Search results for query: *

1. McMunch

What's worse then flip flops on the putting green?

People having fun really pisses me off... I have officially become my Father.
  2. McMunch

Bagel Love - what's your order?

echico has it almost perfect... Nova. Everything bagel- Regular cream cheese please. Perfection.
  3. McMunch

Red Lobster Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Being a Long Islander and a fisherman to boot it's considered a sin against God to go to a Red Lobster. My wife is italian so I have never been to a Olive Garden either. Disgrazia!!
  4. McMunch

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

Found the usual clubs, headcovers etc and always turned in to the pro shop or Ranger. That has not translated into good karma because over the years I have dropped a 7 iron and a nice wedge. Didn't get either back. Craziest was a catheter set up (unused thank god) right in the middle of a fairway.
  5. McMunch

A Good Hotdog is Divine

My friend Dennis used to work in the Hunts Point Market in the Bronx as an apprentice butcher...He once told me that he would never eat a hot dog again..when I asked why he got this far away look and said "I've seen them made. They put everything in there...and by everything I mean everything.."...
  6. McMunch

Checklist for golf trip? What am I missing?

All solid suggestions. I would add: if you wear prescription glasses bring another pair if you have luggage scale ( has saved me numerous times from having to unpack in the terminal because the weight is over 50 lbs) cash for tipping
  7. McMunch

Scotland in May '24

Full disclosure- I said WOW a lot in Scotland. New courses. Old courses...basically anytime I walked to the next tee.
  8. McMunch

Which Neighbor Are You?

I'm the neighbor that waves. My dad was the neighbor that in one afternoon would fix your car, your lawnmower, and your cat. No charge.
  9. McMunch

Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

Would much rather walk but on the North Shore of L.I. there are alot of hills so in the summer- love that cart.
  10. McMunch

Travel Noob Recommendations

My TSA locks have another smaller key lock that the TSA can access. Look for something like that on what you have.
  11. McMunch

Travel Noob Recommendations

TSA locks on a hard case here too. In case it matters- most airlines only cover damage if its in a hard case. Check with your carrier. I take off the heads on the woods that I can. I have one wood that the head is fixed so I jam that clubhead down in the bag. I don't do anything special with the...
  12. McMunch

Do you eat Mac & Cheese with a fork or spoon?

This is like Ginger or Mary Anne...I could work with either..
  13. McMunch

Golf myths that need to go away

Trees are 90% air... as my friend always says- "so's a chain link fence.."
  14. McMunch

Scotland in May '24

wow. Lucky you. Ben Hogan history at Panmure and Tom Watson history at Monifieth. So glad you are playing both. Tom has a plaque at Monifieth and Ben has a bunker at Panmure.... Make sure you get a look at the locker room at Panmure. The benches will make you want to bring back metal spikes.
  15. McMunch

Are spiked shoes necessary anymore?

If you play in the morning or bad weather I think soft spikes are the way to go. If its dry and later in the day spikeless work fine.
  16. McMunch

Need to work on my chipping as my wife is better at it than I am

You are a lucky man. Me and a buddy were once paired with an elderly Husband and wife and the lady had the best short game of the group. Might have actually had the best short game I've ever seen. Not kidding. She was up and down all day. 5 feet off the green or 20 feet off the green. She'd hit...
  17. McMunch

Happy Gilmore 2

"The price is wrong, b*tch.."
  18. McMunch

This Sign Should Be Everywhere

Grandad used to say fix yours and 2 others....nowadays I fix mine and hit as many as possible which is always way more than 2. I think all golf courses should give you a pitchmark fixer (unless you already have one- and if you're on this forum you probably do) and make sure you know how to use...
  19. McMunch

How to do you golf....Ride or Walk(this includes the use of a cart/trolley) and which is better?

Both. Love walking but at 64 with suspect knees a hilly course can be tough. Mix in some heat and I'd rather ride.
  20. McMunch

Cruise to Bermuda

I have cruised to Bermuda twice but never for golf. Its not a big Island and there are ferries and busses at the Navy Yard that you can get a weekly/ 3 day/ daily pass for. Very easy to get around and nothing is far away. I'm sure there is an Uber situation as well. All totally doable so all...
Back