Search results for query: *

1. M

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

April 22nd was a special day. I went to B&E Meats, asked them to cut me a 2 inch thick Prime Ribeye, 1.65 pounds, smoked at 225 until IT of just over 110, moved to the propane grill for a reverse sear over the Infrared burner. I finish at a little lower finished temperature than you but not...
  2. M

What coffee are you drinking?

I usually have two double shots in the morning but had to pull an extra today they were so perfect. I'm tempted to have a fourth. 18g in, 17.5g out. Confirmation bias perhaps but every bit as good if not better than those I sampled at Espresso Vivace's flagship cafe. As tasty as a Ristretto can...
  3. M

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Hard to smoke with only my wife and I but I find a way. I cut a Rack of Lamb into smaller racks, freeze what I don't use, and smoke what we can eat and my wife only has a couple bites if that. Smoked on a MAK Two Star using the flame zone. Half uncovered for the direct heat sear at 450F...
  4. M

The Home Renovation Thread

Quite a transformation. Still a few items the cabinet makers need to finish.
  5. M

The Pets Thread

Happy 12th Birthday Wallee! Lucky April 13th.
  6. M

JT and Bones Parting Ways

Caddies are employed by the Golfer yes, but they are independent contractors that can be hired and fired at any time. A top PGA tour player has many individuals and companies that they either represent or pay for services so a caddy is not exactly a tour players only "employee". Golf...
  7. M

Phil’s brother Tim Mickelson retires from caddying for Phil

I think he will be OK walking. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=phil+michalson%27s+calfs&atb=v314-1&iax=images&ia=images
  8. M

The Pets Thread

Great weather on St. Patrick's Day.
  9. M

The never ending project drags on. The doors for the cabinets on the West/Left side of the family room were the wrong size and my wife decided to add matching trim to the Coffee/Beverage Bar and it will be over a month before the cabinet makers will be back out. Making progress though and the...
  10. M

We contracted all the work with a small, 2-man cabinet company. They send the design to a fabricator to build the doors and new cabinets and they add the veneer and perform any custom work on-site. I did the demolition, removing the old desk and cabinets and the family room cabinets and ran the...
  11. M

We are finally wrapping up a remodel that included refacing our kitchen cabinets, new countertops, family room cabinets, replacing a desk with a coffee bar and refinishing our floors. I thought everything was fine before but my wife thought different. I did get a coffee bar that allows me to...
  12. M

Lawn Care Thread

Best way to prepare for a hot summer is to encourage deep roots. It you water too often, roots stay shallow if they don't have to grow deep to reach moisture. Infrequent, longer and deeper watering helps develop deep roots better than short, frequent watering. I wouldn't water unless your lawn...
  13. M

Best Remote controlled Golf Carts ranked?

What models would I have access to local service on or would I need to ship out of state for major service regardless of brand? (Seattle/Tacoma area). Thanks.
  14. M

Motogolf out of Las Vegas seems to be a US Distributor. Are they a reputable company? https://motogolf.com/products/powakaddy-rx1-remote-control-golf-cart-with-optional-gps?variant=44319110856946 I am concerned about ease of service if needed. A quick search lists motogolf.com as a PowaKaddy...
  15. M

From the review sites I linked in my first post golfmonthly.com seemed the most detailed and thought out and they list PowaKaddy RX1 GPS Electric Trolley as Editor's Choice yet I see few comments or reviews about it on this forum. Is it a valid consideration for best remote cart...
  16. M

Sneaker looking dress shoes?

I have a high instep and have trouble finding shoes that fit. Allen Edmonds has wide sizes that are perfect for my feet. I just bought a pair of 3E width Burke-Lace-up Sneakers on sale that are incredibly comfortable. I'm tempted to pick up a pair of the similar Porter City model in a different...
  17. M

Big hats

In the wind there is nothing that keeps a hat securely on like a Tilley with their unique double strap, one under the chin and a second behind your head. I prefer the Airflo style and it has various brim size options. For a classic dressier look, a straw Panama or Fedora style hat.
  18. M

Thanks. I am not including cost as a significant criteria. I prefer to buy once, cry once and am willing to pay the premium if a model is the best performing.
  19. M

I want to order a remote controlled golf cart. I've searched and read some comparisons in this forum and initially thought the MotoCaddy M7 GPS was the best available and have also read some prefer the MGI. An internet search for "The Best Remote Controlled Golf Cart" has lists that include some...
Back