Search results for query: *

1. Surfinguru

MRI report = bad news

Well, I finally broke down and got an MRI for my right shoulder. The report says I have a full-thickness interstitial tear at the posterior supraspinatus footprint along with a SLAP tear extending from anterosuperior to posterior superior labrum. Sigh…… It’s an old, old injury that’s just...
  2. Surfinguru

Arccos Link Pro?

Wondering if anyone has put one of these into play and had any input. Seems really pricey vs the most recent Link. It would be nice to just put it in your pocket a be done with it.
  3. Surfinguru

Ugh....broke a window

Well, it happened. Sliced a tee shot off the planet and tagged a window. The lady of the house was cordial enough and the husband was clearly very pissed off but held his tongue. We exchanged info, but now I'm not sure what level of $$ I should be expected to pay or be responsible for. On one...
  4. Surfinguru

Heading to Oahu!

Hey THP family! Mrs. Guru and I are going to be staying at Turtle Bay in a couple of weeks and we plan on playing the Arnold Palmer course. (Maybe do the little 3-par putting course since that was pretty fun last time we were there.) Does anyone have any current reports for the AP course? I...
  5. Surfinguru

WTB Looking for a Rapsodo MLM

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a gently used Rapsodo MLM. Hit me up if you have one you would like to sell!
  6. Surfinguru

When you're regular group goes bad

Have you ever had to drop out of a group you regularly tee it up with? I've been playing on the regular with a couple guys, while having their faults, it was always pretty fun and enjoyable. Well, it's been on the decline the last few rounds and after yesterday, I'm going to have to pull the...
  7. Surfinguru

Par the hard way!

You know, sometimes you take what you get and have to just keep on grinding! Had to shake my head and laugh at this one...
  8. Surfinguru

How would you rate this gapping?

I was just looking over some of my Arccos stats this afternoon and thought I'd get some feedback on the gapping throughout my bag. I think things start to get a little "iffy" starting around the 6i and up. What are your thoughts here? How could I make this better, or do I even need to worry...
  9. Surfinguru

Pete Cowan?

So we all know there is no end to the number of You-Tube channels offering golf swing help etc. I recently came across a Danny Maude vid (and a few others) featuring Pete Cowan. Pete seems to be as good as they come, and it's interesting going down the rabbit hole of watching the "teachers"...
  10. Surfinguru

ORG 14-L bag?

CPO is currently running a 25% off ORG 14-L cart bags from last year. Anyone using one of these bags that can give some personal insights? Thanks!
  11. Surfinguru

Grips

Well, the CPx experiment is over. While they are nice grips, they just aren't working out for me. I recently purchased a new Paradym driver and decided to go with a standard Tour Velvet Plus 4 and have to say, I REALLY like it on that particular club. I'm just not sure I want that all the way...
  12. Surfinguru

Local Wildlife

A few days ago I opened the front door the retrieve an Amazon package and noticed a ton of twigs, grass etc. piled up on kick plate of the door. Thought it was a bit odd, but hey, whatever. Cleared them out and brought the package in. The next morning, I noticed/heard a pronounced bird chirp...
  13. Surfinguru

Overlap to interlock grip change

I've been using the overlap since I started but have struggled with pull hooks or wild slices. It's been super hard to get the right hand thumb over to a more neutral or even weak position in addition to just death gripping the club. (Always ended up very strong with the thumb placement.) I...
  14. Surfinguru

WTB WTB - Callaway Make It Rain purple mallet head cover

WTB - Callaway Make It Rain purple mallet head cover. Looking to surprise Mrs. Guru as she’s a huge Prince fan.
  15. Surfinguru

Founders Club bags?

Anyone here using their bags and have any input they can provide? I had never heard of them before a few days ago. I like the club dividers and how they keep the clubs from banging around, but curious on the longevity of the overall bag. Founders Club
  16. Surfinguru

What are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for all the memories and great people I've met along the way while out on the course. Scenes like this really help too!
  17. Surfinguru

Arccos Dashboard?

Anyone have any insight into when Arcoss will move out of "Beta" for the dashboard? It's been that way for what seems like forever now....
  18. Surfinguru

Changing weights in your putter?

Playing an Odessey WH OG #7 at the moment. During a recent fitting, I was told I should be in putter with some toe hang versus the face balanced #7. So that got me to thinking, "what if I changed the weights in my putter?" How would that play out? Grabbed the toolbox and pulled the 15gr weight...
  19. Surfinguru

Oban Isawa?n

Went to my fitting over the weekend and was fitted into Oban Isawa Gold shafts for all my woods. I'm happy with the results we saw, just wondering if anyone is using them and could provide any additional input?
  20. Surfinguru

Props to Callaway!

Just wanted to throw a shout out to Callaway for their awesome customer service. Mrs. Guru is playing a Solaire box set and doing really well with them. Driver was working great for her, but we just had to RMA her driver due to some deformation in the head below the hosel. Callaway support came...
Back