Search results for query: *

1. burmbuster

Lessons at 55 after playing for 40 yrs.

A little background on my playing history, I started playing at 15 and played almost weekly into my late twenties. Consistently shot low 80's and then life happens. Kids get older, baseball, dance recitals, etc. Started playing consistently again around 10 yrs ago. It has been a struggle. I...
  2. burmbuster

Hybrids- Old vs. New

I had always enjoyed the Cleveland Mashie hybrids. So much so that when I started playing regularly again I quickly scoured the earth for the M2-M5's to go back into my bag. I like the draw bias, weight, and the shafts are excellent. My irons are Srixon ZX5 MKII's so my bag isn't completely in...
  3. burmbuster

Strong grip to neutral and everything that comes along with it.

As long as I can remember I have always used a grip that leans to the strong side. My driver grip is actually what they call a double strong grip. I could always hit with plenty of power and it would be either straight or slightly left (I’m a righty). The key to this grip for me has always been...
  4. burmbuster

Any Bridgestone e12 Contact ball hitters?

I like the older 2021 and under Bridgestone e6 ball. It plays well with my game and it has a great price point for the quality in my opinion. I will probably hit these until dealer outlets run out of stock. The new 2023 e6 is a soft ball which I can only guess is similar to the Callaway Chrome...
  5. burmbuster

WTB Cleveland Mashie M5 Hybrid

Ok, guys. Check your closets and laundry rooms. Looking for a Cleveland Mashie M5 hybrid. Thanks!
  6. burmbuster

For Sale Srixon ZX5 MKII/ZX4 MKII Combo set

Irons have 5 rounds and probably a dozen practice sessions. Excellent shape. Golf Pride Z grips, Modus 120g Stiff shafts. Standard lie and length. ZX5's are lofted to ZX4 specs. I currently play a complete set of ZX5 MKII's and love them. I could not get use to the ZX4's. They hit long but just...
  7. burmbuster

For Sale Ping G irons- 4-AW Great Condition

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! Ping G iron set. Standard length red dot. Great irons in great condition. AWT 2.0 stiff shafts. $350 shipped to CONUS
  8. burmbuster

Crazy Grip that helped my game

I was having a difficult time on the tee box. I had changed drivers and although i tried several brands I felt like I settled for the lessor of the evils. Of course it wasn't the club. It was me. It seemed no matter what I did I just couldn't become consistent. I would move the ball forward and...
  9. burmbuster

Re-shaft or re-place? That is the question.

So after an entire year of playing with my new set of irons, hybrids and driver, I have come to the conclusion that I need regular flex shafts instead of stiff. I have recently replaced my driver with a regular flex Cleveland XL 270 which I love. I was going to possibly get new irons this summer...
  10. burmbuster

WTB: Mashie M3......Stiff RH

After hitting my M2 I received today, this M3 will fill the last spot in my bag.
  11. burmbuster

Your not always "One with Nature" while playing the game....

My sons and I played a round at Magnolia Grove on The Falls course this past Saturday. Tanner, my oldest, hits a drive and lands next to the woods on the right side of the fairway. I take my 5 iron and proceed to walk into the fairway to hit my next shot leaving Tanner with the cart up by the...
  12. burmbuster

Our first child to leave the nest.....

We have three kids. One daughter and two sons. Daughter is the oldest. She leaves for college next month and its just gut renching to me. I think my wife is coping better than I am. She has a good head on her shoulders but its a damn cruel world out there. Anyone else go through this? How did...
  13. burmbuster

2nd Golf Lesson

Well, I had my second lesson yesterday. First one was about 10 days ago. Since my first lesson, I have found my driver swing thanks to using a strong/strong grip. My iron grip has also changed to a strong/neutral grip. So the new grips, along with his tips for staying on plain have shown drastic...
  14. burmbuster

Ohhh, to fill the gap........

Well, guys and gals, I need some suggestions to complete the last spot in my bag. The clubs I have in my bag are as follows: Driver- 9.5 Mashie M2 18* (Corrected) 4i- 21* thru GW- 50* SW- 54* LW- 58* Putter I was thinking of the following clubs: 3 wood M3 Mashie M4 Mashie Your thoughts? Thanks
  15. burmbuster

My Nike VR Forged wedges.....

When my bag was under construction a few weeks back I entered a WTB thread here for a few Cleveland wedges. I knew they were good and although I realized the black pearl would wear to some degree I wanted them. Thainer then replied that there was a sale on Nike VR Forged wedges at a few places...
  16. burmbuster

WTB: Mashie M2 or Adams V3 3H......Stiff RH

Actually ordered the V3 from an advertised vendor here and the order never shipped after 3 weeks. Nightmare of a purchase experience. I need to fill the gap in my bag with one of the two listed. Thanks
  17. burmbuster

Anyone gaming the Top Flite Gamer V2 ball?

I have heard good things about them from a few players at my course but was wondering if anyone here plays them. They sound pretty good.
  18. burmbuster

I just about lost it at the course today.

I am standing on the 18th tee box right beside my 13 yr old son. We had a great time all day. The 18th fairway runs beside the 10th but in opposite directions. We are getting ready to tee off and a cart dashes from the 10th fairway across the 18th and stops. A guy gets out and hits his ball out...
  19. burmbuster

Foot Joy Spider 2 glove

Anyone else use this glove? I just bought one and its fantastic! FJ gloves fit me a whole lot better than the Nike's.
  20. burmbuster

Walking 18 holes carrying the bag. What was I thinking?

I played a round today with my 15 yr old son. I thought it would be a nice change of pace to walk this time. Good exercise right? Well we both have stand bags so we carried them the whole way. I have been contemplating getting a push cart just for the exercise a few times a month. We started and...
Back