Search results for query: *

1. piperty

What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Picked up this bad boy yesterday at Niketown in Vegas.
  2. piperty

Tiger Woods Says No To Flat Brim

With apologies to Anthony Kim and Rickie Fowler, the flat bill was around even before Tiger became a fashion icon...
  3. piperty

Hooks and Slices, Pulls and Pushes, Oh My!

I hate watching these because I realize how bad the swing looks :banghead:. However, if anyone has advice on improvements that I could make, I'm 100% all ears. Driver resulted in a low draw; 7i resulted in a high fade. Neither with much distance. These are my usual "misses" - Left with...
  4. piperty

Footjoy - Two Ways to Win Contest

Just hit my inbox...
  5. piperty

What's New In The Closet & Apparel Pondering

Finally pulled the trigger on some 2012 Nike Lunar Controls. Got them for 15% off through TGW. $84 total. I'm psyched.
  6. piperty

Contest Winners Thread

Just received my prize pack for the NFL Draft contest. Before I get in to what I won, I just want to think THP, JB, and GG for their generosity and pure awesomeness. Here's what was in my price pack: White/Pink TaylorMade Hat Navy/White TaylorMade Hat White/Pink Ombré Ashworth EZ Tech Polo...
  7. piperty

Fitting vs. Buying New

Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted, so it feels very good to be back among the "living"! I want to apologize if this question has been asked before, I did some searching a didn't find anything recently. Some background: I've been playing the Nike Slingshot 4D's for about 5 years...
  8. piperty

First Lesson in 4 Years Today...

I've been struggling with my iron play recently, so I decided to bite the bullet and schedule a lesson through Golf Galaxy. My biggest problem is lack of consistent, solid contact, which I was hoping to get ideas on how to correct... So, here's my experience... My instructor, John, started by...
  9. piperty

Online clubmaking...

Has anyone tried sites such as www.monarkgolf.com or www.golfworks.com? Monark, for example, has name brand-like heads with name brand shafts, grips, etc. Anyone want to venture a guess on the quality and performance of the clubs available on these sites?
  10. piperty

A big thanks...

...to everyone on the THP forums. I found this gem of a website a few weeks ago, when my game was a constant struggle. I was losing patience and passion. However, since joining THP and being exposed to so many knowledgable, passionate golfers, my game has never been better, or more fun. I've...
  11. piperty

Am I hurting my game?

Here's my situation: I have a back yard that I like to pitch and chip around on. It's perfect for shots that are <80yds. However, I'm not able to hit a full shot, even with my SW (for fear of hitting into a corn field or the stingy neighbor's yard). I feel like this may be hindering my...
  12. piperty

Masters Tix Announcement...

...is getting closer and closer. I can tell you that I will be anxious and excited on June 30! Never made the pilgrimage to Augusta before, and would LOVE to get my lottery ticket drawn! Who else is nervously waiting???
  13. piperty

Karsten Creek, Stillwater, OK

Just got back from the NCAA Men's Championships at Karsten Creek. I hadn't been there before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. So, here's a short review (of the walked, not played, course). Par: 72 Length: LOOONG; 7407 from the back tees. Signature Hole: #17, Par 4 471y, You have to cross...
Back