Search results for query: *

1. mav52

Lithium battery - Fire

An E-Town home in Jacksonville Fl was destroyed Wednesday morning in a fire sparked by lithium batteries in a golf cart that was parked in the garage, according to the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department. The Fire Chief noted about a lithium fire" If this happens with one of these...
  2. mav52

Deep Thoughts - Shoe String Mechanics

Do you have a particular shoe that the shoe string out of nowhere comes untied, like some invisible entity is playing games with you, if so, you are not alone. My left shoe string even if its tied tight still comes untied. My wife said, you are not tying your shoe correctly, I just roll my...
  3. mav52

Men's Thermals

First, how the heck do you edit a thread title. My iphone did something and posted when I wasn't ready to post. The best men's thermals ( baselayers) for temps between 15-40 degrees. After a bone chilling Christmas Eve cookout in NW Ocala Fla ( horse farm) at my daughters home with a 11 degree...
  4. mav52

What's For Christmas Dinner

What does your usual Christmas dinner consist of. I know a lot of people pretty much serve the same items as Thanksgiving. We usually, for Thanksgiving, have your turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and sweet corn which are some popular foods along with...
  5. mav52

Do You Buy Whole Bean or Ground

About 11 years ago after my first trip to Hawaii and experiencing Kona coffee, I started to really enjoy that morning cup of coffee using a quality coffee. I Kind of went nuts, dumped my Mr Coffee drip maker, stopped buying grocery store ground coffee and went full bore into a Moccamaster, a...
  6. mav52

What Would You Do

7. mav52

On No A Rash

While playing golf at a course in Ocala Fl, after 7 holes I broke out with this unreal itchy red rash all over my legs. At first I thought it might be from something course maintenance sprayed on the grass, but my playing partners were fine. Anyone ever encounter this ? . I have a doctors...
  8. mav52

Socks for Hot and Humid Days

So its the time of year when the temps are on the rise and the humidity percentages are climbing., So what socks are you wearing to prevent damp feet that slip in your golf shoes.. I Know our golf shoes play an important role in breathability, to include fit and material, but the sock has to...
  9. mav52

The Yellow Ball

Anyone gone to a yellow ball as they age. I played 9 yesterday and my partner in golf crime was using a yellow ball. What I found interesting as we both are in our late 60's and in the late afternoon, that yellow ball was so easy to see. I actually changed my ball out for a yellow ball and...
  10. mav52

Rain/Wind Pants

Ive been looking for a pair of rain/wind pants, the price isn't a big deal but what's up with the long sizes. I need an x-large to get them over my golf shorts or slacks but most have a 33 " inseam. I wear a 28-29 inseam and all of the pants at the PGA/Edwin Watts/ Dicks are so long that If I...
  11. mav52

Hello from Palm Coast Fl

Just wanted to say HI. I've been playing AT golf since I started in my mid 30's., I just loved the comradery and friendships I've developed over time all due to this great game.. Head and neck stage 4 Cancer put a stop to things about 2 years ago, but I've been cleared to start up again. I...
Back