Search results for query: *

1. C

Would you get work done on your clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods??

What good is having money if you can't use it to buy stuff you enjoy? I was at Doogies for my takeout 2ft hotdog, fries, and drink. I enjoyed eating the fries outside on a rare day of nice weather in New England. As I was leaving an elderly guy complained that their hot dogs were too...
  2. C

Would you get work done on your clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods??

No. If I can't do it myself I'd take it to Club Champion. The guys there know what they are doing!
  3. C

Grip Pressure: How Do You Do It?

Ball flight. I watch the ball in the air. I find I get much better ball flights with driver if it seems I'm gripping the club tightly. The grip is much looser with irons and wedges. In fact, I don't think about it then. But, I can't use that light grip with driver.
  4. C

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Sometimes I play for best shot of the round rather than for score. In that case I'm going for every single birdie opportunity I get! There are times that scoring low just isn't a reasonable goal for the day. But I can still have fun and practice my shot making! I may practice on most of the...
  5. C

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

My game isn't good enough for bogey management. I can get short Par 3s but on some hole doubles are just fine! Some holes I'll intentionally bogey because I don't have the distance to reach the green in regulation. There is a nasty sloped green which I may not expect a downhill two putt, as...
  6. C

Lefty playing right hand golf??

Cross dominant but had a stroke that took out the coordination on my right side. Right hand world so I learn how to do everything again with my right side. But I can do anything with my left, including butchering meat with razor sharp knives. More strength on my right. Better fine motion on my...
  7. C

How much consideration do you give wedge shafts?

I have an oddball KBS TGI 60 in my Callaway MD5 52/10S. It is the best wedge I have for punching out of the rough. I got it cheap shopping on Ebay. Unused, mint condition. Someone clearing out inventory.
  8. C

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

Someone at my home course said they played 268 9-hole rounds that year and there was still some warm weather left!
  9. C

What are your expectations for a more forgiving iron than your current gamers to hit more greens?

The laws of physics don't change if I'm hitting it out of the rough. Or even worse, out of patches of big weeds where I can't reach the ball first! I need to be on the short grass to consistently make approach shots.
  10. C

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I got burnt out on travel as it was brutal getting around with a disabled person in a wheelchair. There were advantages, like being able to drive right into Washington DC and park within walking distance of just about everything. But, with a partner afflicted with ALS, it just kept getting...
  11. C

Is the ball “equipment”..???

As a practical matter, a dominant company like Titeleist can change the meaning of a word by using it over and over again until it sticks. There are far too many people who need or would like to have some of that advertising money.
  12. C

Hit Instict any solutions

Yes, it also helped me to only do full swings with driver. If I need anything besides full driver distance I need to pull another club. A full swing is needed for proper tempo, a big issue that I have.
  13. C

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

Good luck on the transition! Yesterday I moved a camellia plant from a location next to the house to a spot between my pine trees with filtered sunlight. Took about three hours, as I dug a big trench for it's new home and cleared out the invasive maple roots around it's former spot. A trench...
  14. C

Pro V1 for a 20 handicapper?

My DT Trusofts were great for rolling the ball onto greens. Very consistent forward roll. Very durable covers for bouncing the ball off cart paths that would trash any premium ball. I switched to TM premium balls and started making birdies on short Par 3s! I was better able to spin the ball...
  15. C

Crossing the invisible lines

Which is why I practice with Callaway foam practice balls in my back yard. I used to hit them back at the house, but that made them hard to find. It was far more efficient to only hit them toward the back of the yard from a tee, as they would end up in the same spots over and over again, making...
  16. C

The land owned by a nearby private club is owned by the Town, so town residents get to play it at the market rate on certain days. A couple years ago town Seniors got to play on Mondays with the green fees waived.
  17. C

Commuting to work is a big deal for many folks. I lived a mile from work for a decade, then bought a home 2 miles away. I can get plumbing parts from a nearby Lowes/Home Depot that is just ten minutes away. Now that I'm retired I don't drive much. The drive to the golf course helps keep my...
  18. C

Lower demand due to the difficulty of driving to a certain areas of the city? Or less desirable neighorhoods? I've been to Plano once and Fort Worth numerous times. Driving seems more difficult around Dallas. There is more traffic in Honolulu but the drivers are nice and polite. On Oahu The...
  19. C

Not adjusted to hybrid life.

If it takes two swing to reach the green on a long Par3 then it makes the most sense to play it that way. An iron to the middle of the fairway. A wedge to get it close. Then a putt for par. If you miss the putt then a bogey is still a good score for a long Par 3. Missing a long club and...
  20. C

Hit Instict any solutions

I had a stretch in which I played over a hundred holes without losing a golf ball! Playing a round without losing a ball is a challenge on the course I play.
Back