Search results for query: *

1. A

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Did Phil just hint that LIV Players might boycott the Majors in order to prove a point? Yahoo Article
  2. A

PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

Breezed through the comments in this thread but I'm not sure many of you understand what this is about. The PGAT is not just cutting checks to players to buy their loyalty. This is an equity grant program with vesting. PGAT Enterprises is giving the players ownership interest by issuing...
  3. A

Tour Event 2024 RBC Heritage

For Elevated Events you have to make "the cut' just to get into the tournament. I'm fine with the setup but would like to see them expand the invite list and have an actual cut inside the tournament. That could be a future tweak. I also understand from the corporate sponsor side that if...
  4. A

RBC versus Corales Puntacana

I'm fine with this. Love this tournament and this course, the plaid jacket, the cannon shot. It's got a much more laid back vibe to it after a week at Augusta. Easy drive from Augusta so travel is minimal. It's a tournament and course that should get elevated status. Gets all the top PGAT...
  5. A

Just a coincidence that Greg Norman was following Rory around Augusta this past weekend then this "story" breaks Monday.
  6. A

Masters viewership -no bueno

OMG, I just reread my earlier post. Yes, I can read a chart. My problem is I have no clue what year it is. It's 2024 not 2022. Jeez.
  7. A

Masters viewership -no bueno

Ok, maybe I cannot read a chart but from what I see it says, 2022 Scottie Scheffler, 5.8 rating, 10.17 million viewers and 2021 Hideki Matsuyama, 5.5 rating, 9.54 million viewers. How is that a 20% drop? Seems to calculate out to a 6.6% increase. Either way, I watched over 4 days on various...
  8. A

Tour Event The 2024 Masters Contest and Thread Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Scottie back on track. Watch out.
  9. A

The Ball Rollback - thoughts and observations

ANGC reconfigured the 13th tee box to combat the distance and bring that second shot decision over Rae's Creek back into play. When the ball is rolled back in a few years how will that hole play then? Was the reconfiguration even necessary? Do they maybe know the rollback really won't be as...
  10. A

it's o.k. that golf is not football

If they keep winning, they won't, I suppose. But majors happen 4 weekends out of 52 in a year. Their presence is pretty scarce only being around 4 out of 52, that is by definition fading out of the public eye. Unless the public is showing up in droves to watch LIV, and there is little...
  11. A

it's o.k. that golf is not football

I like watching the PGAT. The Tour is deep with talented golfers and new blood up and coming every year. The Tour does a good job of breeding the next popular pro golfers IMO. I say that because I am watching Scottie Scheffler, current #1 in the world at the WM. Scottie just came on to the...
  12. A

I am trying to piece together all that I have read thus far, so let's see if I have this right: the Player Advisory Board with Tiger, Cantlay , Spieth, etc. has taken control and has final say on what the PGAT is going to do. The players have taken control back from Jay, basically. They are...
  13. A

2023 Ryder Cup - who else makes the team?

Just got done evaluating Pee Wee hockey tryouts last weekend. It's simple, you don't want to get cut, don't be on the bubble. Every single one of those guys had the opportunity to earn their way on the team through their play and finishing in the top 6. They didn't. Can't then be upset...
  14. A

NEWS LIV Golf and PGA Tour Merging

This. Plus, get in line behind The Players Championship for 5th major consideration. It's been waiting for 49 years and counting.
  15. A

CONTEST The 2023 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Srixon Golf

Clark's a good story, was just hoping for a lot of jockeying at the top, with Rickie on top. This is a two horse race and Rory's in trouble here.
  16. A

Once Rickie fell back I've lost all steam here. Just not feeling it like I have been all weekend. It's just Clark and Rory at this point.
  17. A

The number of putts missed...makes me feel good about my game. Is anybody going to take control of this?
  18. A

Rickie gonna bury this for Eagle and he's back!
  19. A

Rickie had a great run but it looks like it isn't going to be his day. Unless he starts unleashing birdies and goes on a run.
Back