Search results for query: *

1. CorvetteGuy

Just how much fun are you (official) competitive players having?

I play in about 80-100 competitive tournaments a year -- it is the most fun due to higher level of play and having to know the rules and play by them . I dont experience much handicap issues in most of them so that is a non-problem, we have had two cheaters, and they were booted from one of...
  2. CorvetteGuy

Any experience with a Mitsubishi C6 Onyx driver shaft??

I have a swing weight tool - most of my drivers are around D8 -- my sweet spot so far. have increased the Titleist and Callaways to E1 and it is ok too but went back to D8. My small opinion is Swing weight with a 44 in driver does not mean the same as when used in a 48 inch driver.. it seems...
  3. CorvetteGuy

thanks for the info -- I will try it out soon and have several weights for both of my Callaways - and yes it will be 48 " long driver like all my others ..
  4. CorvetteGuy

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

Higher handicaps that get double pops.. we dont allow that on par 3s and or more than 18 on skin money pots.
  5. CorvetteGuy

Playing Too Fast??

Last year we had the Player assistant or Marshall - drove around and came up to us as we were waiting to tee off. the group in front of us was waiting to hit because there was a group on the green -- there was a group waiting on the next tee box.. so you get the picture - slow play. The...
  6. CorvetteGuy

I picked one up in a trade deal this weekend -- anyone have opinions or experience with this shaft.. ? I put it in my Callaway but wont be able to hit it for a few days,
  7. CorvetteGuy

What's worse then flip flops on the putting green?

loud music is worse on the putting green or the golf course
  8. CorvetteGuy

The 60 and over Thread

Woke up this AM and decided at 77 yr old I was going to play the next full week of golf tournaments at an age of 65. Will let you know how this mental game plays out. First tourney is today from 6400 yards.
  9. CorvetteGuy

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

this is also true -- Out here in the Great Pacific Northwest -- many of our course fairways here are bordered on both sides with thick deep forest trees and brush. with the fairways being 40 -50 yards wide - sometimes 30 yards wide. A player does not see any other fairways other than the one...
  10. CorvetteGuy

Very true - if Tiger had been there or Jack - yea they would have won. (y)
  11. CorvetteGuy

Driver distance would be my focus for a comment. I played in a tournament last weekend and was paired up with a range of handicaps 7 - 26, The 26 guy was a nice young kid in his 20s just starting in his 2nd year. As we played we talked about the game of golf and I told him - one thing you...
  12. CorvetteGuy

Where is your game?

Last month I did 13 days in a row -- 7 of those were tournaments... I had a few Gin and Tonics and Advil to get thru it but still played ok on day 13.
  13. CorvetteGuy

Where is your game?

At 77 years old -- game is hit and miss, but that is due to playing 5 times a week and sometimes I am tired. Front nine today -- 3 birdies and 6 bogies. go figure.
  14. CorvetteGuy

What are the results of irons that are 2 deg flat

I knew a guy years ago that had his irons progressively more upright as the club loft increased... I think he started somewhere around 2 deg flat from what I dont know since there is no standard lie angle.
  15. CorvetteGuy

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

Good idea on the Ping.. I like those Pings and if they could get rid of those ugly turbulators - I would own one of those too. You also have a very good shaft in that Tensei Blue... I have quite a few friends playing that shaft including me. My Titleist driver has it and my Callaway Rogue like...
  16. CorvetteGuy

Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

Mute button is the most used button on my remote.. in case you missed it tho
  17. CorvetteGuy

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

That driver is going to be tough to beat -- maybe a shaft change with same head?
  18. CorvetteGuy

Your Favorite Movie Endings

Rambo Ford vs Ferrari Uppity - The Willie Tibbs Story The Ghost and the Darkness Top Gun Beverly Hills Cop
  19. CorvetteGuy

League Partners Giving Putts

In our leagues we have a standing rule and it is written on the rule sheet for each competition.. All Putts must Be Holed out.
Back