she has osteoporosis. Has anyone here dealt with that? I am trying to educate myself on this and the treatments for it, but it is always good to learn from...
  14. DGA3

How do you hit a bunker shot when the bunker has barely any sand?

I love playing golf at my club, and overall, the course is in great condition. My only complaint is that the bunkers do not have enough sand in them, which makes it very difficult to hit a variety of shots out of them. I've heard that more sand is on the way, but for now, I am struggling to hit...
  15. DGA3

Has anybody tried the "Twitch Trainer" to gain swing speed?

I just received this infomercial in an email, and hadn't heard of this product before. Has anybody tried it? If so, what did you think? If not, why not? There are a lot of speed training products out there and I thought I knew about them all, but then this came along! (I see a YouTube...
  16. DGA3

Anybody game a wedge with a graphite shaft?

I'm trying to do everything I can to avoid getting tennis elbow in my left arm again, as I did twice toward the end of last year. Many of you have told me that the best thing to do is to use clubs with graphite shafts - that they really dampen the shock at contact. Having graphite shafts in a...
  17. DGA3

Who else has dealt with tennis or golf elbow?

And what are the best ways you have found to deal with it? I developed tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) twice last year. The first time I stopped playing for 3 weeks and did some rehab that I learned about on YouTube (Theraband Flexbar, stretching, cross-fiber massage). After that, I worked...
Back