Search results for query: *

1. S

Help with gapping U505

Reworking top end of my bag and ended up putting a U505 behind my 4 iron. It's a Frankenstein in that it's a 2 iron set at 2 iron length (39.75"), but it's lofted up to 20 degrees to play as a 3 iron loft. My question is, if I put a standard 4i in the bag would it gap right? It would only be...
  2. S

Funny ending to CC fit.

I went to my 2nd CC fitting hoping for a better experience than my first trying to replace my non performing 3 wood. Quote from me starting the fit: "it may seem weird but I'm looking for something 150-155 ball speed that launches low and hold spin down near 3,000 so it runs." As CC tends to...
  3. S

2 hybrids to zero??

Some swing changes from a new coach have made me steeper since the fall and giving me confusion how to get from 5 iron to 3w. 3w carry 255. 5i (24 degrees) carry 200. I had covered with st rogue max hybrids at 23 and 20 degrees which got me 210 to 225 and my 20 which gave me 225 to 240 carry...
  4. S

Hook fixes for fairway wood.

Besides lofting down and going with a flatter lie angle in the head, what are some other things in a fitting that can help to minimize the left hook? Can a shorter and heavier shaft help? After 2 lessons (with two coahes), a lot of practice, and a lot of tinkering, I've waved the white flag...
  5. S

Swing changes and fittings

Long story short, I've gone thru a lot of swing changes over last 2 years after returning to golf after an accident and in the process I've changed irons and/or iron shaft combinations frequently. (To be short, my driver SS went from 108 to 115 as I recovered, went down to 101 with an...
  6. S

Links golf club

Does anyone have any experience with this site? I get the concept is to pay a fee to get access to private clubs and then pay the greens fees at some small reduced rate. Does it offer full tee times? Are you locked into very specific undesirable times?
  7. S

Help with shaft tinkering

Currently play g430max with a chrome 2.0 stiff shatft, cut to play 44.5". Worked for me with 100-105 swing speed. I recently changed instructors who broke some of the bad habits that came from my old instructor and my swing speed jumped back up to 108-112. I feel that the chrome 2.0shaft is...
  8. S

Fairway wood fitting head performance

Are there any long term implications of buying a fitting head version of a fairway wood that is bonded? I see a stealth 2 with an adjustable hostle for sale and was wondering if there is any downside to using it as a gamer.
  9. S

Improving without shallowing

I'm looking for a swing to emulate or resources to follow that can help a golfer where shallowing is out of the question. My current instructor does not really seem to be able to help if the swing doesn't start with aggressive shallowing and my body is just incapable. Is single plane something...
  10. S

Bending effect on grind

Does bending a club 2 degrees weak compromise the grind? I play rtx wedges and am looking for a 56 with their "low+ profile" which seems like a vokie M grind. They only offer this in a 8 bounce and all of my courses are pretty soft and I'm also a digger in full and partial pitches and want to...
  11. S

High AOA/unplayable spin

Trying to work a swing change on driver and am beyond frustrated again as my instructor has been extremely unhelpful here. Apparently shallwoing exercises with a 7 iron is the answer to everything when you're -5sgs driving against your handicap goal and +5 on approaches. Any thoughts on what...
  12. S

Wedge bending - creating a large "offset gap"

I'm considering making room for an extra wedge by bending a 54 down to 52 (already bent to 53) and bending a 58 to 60. The new bounces will work perfectly for what I'm looking for. My question is, if anyone has an opinion if the "offset gap" (for lack of a better term) creating by having...
  13. S

Partial chips (matrix)

I had tried the wedge matrix system and went away from it this past season. I want to take another shot. My main issue I have is inconsistent yardage at my partial shots both club to club and day to day. My 1/2 shot with my 58 might be 38y one day and then 50y the next. Also my 1/2 shot in...
  14. S

3 wood replacement

After playing around cheaply buying and selling on FB marketplace, I'm planning on going in for a fitting to replace my 3 wood and was looking for suggestions. Currently play a st rogue 3w. I have a definite hook bias that I'm only able to tame by putting a lot of shaft lean on. The result...
  15. S

Wedge distance:grass vs mats

For those hitting off mats and getting distances from launch monitors, do you see a significant difference in wedge distances on course vs mats due to difference in spin? I'm finding that I am carrying 10 to 15 yards short on my wedge shots on course and can only imagine its because I'm...
  16. S

Path affected by break direction

To be fair, this phenomenon is getting worse the more I pay attention to it.... Does anyone have experience that their putter path is affected by the direction of the break. I've noticed over the last 6 months that I'm holing way more right to left puts. Where I laid my practice putting...
  17. S

Blending iron set with same #

Explanation of why below, but has anyone ever blended an iron set using the same club # and bent the longer iron a bit stronger to gap? I'm playing a mizuno 225 set to 5 iron (loft 24 deg). Was thinking about making a "4iron" out of a hot metal pro #5 iron and bending strong by a degree to 21...
  18. S

2 iron fitting

This is a multiple layered question 1. For those that have been fit for a utility iron, were you able to use a fitting club or have to just accept whatever bonded options they had. My local guy only has bonded options which seems like it would make a fitting not very helpful. Does anyone have...
  19. S

Getting fit for AMT shafts

For those that have been fit into AMT irons, how do you make a call on whether the progressive weighting and flex of each shaft works for you if you only get to hit the 7 iron? (Long story why things have changed since my fitting, but basically, I've recovered from an injury.) I'll preface...
  20. S

Adjustments for custom length 2 iron

I'm looking to change out my srix 2iron for a stealth dhy but go 1/2 to 3/4 inch shorter on the shaft. (I've hit a 4 and really enjoyed the club but can't bring myself to pay $100+ for fitting of a $250 club especially when I know the head). The stock shaft on the 2i is 40.25" long with lie...
Back