Search results for query: *

1. Ante

Putter weight positions

Putter that have separate weights screwed on tend to have them attached on the sole, near the face. Drivers on the other hand tend to have the weights positioned as far back from the face as possible. In both cases I assume the weights are there to add forgiveness so why the difference in...
  2. Ante

Biggest Equipment Mental Hurdle

I create pre purchase barriers of my own based on whatever. I spend A LOT of time surfing the net and carefully select potential clubs and bracket myself within that selection. Wife complaining… Had my mind hard set om the new P790s. When they finally came last year I was in the shop same day...
  3. Ante

Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges

Really nice looking! Thanks for posting. Will sit nice next to my Zx5s and I will look forward to holding one😀. Hope they haven’t increased the price. The cost of new clubs is starting to make me sick. Edit. NOT referring to pic in last post above…I mean the CBX4 not the Smart sole
  4. Ante

What Would It Take For You To Put Wilson Equipment In The Bag?

My local shop is a big one, they stock almost all brands. Was there a month or so ago to be fitted for a hybrid. The aim was Srixon Zx but for some reason they had not received heads from Srixon and only had stiff mounted in store. The fitter suggested Titleist and I tried w/o success. He...
  5. Ante

Will You Stock Up Before The Rollback?

No. The other way around - I will probably buy the new ball as soon as it’s available. I anyway spend every spring in search for a new ball and it better be by the rules. It wont make much difference to me anyway. Actually hoping they will limit the driver too, ASAP. Back to a game of...
  6. Ante

Golf Club Storage Cabinet

I was expecting a hard wood cabinet. Polished teak. A winter display in the living room. Open top. So you can run your fingers across the heads when you pass by for another beer and again on the way back. But nice cabinet!
  7. Ante

Filling my pitching wedge to 52 degree gap

Also consider that your JPX irons might be hotter than your wedges. I am in the same situation as you but with Zx5II with PW 44dgr and I went with a set AW (50dgr) that I received just as the season was over. As you said it is almost a PW full swing club anyway. I probably want two wedges...
  8. Ante

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

With my previous set (Cobra Ltdx) a GIR was something to note, now not. I’m regularly on or very close. Doing what I always used to do but the outcome is mystically good in comparison. In my head I’m still a hacker so I’m often surprised and a bit nervous if it will last. Have to learn to...
  9. Ante

Std Mizuno irons lie angle flat?

If they are standard are they flat? Sorry being a DBag. :ROFLMAO: It is hard to match up companies standard lies. Why? Im not saying its an exact science. But you have to simplify the real world when theorising about it. And in this case comparable parameters would be club length, loft and lie.
  10. Ante

Exactly. So to get Mizunos to more ”standard” lies they need to be bent up, say 2 degrees. That would then represent a neutral lie. Now, since I believe I need upright lies I would need another 2 degrees up to get that, right? So we are back to my brain itch. My std MP52s might need to be bent...
  11. Ante

Aha! Off course. Now I get it. Thanks a lot will try this. 😎
  12. Ante

Thanks. I have read that advise somewhere but I dont understand how it works. Im probably really REALLY stupid put I picture myself marking a ball, putting it down, swing, and then as it takes of I try to see the line fading of to the horizon and draw my lie angle conclusions. 100% Mr. Bean I...
  13. Ante

Yea, you are probably right. I’m over thinking as always…The MX100 and MP52 have the same lies, club for club. The Ltdx lies, on the other hand are already 2° upright compared to the Mizuno’s, club for club, and I read somewhere that Mizuno irons in general come flat so I was thinking even...
  14. Ante

Standard lies on Mizuno irons vs “western” irons…? My dear old Mizuno MP52 iron set (bought used long time ago, with std. spec as far as I know) need new grips and the lofts checked. When I hand them in to the shop, I plan to have the lies changed to more upright. The background is that I have...
Back