Search results for query: *

1. Nick20UK

1st choice shaft not available. Should I switch?

Looking for opinions on Modus 3 Tour 105 (106.5g) vs KBS $ Taper Lite. My fitter has phoned me to say Cobra can't get any Modus shafts until Feb for my One Length irons. I've already been waiting 3 months for my them so he suggested a similar profile shaft - the $ Taper Lite in 105g. I was fit...
  2. Nick20UK

New golf film - Phantom Of The Open

I wasn't aware of this story, but it seems as though it could be a decent light hearted film, with some golf in it. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12572040/&ved=2ahUKEwii496qo-rzAhVLiFwKHbWaC2kQFnoECFIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1EFl8oPPLh11kJrwHbl86x
  3. Nick20UK

Science of wedges

This is an interesting article about selecting wedges from 9i downwards. https://www.golfwrx.com/659470/wedge-guy-the-science-of-selecting-your-wedges/ Do you know anyone who has this setup in their wedges? Only 4° between all of them, higher lofted flatter than the rest of the set? Loft...
  4. Nick20UK

Help me pick a new (ish) driver!

I keep glancing at my rather sad looking scuffed and scratched Cobra M-Speed Offset driver, which is 16 years old now, and thinking its about time I updated it. Don't get me wrong it's ok , but I think I'm probably missing out on newer materials and more advanced tech nowadays. I'm roughly a...
  5. Nick20UK

GI irons + higher spinning balls

Hey everyone. My old Adams clubs are 16 years old, and although they are still perfectly fine I'd like to upgrade to a new set and start playing a bit more. As someone who's currently looking round for a new set of GI irons, the stronger lofts definitely concern me a bit. I'm all for a bit more...
  6. Nick20UK

Hi from the UK

Hey all. Just deciding to get back into golf after a few years of only playing maybe once or twice a year. HC around 20, never been a super serious player but love the challenge and the geekiness of the sport in terms of equipment and swing mechanics. Currently looking into a new set of...
Back