Search results for query: *

1. G

Finally, a hole in one, honestly thought it would never happen...

Have no idea how many rounds of golf I have played in my 60 years of life, imagine 750+ rounds, but finally made a hole in one today. 139 yards out with a 8 iron, ball hit less than a foot slightly right of the hole and took 1 hop and rolled into the hole. Playing with my son, his girlfriend...
  2. G

Help me better understand OOB ruling please...

I have played golf for many years and know all the rules off top of my head, with one exception... Out of Bounds rules, I know there are differences with being out of bounds and different hazards. Over the years as I have played many rounds and tournaments, when a person was OOB off the tee...
  3. G

Range balls, how much distance less are they than regular play balls?

I know there is alot of variable, but on average? I use 3 different practice ranges and with different company "Practice" balls and to me it seems like about a 10 yard difference from my normal playing balls. SuperSoft, TruFeel and QStar Tour. Thoughts....
  4. G

Any idea when we will start seeing Callaway Paradym irons show up in CPO site?

Hit a demo 7 and 9 iron yesterday at my local course. Not really any distance over my Mavriks, but i do like the feel of them for sure. Sweet....
  5. G

I am a much better striker of the golf ball if i address the ball back in my stance.. Why is that?

So I am right handed... And time and time again on the range and on the course if I play my wedges just in front of my right foot and play my mid irons between back foot and middle of stance, I strike the ball much better than if I address the ball more traditionally such as wedges middle of...
  6. G

Wow, was not aware Titliest had such a large margin of tour player use with its Irons and Drivers...

https://www.pgaclubtracker.com/ Figured Callaway lead in both, but what do I know, LOL.....
  7. G

Looking for a back up set of Irons... Around 700.00 or less out the door

My son played and took my backup set of clubs back to Tampa with him. He hit them better than his current set and has every time he comes and plays with me here in North Georgia. So, I am looking for another set. My current Irons are Callaway Mavriks. I hit them pretty well. Looking at the...
  8. G

Chrome Supersoft Golf ball

Was playing a round yesterday and picked up what looked like a brand new Chrome Supersoft ball about 1/2 way thru my round that someone had lost just OOB edge of woods. Put in my pocket and continue playing. On about hole hole 12 I hit my best drive and approach shot of the round and birdied...
  9. G

Removed the 5 iron from the bag finally...

As I have aged, it has become increasing tough to hit my 3, 4, and 5 irons. Replaced the 3 and 4 with a 4 hybrid 2 years back and took them out of bag. Ordered and been hitting a 7 heaven wood over last 6 months and it has become my go to club in many situations where I used my longer irons...
  10. G

Help - Continue to hit behind the ball with my Irons

I hit 1 to 2 inches behind the ball with my irons about 4-5 times per round. I have gone thru many videos and articles of why this happens and am cognizant of making sure I am doing supposedly the right things when I set up and swing. I am a bogey golfer, but feel like this is setting me back...
  11. G

Who all here lives in Florida, would like your thoughts please

Son just moved to Tampa area for a job and his fiancee and her family in that area. My wife and I have made 4 trips down there in the last 8 months and loved it in Feb and April, but June and August were really hot to us. My wife has advised me we will be visiting way more often if kids come...
  12. G

Your stance, is it perfectly aligned?

As I am reaching 60 I am finding it difficult to turn my hips, so I have started opening up my front foot to like 10 o'clock and it appears to help me turn better. Anyone else not using a normal stance setup to the ball.
  13. G

Struggle hitting a 3 wood off the deck, thinking of either a 4 wood or 5 wood, thoughts?

Reaching 60 years old and looking for a club to help me on Par 5s, I have a heavenwood that gets me out to about 165-175 but need something to get me 185-195. Swingspeed in mid 90s. I generally hit driver 210 or so.
  14. G

Is it just me? I play much better golf on a dry course

Being older and not as much distance as I used to get 10-20 years ago, the advantage of dry grass with rollouts seem to help me alot with my scoring. It is generally a 4-6 stroke difference in a afternoon vs morning (dew) tee time. I prefer to play morning golf, especially this time of year...
  15. G

Amazon GoGoGo range finder

Anyone used one? My son bought one last week based on the reviews and he used it today as we played. I must say, I was impressed with the accuracy against my Nikon range finder and the GPS on the cart as well. Have no clue as to how it will hold up over time, but for 100.00, it worked nicely...
  16. G

Wife wants to play gold occassionally, what clubs?

Ok, so my wife has decided she wants to play golf with me and my sons on occassion. Obviously do not want to break the bank with golf club / bag / accessories purchase. Thinking of buying a starter bag at Dicks, Academy, Edwin Watts, etc.... Appreciate your thoughts? Are the starter kits ok...
  17. G

Looking for moderate priced cost ball.... in the 25.00 / 30.00 range per dozen

My swingspeed is around 93-97, varies, so ball needs to have good distance capability, but also would like to control around the greens. I hit the Titilest Trufeel, somebody gave me a sleeve, yesterday and must say I liked it. It fits into that price range. Would like other suggestions...
  18. G

Thoughts on slight movement of ball in fairway, seeing it more and more

I have always played play the ball where it stands, just as the Pros play, but thru the years I have played with and seen it where the player will be in fairway and will take clubhead and move the ball left/right/back some distance usually less than a foot to make their lie better. Played with...
  19. G

Finally gone to hybrids... After hitting them on the course several times, sorta wish I had done it earlier

Well, hitting my 3 and 4 irons was becoming more and more difficult with age. Just struggled getting them in the air and any distance. Was able to hit and test some Callaway BB21 hybrids here recently and boy what a difference, so went ahead and picked up the 3 and 4 hybrids. I must say, easy...
  20. G

Do you ever think "Will I ever score better"?

Played occassional golf (10 time a year give or take) for 30 years, always in the high 90s / low 100s. Getting close to retirement and time and $$$ allows me to play much more golf, so this year alone, I have played 25 rounds since March, started in March with mid to high 90s, then slowly have...
Back