Search results for query: *

1. Wormkiller

A reflection of things after quitting golf 2 months ago

Two months ago to the day I did my first run following the 5k runner program app. I didn't plan it, but this was the day I quit golf. At least competitively. Since then I've played socially a couple of times but haven't practiced or played any competition. After all the time and money and the...
  2. Wormkiller

Any history enthusiasts here?

I'm a history buff. Love my military history, especially the Napoleonic era and World War 2. A lot of my travel around the world is centred on seeing historical sites. Most of my reading is historical fiction.
  3. Wormkiller

Is there an argument to promote the use of self correcting golf balls? A spitball...

Golf is hard. Damn hard. And can be frustrating. And it can take a long time. Finding balls takes a long time. Im just spit-balling wondering if there might be a worthy argument for governing bodies to promote the use of self correcting golf balls outside of tournament golf, and build a...
  4. Wormkiller

What would or does compromise your interest in playing the game?

What things would or do compromise your interest in playing the game? Recently I've found my interest waning a bit due to a few factors. Firstly, golf w*nkers. There seems to be so many egotistical alpha males with cardboard personalities who seem to just strut around and complaining about...
  5. Wormkiller

In your opinion what correlates most strongly to improved scores?

In your opinion what correlates most strongly to improved scores?
  6. Wormkiller

The brutal truth about golf improvement

I've been thinking a lot about what it takes to improve in golf lately, taking in the work of the likes of Jared Kenworthy and Adam Young, and I’ve formed an opinion on golf improvement. Many golfers believe that golf improvement can be gained from quick fixes learnt over the course of a...
  7. Wormkiller

Jared Kenworthy's "Resiliant Golf Improvement"

I'm reading this book and its been a real eye opener for me about the brutal realities of golf "improvement". It heavily references maths and science - the fact that the nature of the game makes it very, very difficult to gauge real improvement. The sample sizes we deal with simply aren't large...
  8. Wormkiller

How do you enjoy your golf?

Do you play competitions and tournaments, regular social rounds with friends, stick to the driving range, sim golf, regular rounds with randoms - how do you enjoy your golf? I just finished another competition with my club today. It’s often a pretty stressful and tense experience and after...
  9. Wormkiller

How often do you get out to play? (The frustration of not being able to play enough)

How often do you get in a round? I average an 18 hole round every 2 weeks I reckon. Maybe 2 rounds every 3 weeks. Limited to weekends only because of work. And weekends are chocked caring for my elderly parents, house duties and trying to spend some quality time with my wife. I get to the...
  10. Wormkiller

What chipping technique do you use?

For the last couple of years I’ve been going the Phil Mickelson hinge and hold. I find this ok with bump and runs using a PW but anything of a higher loft I’ve struggled with inconsistency. The margin of error seems so small going in with the leading edge. Recently I’ve been wanting to learn to...
  11. Wormkiller

Ball recommendations for these numbers please :-)

Hello all, Just wondering what ball people might recommend for my driver stats: Average attack angle: -4.5 (bad I know, work in progress but I get more accuracy at the moment than hitting up on it) Average spin: 3598 RPM Average club head speed: 102.2 MPH Average ball speed: 145 MPH Average...
  12. Wormkiller

Wedge bounce noob question

Hello all, I find it relatively easy to use my PW around the green (Srixon ZX5, ball off the back foot and bump it on) and am just wondering what type of bounce conditions and other wedge set up aspects would replicate the ease of using a PW with more lofted clubs around the green? Thanks
  13. Wormkiller

Would do you think would is acceptable percentage for getting the ball in play with driver?

For this I'm defining "in play" as leaving a reasonable shot to the green for a second shot on a par 4 or a reasonable opportunity to at least advance the ball for a shot into the green on a par 5. So no penalties, chip out sideways, duffs and tops. But keeping it "in play" doesn't necessarily...
  14. Wormkiller

If I wanted to learn aimpoint express, where do I start?

Just wondering how people out there learnt it - is it through coaches or a website or book? Behind a paywall of some sort I’m assuming. Thanks
  15. Wormkiller

7 iron only off the tee challenge

Hello all, By tracking my stats using my Shotscope I've identified that slightly more than 50% of my blow up holes (net double bogey and worse) are primarily due to wild/flubbed tee shots. To be specific: OB penalties, water penalties, wild shots into the woods, topped shots, duck hooks etc...
  16. Wormkiller

What’s the main causes of your blow up holes?

Did a bit of analysis of my rounds over the last couple of months worth of rounds looking at the main cause of blowing up holes, as in scoring double bogey or worse. Came up with the following: Poor tee shot: 51% Poor approach shot full swing: 20% Poor approach shot pitch: 7% Poor putting: 9%...
  17. Wormkiller

Anyone had knee tendonitis from golf

Hi All, I am suffering from pretty severe tendonitis in my left knee which I aggravated playing golf, specifically when loading onto my front foot using driver. Going down stairs and hills is particularly painful. Loading onto my front foot in the down swing hurts a lot too. I've been seeing a...
  18. Wormkiller

Consistency - when it comes to path and face control, how consistent are "good" golfers? (*nerd alert*)

Hi everyone. Stats nerd here. And perennial hacker. I've had a couple of sessions on trackman recently to get some average base numbers for my swing. And to narrow down why I suck so bad at this game. :LOL: With my irons: Average path: 1.7 degrees in to out (standard deviation of 1.5 degrees)...
  19. Wormkiller

Most affordable launch monitors that give semi-reliable club face and club path data?

Hi all, Just wondering what are the more affordable options for at least semi-reliable club face and club path data? Improving my club face control is my number one goal at the moment. Does the Garmin R10 work well? Thanks
  20. Wormkiller

Are high handicappers more likely to win competitions?

From what I've seen on social media, there seems to be a perception that high handicappers are more likely to win club competitions. Do you agree?
Back