Search results for query: *

1. will

What’s your order? - Bull and Barrel Steakhouse

What are you guys ordering?
  2. will

How do you practice your short game?

Just curious as to how you go about practicing short game. Do you have a set routine or just hit some different chips and pitches? We have a practice area at our course that’s really nice and very well manicured. I’ve been practicing short game more, but it doesn’t translate well to the...
  3. will

Help me with a possible golf cart purchase

Okay THP, the wife and I are considering adding a golf cart to the garage and I'm trying to get up to speed on the newer models. This will mostly be for cruising around our neighborhood, but we also want to make sure it's set up to be street legal as some of the places that we vacation allow...
  4. will

GA golf with THPers

Over the next several months I want to get out and play some new courses and, more importantly, I want to meet some other THPers. Maybe just a day trip to meet up and play somewhere. I’m in southeast GA so Augusta, Macon, Savannah/HHI, Charleston, and probably Jacksonville are in range for a day...
  5. will

will's road to the Morgan Cup

Since Thursday I've been going back through last years Morgan Cup thread and I'm continually in awe of what a crazy and incredible experience it is. Knowing that so much goes into this even each year, I want do my part to help continue its success. Part of it will be posting during the event...
  6. will

New Orleans Recommendations

I'll be in New Orleans for a conference this weekend and next week. Arriving Saturday and leaving Thursday. Any restaurant recommendations or things to do while I'm there? The last time I was in New Orleans was 2019 and thought I would see what folks recommended this time around. Not sure if...
  7. will

Replacing putter insert?

I've got a TM Spider FCG putter and way back my clumsiness got the better of me and ended up with a dent in the face insert. It's not over the center, so it doesn't impact putts, but it looks bad. I check with TM and they don't sell or provide parts like that and recommended I check with someone...
  8. will

For Sale SkyCaddie SX400 GPS Rangefinder

I’m selling my SkyCaddie SX400 GPS rangefinder. It hasn’t been used much and is in very good condition. The only blemish is two very small scratches on the screen. They’re barely noticeable, but I’ve included a pic to try to show it. The display itself is perfect and it hasn’t been dropped or...
  9. will

PGA Tour Superstore 25% trade in bonus through 10/31

Just a heads up if anyone is considering trading in some clubs, PGA Tour Superstore is doing a 25% trade in bonus through the end of October.
  10. will

Let’s play a game! How many golfers do you see?

Like the tile says, how many do you see?
  11. will

Recoil 80 vs Recoil 95

So, I've been considering graphite iron shafts for a bit now, but I don't have anywhere to really demo them. I've been able to hit the Mizuno HM's like I have now with the Recoil 95 shaft and it felt great, but haven't been able to demo anything else. My current steel shafts are the Nippon...
  12. will

Contemplating a new wedge - 48 or 50 degree??

So, I currently have Cleveland CBX2 wedges in 54* and 58*. My GW is the set wedge with my Mizuno Hot Metal irons and it's listed as 49*. I hit it pretty well, but I'm not as accurate as I am with my CBX wedges. Accuracy and distance control has been pretty good with the CBX2 wedges and I haven't...
  13. will

Wisdom Teeth Removal

So, last Monday I was eating dinner and somehow broke one of my wisdom teeth. It was not a pleasant experience and after not sleeping much that night, I made an appointment with the dentist for Wednesday morning. Next thing I know, I have an appointment with an oral surgeon to remove all 4...
  14. will

How do you road trip?

I'm in the process of planning my route to VA for Shaft Up #1 and it got me thinking. How do others plan their road trips? Do you plan each stop along the way and stick to strict time limit for each stop? Do you just drive until you have to stop for fuel, food, restroom breaks? Do you drive...
  15. will

Travis Mathew Open to Close pants

So, I'm trying to slowly upgrade the golf wardrobe and I've fell in love with Rhoback polos, but haven't found any pants that jump out at me as a solid upgrade from what I have. Today, I saw a pair of Travis Mathew pants at DSG and the material felt great and looked like they would be a good...
  16. will

Different grip (overlap, interlock) for different clubs?

Does anyone use a different grip for different clubs? Like 10 finger, overlap, interlock? I started playing golf using the interlock grip and always did. After I started back playing after such a long time away, I found that the interlock caused a lot of pain in my fingers. So, I changed to...
  17. will

will's WITB

I've pretty much updated the entire bag (with the exception of the actual bag) since I started back playing golf, so I figured I would start my own WITB thread and update it, if changes are made throughout the year. I know one change will happen in April that's going to be pretty sweet! Old...
  18. will

Disc Golf on Golf Courses

I've heard of some courses that have added a disc golf course to their regular course, but haven't seen it in practice until today. My wife and I played a Par 3 course in a neighboring city and there was a disc golf course amongst the regular course. The disc golf baskets (not sure what you...
  19. will

What THP experiences have you participated in?

With all of the announcements and signups starting, there have been a few threads about deciding which experiences to sign up for and what their first THP experience was like. But there are a lot of people on here who have been active for quite some time and have had the opportunity to...
  20. will

Asics Gel Course Ace VS Gel Course Glide golf shoes

I've been contemplating getting a pair of Asics golf shoes, since my other Asics shoes are ridiculously comfortable. The only problem is that I haven't been able to find them in a store to compare. From what I can tell, the Glide looks like it would breath a bit better, but wouldn't be water...
Back