Search results for query: *

1. W

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

A couple of years ago I found a wallet next to a green. I don’t know how much cash was in it but there was a pretty thick wad of bills in it. I drive up to the next hole and ask if anyone is missing their wallet. I had looked at the driver’s license so I would know what the guy looked like. I...
  2. W

Losing Golf Accessories

Fortunately nothing of significant meaning. Just some random ball markers.
  3. W

Are there any signs?

if I’m not feeling great odds are better I won’t play as well. But I have had some pretty good results when not feeling my best
  4. W

One must go

Orange cake. Sounds awful
  5. W

What Are You Listening To?

I listened to the new Frank Turner album twice. It was fantastic. He really is one of kind
  6. W

What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

Put on the earbuds and read a book
  7. W

Why are women's golf clothes so boring?

They’d be less boring if men wore them on tour.
  8. W

Is the ball “equipment”..???

I do. I guess.
  9. W

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

It’s the reason I wear earbuds most of the time when I’m hitting at the range.
  10. W

Your Favorite Movie Endings

Almost Famous Godfather 2 Saving Private Ryan.
  11. W

Moving sucks.

I don’t miss those days. I had 2 in college at the time in different places. It was not fun especially when it was on the same weekend.
  12. W

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

I keep hearing Cog isn’t what it once was that’s a shame it was really nice last time I was there many years ago.
  13. W

League Partners Giving Putts

3 feet would be my max. No gimm on birdie putts.
  14. W

Cost Of The Cheapest Good/Best Course Near You?

There is course by me called the Highlands of Elgin. Almost always finishes in the top 5 as best public courses in illinois. Weekday senior which I am is $53 with a cart and $72 on weekend for residents. Non senior resident is about $10/12 more during the week. There is no senior rate on...
  15. W

Most Nervous You've Been for a Round

The first time I played with the league I play with now. One of my wife’s customers invited to come try it out. I went, he canceled last minute so I knew no one. Everyone was nice enough they said he had let them know I was coming. I was recently retired and wasn’t golfing a lot at that point so...
  16. W

Skymark on a driver

i would not let a stranger but someone I play with regularly.
  17. W

Are Sunglasses Optional?

Since cataract surgery it is pretty rare for me not to put sunglasses on.
  18. W

How fancy are you?

I’m retired so the only fancy clothes I need are for the golf course.
  19. W

What is the next thing you're going to practice?

Hitting balls straight and in the air.
  20. W

It's really not THAT small

Sydney Sweeney is sexy too but at my age I’m smart enough to know I couldn’t handle her and those clubs. They are nice looking clubs.
Back