Search results for query: *

1. sheepdawg

Callaway Pre Owned is dealin'.

So to celebrate spring I decided to retire my 9* G400 max and bought a Paradym 9* driver from Callaway Pre Owned. Heard Callaway was dealin' and though I've hit Ping drivers for a while I had quite a love affair with an old 8.5* Callaway Razr Fit many moons ago. The club was listed as good and...
  2. sheepdawg

Hogan BeCu wedges

Y'all remember these? When I got my new T300s I remembered I had an old Hogan copper SW in the closet. Since I wanted to go 52*, 56* I stuck the Hogan in the bag. Positive vibrations esp. after an up and down out of a bunker. Nice soft feel too. I bid on another in nice shape on fleebay and won...
  3. sheepdawg

Hole in One, can you beat this?

The $1000 or Hole in One thread got me to thinking. Can anyone beat this length of time between hole in ones? 1st HIO, July, 1969 2nd HIO, July, 2008 39 years almost to the day.. Funny I had my 3rd HIO three weeks after my 2nd.
  4. sheepdawg

Monster movie shows as a kid, remember?

Everyone my age remembers the late night monster movies. In Memphis the monster of cerimonies was this fellow named Sivad. Truthfully METV's Svengollie can't touch him. Who or what was your monster movie emcee? Happy Halloween .
  5. sheepdawg

Gout sucks bigtime

So I grew a bunch of tomatoes this year, been eating them like crazy. About four days ago my right knee swelled up and started hurting. The next two days were pure hell. I can barely walk and getting comfortable is impossible. It might be backing off slightly today. Caution tomato lovers...
  6. sheepdawg

I love my new Heavenwood.

I have an almost of new Callaway Epic Flash Heaven wood. It was 45" when I got it, E-3 on my scale, no wonder somebody got rid of it. So for $109 I bought it off ebay. Cut it back to 43.5", stuck a new MCC plus 4 on it, D-4 now. I have a 185 yard, up a hill par 3 at my usual goat ranch. Tough...
  7. sheepdawg

What famoue bands have you walked out on

In the mid 70s I won tickets to see a band named KISS In a small 250 seat venue. Fifteen minutes into their act I walked out, they were awful and the make up they were wearing had me questioning their sanity. I still think they're awful. Walked out on Kansas too in the 90s, they were having...
  8. sheepdawg

For Sale 1967/68 Dalehead Ping Anser

Time to dust off a few. I have for sale a 1967 or 68 Dalehead Ping Anser. This is from the third batch of Ansers in other words, HISTORY. I do believe these were still hand ground by Karsten or his son John as the company had approx. 15 employees in 67. At one time these were real popular on...
  9. sheepdawg

Claret Jug or Green Jacket

What would you prefer to own? The Claret Jug A Masters Green Jacket To me The Masters Green Jacket, the ability to play in the Masters and go to the winner's dinner for the rest of my life plus I live 140 miles from Augusta. Bet former winners can get on Augusta fairly easy too. Give me a green...
  10. sheepdawg

Got an old picture of you golfing?

I just ran accross this, wow. This would have been just around Thanksgiving 1967. I remember my cousin Ilse took it at Riverside G.C. in Memphis. Man am I thin. My 13th birthday was in November. Remember the old Power Bilt 3 wood too. Choked up on it but not for much longer. Got an old picture...
  11. sheepdawg

What's the best free concert you've ever been to?

This past Saturday the small town next to mine had it's annual music festival. The highlight was a free concert by country music star Neal McCoy. Great 1 1/2 hour show with a very tight band and an a very professional entertainer that was obviously having a good time. Best of all.......el...
  12. sheepdawg

Are you Tech or Simple?

OK so I'm 67 years old. When I started playing you measured distance with certain landmarks on the hole, the big water oak, the creek, the start of the dogleg. If you had an issue you'd get your buddy or the pro to watch you hit a few. Clubs were bought by looks and feel. To be honest this is...
  13. sheepdawg

How many different brands in your bag?

Reading about Scottie Scheffler's bag put a smile on my face. My bag is an assortment of brands too. Ping G400 Max driver, Ping Anser 3 wood, Adams XTD Ti 3H, Callaway X Hot Pro 4-GW. Mizuno JPX SW, Ping Tour W LW. Slazenger Kirk Currie LCP1 Putter. Five different brands. So how many different...
  14. sheepdawg

Who has the cheapest gamer?

I've been bragging about my $14.95 + shipping Slazenger Kirk Currie putter. Two days and one visit to the putting green and the 2 Ball blade that's been in my bag since around 2005 became my back up. It's so rare to pick up a putter that almost forces you to make the perfect stroke. My first...
  15. sheepdawg

Is 5 extra yards worth $600?

$600 for a new driver absolutely blows my mind. In 1971 I bought a whole set of Power Bilt Citations, 2 -PW, top of the line irons for under $100. Yes I know, inflation but $600 for one club, wow. So let me ask as a bit of a cheapskate, for anyone who has shelled out that kind of money on the...
  16. sheepdawg

Greetings from N. Georgia

I 've been playing since 1965, the days of MacGregor persimmons and Bull's Eye putters. Still have the George Bayer jumbo driver and the MT 3 and 4 woods from my youth. Hitting a Ping 400 max, Callaway X Hot Pro Irons now and switching between an Odyssey 2 ball blade and an old Kirk Currie...
Back