Search results for query: *

1. Browndog

Northeast FL THPers

I might be available either weekend depending on which day and time but I am more available and would probably prefer Memorial day weekend.
  2. Browndog

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

Seems like the advice most people give these days about getting new clubs is to get fit first. But, there are so many variations in what people call a fitting these days that it is hard to choose where to go because the experience at the various venues can be wildly different. I have come to...
  3. Browndog

The Stack System

Took a couple of weeks off. Did a return to form workout today.
  4. Browndog

The Gethering '24: Golf and Steak and Cake and more

Might not make it to Kinderlou but could play with you on the way down and you could spend the night too if needed. Just under 3 hours away from Valdosta.
  5. Browndog

Savannah GA or surrounding

Can’t make it this weekend.
  6. Browndog

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

It always surprises me when I see golf courses charging either much less or much more than the prevailing market rates. The Covid Pandemic definitely fueled interest in golf. There are more rounds of golf being played now than before. Supply and Demand certainly plays a role, but there is...
  7. Browndog

Hey Folks, Tell Me About Spin...

At the courses I play regularly I do not like to see the ball spin backwards on the green. One hop and stop is what I prefer. Now if I played on very firm and fast greens regularly I might have to change my approach because the few courses that I played recently that had those conditions it...
  8. Browndog

60 On You Score Card

Yesterday my tee shot on #15 was my 60th stroke. Was 2 over through 14. Finished bogey, birdie, bogey, par to shoot 75.
  9. Browndog

Are Sunglasses Optional?

Can’t wear sunglasses while swinging at a ball because they mess with my depth perception. Will wear them in between shots though.
  10. Browndog

Would you ever take driver out of the bag pending the course you are playing?

According to the strokes gained experts hitting driver is a better play in most cases except when driver will bring hazards or bunkers into play. Every month I’m confronted with this decision when we play in the SE Georgia Senior interclub matches from the Sr. Tees. Often I do take driver out...
  11. Browndog

What cigar did you smoke today?

The recently reintroduced Drew Estate Chateau Real and also the Nightshade.
  12. Browndog

Anyone gone from hybrids back to irons?

Over the past 7 or so years I have dabbled a bunch on the top part of my bag with hybrids, driving irons, and fairway woods. Have had 2, 4, 5 & 6 hybrids in the bag, 4 & 5 utility irons and 2, 4, 5 & 7 woods at one time or another. The bag set up I keep coming back to and that I am playing...
  13. Browndog

Peak Height, Spin, And Decent Angle Are More Important Than Loft

Watched Matt Blois’ video yesterday and went away from it thinking that a golfer with a lower swing speed might have had different results. His final conclusion though that people should not worry so much about the number on the bottom of the club but what results they deliver for yardage...
  14. Browndog

The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

Taylormade Speed Blade irons just did not work for me. They are the last irons that I bought after demoing in a store. Have been fit ever since.
  15. Browndog

How consistent are your golf balls?

After reading Dave Pelz Short Game Bible and Putting Bible I started to use a Check Go Pro and Epsom salt bath to check each golf ball and mark a line on them before putting them in play. It didn’t take long to discover that the quality control of the various golf ball manufacturers was not...
  16. Browndog

LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Good morning. For breakfast today: Fresh wedges producing lots of juice and spin sauce. Those golf balls will be dancing! Good luck everybody.
  17. Browndog

The Gethering '24: Golf and Steak and Cake and more

Had such a good time last year that my Men’s group went there a few weeks ago. But the dates are the same weekend as our Member/Guest. Damn!
  18. Browndog

Savannah GA or surrounding

@Keith Prater @RandallC Did either of you lose a black and white Live Lucky blade putter cover?
  19. Browndog

Well, My Mind is Officially Blown

Once again proving that you just don’t know if something is going to work for you until you try it. I’m not exactly the poster child for who would play muscle back blades but that is what I have in the bag because they work for me.
Back