Search results for query: *

1. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

I figure golf is 90% mental and the rest is in your head.
  2. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Well, it seems my scoring average this year is a stroke or 2 lower than it was last year, so was it worth it? I think so. YMMV.
  3. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

In the last year I progressed from 85g R flex mid/high launch shafts to 60g R flex high launch shafts to a 50g A flex high launch shafts. What I found was an increase in distance and carry. That may be from better fitness or from the shafts, but I did note a jump in carry when I went to the...
  4. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

It kind of a shame when you need to keep track via bogey instead of par.🤓 - 1 to bogey coming off 6 so double gets me to even bogey. Bogey on the next is still even bogey, and a double on 9 is +1 to bogey. That 10 over or 46.
  5. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

36 front and back
  6. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Tale of 2 9s today. Started double, double. Got to 1 under BOGEY, by 6 only to finish double, bogey, double for 46. Back was completely different birdie on 12, and totally bungled 16 for bogey, 36. 4 fairways (did I mention the rough was tough), 6 GIR, 31 putts ( 18 front, 13 back). Tale of...
  7. skigolfmike

2024 Round Count

Club again, 77.5
  8. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

I tested the TS3s against the TS1s and TS1 IMs and I did not notice much of a difference in feel or forgiveness. What I did see was the TS3s had higher launch, lower peak height, less spin and flatter descent angle. I went with the IMs and then I reshafted my TS1 with 50g A (R2) flex shafts...
  9. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Back to the club today, had to start on the back 9. Gives the course a different look. Dumb bogeys on 16 and 17 to turn in 38. Seemed to be losing it on the front after the turn and finished bogey par, par, bogey to finish with 40 for a 78. 6 fairways, 8 GIR, 31 putts. There is a huge...
  10. skigolfmike

2024 Round Count

Back at the club, 76.5
  11. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Just happened to be checking this while out on the course today I realized I’ve hit another milestone. That’s all since March last year when I got my MGi Navigator.
  12. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Back at the muni today. Could not buy a birdie putt, did not help my wedge game being off a bit, 13/14 fairways, 11 GIR, 31 putts 38-38 76.
  13. skigolfmike

2024 Round Count

At the muni, 75.5
  14. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

That is a fact of which I am quite aware.
  15. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Meds and hardware to play golf? You is dedicated. I can’t say too much as I’ve been taking Celebrex. Switching back to ibuprofen (good ole vitamin I). Take care of that back man.
  16. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Another fun day at he club playing in the MGA again. I was a bit off today, but I managed to keep it mostly together in spite of. No 3 putts today that I can think of, but I missed a bunch of 6-10 footers, so I think 30 putts. 41-39 80
  17. skigolfmike

2024 Round Count

Another day at the club, 74.5
  18. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Well maybe. I think maybe a little more, but, IMNSHO, I think it has to do how you hit strike the ball when it’s on a tee versus on the turf. I noticed the pros tend to hit the ball and have the divot start about nearly an inch in front of the tee. Doing that Delofting the club a little and...
  19. skigolfmike

The 60 and over Thread

Played again today in the club’s MGA. Looks like we finished 2nd, $12 in script woot woot. 125 9 iron at my age is a pretty good 9. I did hit one 130 yesterday, but it was a flier lie in the with a slight trailing wind. I normally figure I can get 115-120 carry with a 9 iron. My gaps are...
  20. skigolfmike

2024 Round Count

MGA at the club, 73.5
Back