Search results for query: *

1. vintagebob

Mizuno Wedges vs CBX2

I've been trying to stabilize my wedges in my bag. I'm terrible about switching out clubs. I took a bag of wedges to one of the executive courses and played the forward tees. Fate was on my side and I was on my own, with no group behind. I played at least two shots into each hole with...
  2. vintagebob

Club Champion Fitting for my Wife

I treated my wife to a CC fitting while we were in FL. She has SS of around 70MPH with driver. She ended up with Stealth irons with Accra 50i V2 shafts. Callaway Rogue ST Max D 10.5 w/LA Golf Mid 3 wood shaft R flex Callaway Rogue Max 3 & 5 hybrids w/Drago hybrid 65 R flex They had her try...
  3. vintagebob

A Good Day!

I was able to play a scramble round here in The Villages with my wife and Air Fore buddy on Memorial Day. What a fantastic time! We ended up 5 under which was a great score for our skill levels. The 4th that played with us had his best round ever and he was able to shoot his age. Just a good...
  4. vintagebob

Fourteen Golf Iron Set (10 made)

Alright, who is buying one of these ten sets? https://www.fourteengolf.us/products/rm-forged-blade-limited-edition
  5. vintagebob

Range Fittings/Gapping with Range Balls?

After my range fitting for a new Callaway Rogue ST Max I started to wonder about the spin numbers provided by the range balls. I wish I had thought to bring some lightly used gamers to verify the spin numbers. The few articles I looked at indicated a difference between range balls and premium...
  6. vintagebob

Bag Battle/Dilemma (Recoil 95?)

After my 12 year hiatus from golf, I started up again here in The Villages. I started with my old Mizuno MX-200 irons. I got fitted here in The Villages at a Mizuno event and they put me in the 921 Forged with KBS Tour C-Taper 120 S. It was going to be a long wait to get the clubs, so I...
  7. vintagebob

Mizuno STX220 Hybrid

I was at a Mizuno Demo day today and got to hit a lot of clubs. Really liked the 223. When I was done, I asked the fitter if I needed to hit anything else? He handed br a STX 220 5 hybrid with Aldila shaft. Wow. I liked the look and this thing just flew with a higher ball flight than my CLK...
  8. vintagebob

Claw Grip back to Conventional Grip?

Have any of you made the switch from a Claw grip back to a Conventional grip? I've been using a Claw grip for a very long time and I've been fairly successful with it. But, during my Hole More Putts sessions I noticed that my biggest error is face angle at impact. I'm wondering if I changed...
  9. vintagebob

What Club are You Using for Your 50 yard Shot?

I'm usually using a more lofted wedge, 58-60, but I'm thinking of making a change. I would like to hear what everyone is using for that 50 yard shot.
  10. vintagebob

Golf Ball Shortage?!

Will you folks be buying "extra" golf balls to ride out the supposed shortage? I bought some extra SuperSofts at my local golf shop. :oops:
  11. vintagebob

Will You Retire to a Golfing Community?

Are you planning/hoping to retire to a golfing community or club? If so, what area of the country are you looking at and what is your top spot so far? What are the pros and cons of this location? What are you looking for in a golfing community?
  12. vintagebob

Do You Have More Than One "Gamer" Bag?

I'm currently playing two "Gamer" bags. One is an all Mizuno bag and the other is a mostly Callaway bag. Do you currently play more than one "Gamer" bag and if you do , do you think that you are leaving anything on the table by not playing one bag?
  13. vintagebob

Release your “Inner Swing”?

Took a lesson this weekend with an old friend who I have had lessons with before (12 years ago!), so he knew my swing. I was not sure what to work on, so he asked me if I would be interested in following his “path”. I was all in... He started me out tossing golf balls by hand to 5...
  14. vintagebob

Cobbled Together CA Bag

I left all of my playing sets in FL when I came out to my wife’s house (formally her mom’s house) in CA. I thought I had left a playing set in CA but no such luck. I was left to cobble together a set from clubs I had left behind. Wedges 60/56/52 were an old set of Miura’s I had bought on “The...
  15. vintagebob

Callaway and Mizuno Demo Day Musings

Hello All! I'm trying to get back into golf after a 12 year layoff. (Why does your mind remember the bad habits from your old swing better than the good ones?) I'm currently playing Mizuno MX-200 irons (2008) with DG300SL Stiff flex. I attended a Callaway and Mizuno Demo Day here in sunny...
Back