Search results for query: *

1. HuskerFan24

Surface Rust

I pulled out my clubs today to hit a few balls and noticed a little surface rust. Any one know a good way to clean this up?
  2. HuskerFan24

Stock vs. Aftermarket Grips

I have Ping G15 Irons and Taylormade R11 Driver / Woods. All of them have the factory or stock grips. I was thinking of upgrading, but have never done so. Originally it was just to change the "look" of my equipment, but am curious, is there a value to switching? It is not that I feel I need...
  3. HuskerFan24

Golf Grip Training Aid

Any one use something like this before? http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_GP0019_A_cn_E_693 I am struggling with keeping a solid and consistent grip. I think it is hurting my ball striking and keeping it straight. Anything I can find to build a mental memory I think will help.
  4. HuskerFan24

Favor - Omaha's Best Dressed

I had a quick favor to ask of my forum friends. I was nominated for "Omaha's Best Dressed" this year and it has come time to vote. If you are willing to help my cause, please go out here: http://strictlybusinessomaha.com/bestdressedomaha/ And pick: Timothy Johansen, U.S. Bank I appreciate...
  5. HuskerFan24

Ping G15 LW vs Ping Eye2 LW

I am looking at adding a lob wedge to my bag. I currently play the G15's 4-SW. I could add the G15 LW at 58 (loft), 0.10 (offset), 64.5 (lie) and 12 (bounce) or go with the Eye2 LW at 60 (loft), 0.03 (offset), 64.5 (lie) and 13 (bounce). The bottom of my bag currently is the SW at 54 (loft)...
  6. HuskerFan24

Value of new shafts?

I was curious, is there a large value to having new shafts on golf clubs? I have standard Ping G15 irons with the AWT shafts and R11 Driver and Fairway Woods with the standard shafts. Do most people replace / upgrade these? If so, why and is it worth it?
  7. HuskerFan24

Thinking About Lessons

I enjoy playing golf and have recently invested in "nice" clubs and equipment. My problem is, I have never really had any instruction or direction when it comes to golf. I just go out and swing the clubs trying to improve. Some days I have decent results, others not so much. I will say my...
  8. HuskerFan24

R11S Driver - White Crown

For those of you who own a R11S driver, how hard is it to keep the white crown clean?
  9. HuskerFan24

Most Difficult Hurdle?

Being newer to the site and becoming more of a regular to the course, I was wondering what you all felt was the most difficult hurdle to clear? Also, what made the biggest impact on being able to clear the other hurdles to that point? I look forward to your answers! Breaking 95 Breaking 90...
  10. HuskerFan24

Stroke Counter

Any one use a stroke counter while they are on the course? At times I forget how many strokes I have taken. In an effort to be accurate with my rounds, this was one solution I had.
  11. HuskerFan24

Bit the bullet

Well I went and hit the three clubs again tonight (TM Burner 2.0, Cleveland CG16 and Ping G15) at my local golf shop. After hitting them I decided to go with the Ping. At that point the salesman told me they were on sale for $599. They should be here around the 9th of July. So, I want to take...
  12. HuskerFan24

Ogio Grom or TaylorMade TMX Stand Bag?

I am currently in the process of building my golf equipment from the ground up. Right now I use a very cheap set of clubs and bag from a box store. The bag recently tore at the shoulder strap creating the sense of urgency to replace it. After much research I have narrowed my search to two, the...
  13. HuskerFan24

Club Fitting

I am going to go to a golf equipment store tomorrow or this weekend and was curious about something. I am looking to get fitted for the proper clubs and was wondering, is this something that is done free of charge or is there an expense typically associated with it? Also, what all is part of a...
  14. HuskerFan24

Hello from Nebraska

Hello all! I am new here, was looking around for a forum that I could pick up some knowledge about golf and maybe improve my game. I played in high school, but I was never top of the team. Just did it more for the free daily golf. I look forward to the time a head of me in the Paradise!
Back