Search results for query: *

1. Rick Ottenbreit

why so angry

Why does it bother me (and most of us amateurs) to shoot 82 one round then 95 the next. Do you think it drives pros just as crazy to post a 64 and then a 75??? Or are they better at compartmentalizing each round because they play hundreds more?
  2. Rick Ottenbreit

Interesting "Tee it Forward" experience...

Played a course this morning that mandated forward tees only (getting ready for winter maintenance). It did hit many more fairways and got to use a variety of clubs from the tee. My short game killed me on the front and my score was as usual (90's). And it made for a more fun and interesting...
  3. Rick Ottenbreit

Ashworth Shoes

Be interesting to see if Freddie stays with the Eccos or starts wearing the Ashworth clones.
  4. Rick Ottenbreit

Favorite "dog tracks"

Give us your guilty pleasures. Mine is Neshaminy Valley in bucks county PA. 20 bucks to walk, missing some grass on a few tee boxes but has two or three interesting holes and is otherwise "golf".
  5. Rick Ottenbreit

First round ever, did you walk or ride

The "would you walk more?" thread got me thinking. I learned to play as a walker and think of golf as a walking game. Carts have their place, but I wish it weren't in front of me. So did you walk or ride and how do you feel about the subject now.
  6. Rick Ottenbreit

Swing too steep

I asked the pro and go no response. Anyone know any good drills to help flatten out my swing. It is quite steep. I am taking very deep divots and losing some distance.
  7. Rick Ottenbreit

Steep swing, deep divots

Any drills to help flatten out my swing. Taking very deep divots and losing some distance as a result.
  8. Rick Ottenbreit

New guy, Philly 'burbs

Checking in to say hello. After a five year hiatus (little kids will do that to you) I came out of "retirement". Just getting my game back in order (101 down to an 87 today). This site was a nice find and I am getting a ton of info!
Back