Search results for query: *

1. Mightymag

Ping driver grip anomaly?

My grip on my Ping G430SFT driver needed changed. As i started to peel the grip back to get the solvent in i noticed the tape used for the grip did not have the backing peeled off!! I managed to roll the grip halfway down and still no sticky tape. Never seen this before and surprised as Ping is...
  2. Mightymag

A +2 hdcp player

Played a round with a work colleague today who plays off +2 and just cannot believe how good a short game he has. He was hitting fairways for fun but what stood out was his uncanny ability to chip in from just off the green. If he didnt chip it in then the ball would always be gimme range. The...
  3. Mightymag

5 club challenge.

Hi, im playing in a 5 club challenge tomorrow.First time for me.One club must be a putter. The course is quite tight in places but not very long.Only 2 par 5s but good drives on other holes will leave at most an 8 iron or less into the green.Should i leave driver out and take a 7 wood...
  4. Mightymag

Powakaddy fx7 just out of warranty

Went to play yesterday and my motorised powakaddy would not move.My friend fixes trolleys and its prob the motor controller. The trolley is only 2 weeks out of its warranty.I have emailed powakaddy to see if they will fix it under the warranty? Might seem cheeky to ask but paying £800 for a...
  5. Mightymag

How do you look after your new Irons?

Im about to take delivery of a set of new Mizuno irons. In the past i would just put them straight in the bag but this time i am going to try and keep them as pristine as i can. I have seen a video where selotape is put over the shaft info to stop it rubbing off. Ill prob go back to using head...
  6. Mightymag

GEM golf swing aid

After watching a few YouTubers recommending the GEM training aid i thought id take the plunge and since there was 20% off it still looked expensive for what it is but i bought one. First session at the range was strange tbh, I attached the GEM to my 8 iron.On my takeaway my iron was always same...
  7. Mightymag

Changing mindset whilst playing

Lately i have been trying to change how i think and act on the golf course. For a number of years now i have been tense and uptight while playing (not sure if its nerves,anxiety or expectations of myself).There has been no consistency in my performance.I walk quickly to the next shot,quick...
  8. Mightymag

Playing with a low hdcp player

Played a round yesterday with a work colleague who plays off a +3 hdcp. I was hoping to get a few tips by watching his swing. He does everything wrong on his back swing but the quality of his ball striking was amazing.He started the round with a bad hangover and was even par after 9 holes,the...
  9. Mightymag

Ping g425 7 wood

Hi, i have sky marked my g425 7 wood (tried hitting out of a fairway bunker which had coarse sand in it) What paint or pen matches the ping matte finish? im in the uk and cant find any match unfortunately.Dont really want to send it away to be painted so was going to try and do myself. TIA for...
  10. Mightymag

Jumbo grip

Hi, my golf mates at work changed their grips from normal size to jumbo and they all saw improvements to their swings. I decided to have a go and changed my stock grip on my G425 to a golf pride cp2 pro jumbo. Been to the range twice and wasnt convinced (didnt feel like i had control of the...
  11. Mightymag

Ping DLX cart bag

Has anyone had any experience with this bag? After looking at various other bags this is the one that really caught my eye. Just wondering what other players views are of this bag! cheers
  12. Mightymag

Hello

Hi, im a self confessed golf nut.I normally play at least 3 times a week.I started the season with a handicap of 20 and managed to get down to 13. Im looking forward to reading and hopefully contributing to the forum..
Back