Search results for query: *

1. Cruskater

Fitting .370" shaft and .335 hybrid

Club builders! Question for you. My wife just got a new Paradym hybrid but was going to be in the same shaft, a Motore X HB. Turns out the Motore is a .370 and the head is a .335. Anyway to make this work?
  2. Cruskater

How much would you pay for green fees on vacation?

Title says it all Excluding once in a lifetime bucket list courses like a Pebble or Tara Iti or Shadow Creek, how much would you pay for a round at a resort course on vacation? Settle a debate for us here. I would pay $300 at a Cabot/Dream Golf type of place with established quality and...
  3. Cruskater

Favorite type of golf course

The thread on top 5 courses had me thinking. Most of my courses were either oceanside courses, American style links, or Sandhills type courses. Do you favor a specific type or have a ranking? I appreciate all types but growing up in the Northeast, parkland courses are just meh to me but I love a...
  4. Cruskater

Boycotting USGA and GHIN

Thought this could spark some interesting discussion, perhaps @Jman, who I believe is a USGA loyalist would have some thoughts. After the college football season and salivating for golf season to come back to New England, I'm back and posting more here on THP. Some guys from our local golf...
  5. Cruskater

Where should we go for March spring break

So the missus and I have narrowed down our March break 2024 trip to a few locations, but each have pros and cons and are open to some suggestions. We're fortunate to both be teachers with the same 2 week Spring Break. Admittedly we are looking for a golf heavy destinations with great courses and...
  6. Cruskater

WTB Callaway Paradym Driver 9 Degree - RH

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone has one they are looking to sell!
  7. Cruskater

Club Champion Mats

Anyone had a CC fitting or another fitting where the fitter wanted you to hit exclusively off the "rough" portion of the mat? Irons and woods? Seemed to impact my wife's numbers quite a bit today. Didn't help the mat (and location as a whole) was rather tired and probably needed replacing...
  8. Cruskater

Best Rash Guards/Wet Suit tops

So after spending most of the afternoon watching the WM and going back and forth with the Mrs., can't seem to find a good quality rash guard on Amazon. We have a good amount of gift card funds on Amazon from the holidays so we are trying to stick with them. Any recommendations? I'm looking for...
  9. Cruskater

Hawai'i Big Island Golf

Hey everyone! Big fan of tropical golf and Hawai'i is high on my list. I have played Maui and Oahu before but will be on the Big Island in March. Planning on playing Mauna Kea and Hapuna while staying at a vrbo near the Mauna Kea resort and Mauna Lani North and South (and their Wikiwiki short...
  10. Cruskater

SG Greens, Fairways course dependent?

I have mused on this before but never part of a separate thread... Should SG Greens and Fairways be course dependent or qualified on course rating? Going over some data from my recent trip up to the in-laws in Maine and noticed my GIR were higher at the Samoset Resort than at the public...
  11. Cruskater

Career Round!

Proud to say I shot a career round yesterday, +2 70 on our home course. I was -1 after 9 holes. The course is pretty short, less than 6000 yards, but it is narrow with small greens. Part of me wonders whether such a short course is something to be proud of but who cares?! My driver has been...
  12. Cruskater

Favorite reclining sofas?

The $200 Walmart couch from my younger days is finally giving out (and giving me back pain!). The missus and I went to a large furniture emporium in the Boston area to look at new sofas. We went in thinking about regular sofas possibly leather, suede, or microfiber, but discovered the support...
  13. Cruskater

Would you ever ditch all headcovers?

Doing some research of golf in NC sandhills and found this blog post from a guy who decided to get rid of all golf headcovers! I would be afraid of cracking or dinging the crown/sole of my woods. Would you go without any headcovers at all...
  14. Cruskater

Golf Auctions

@Golfgirlguru and I are always big fans of golf auctions. Some are more affordable than others Fore Hadley, GCSAA (think Member for a Day auctioning off 5k rounds). We can support a charity and maybe get a great discount on a pricey or private course. That's how we played Manele Golf on Lanai...
  15. Cruskater

Cruskater's Driver Shaft Race...Pick One!

Ok...so I have been testing two shafts head to head over the last few weeks with my Epic Max LS head at 9*. Took me a while to get some consistency down as my driver swing was off all fall. The numbers listed are the 9 best swings from my last two sim sessions. When I compare the total shots...
  16. Cruskater

Putter Swing Weights

If one were to cut down a putter shaft 3-4" that would presumably lower swing weight right? And the putter head would feel a bit heavier because of the loss of weight in the shaft? For my SeeMore custom putter I won last May, they gave me a 29.75" shaft to accommodate my strange stance, but had...
  17. Cruskater

Conscious or Unconcious? What type of golfer are you?

In his latest book, Make Your Next Shot Your Best Shot, Bob Rotella describes stages of golf "development" as Unconsciously Incompetent, Consciously Incompetent, Consciously Competent, and Unconsciously competent. Ultimately he wants you to play "out of your mind" not overthinking things, having...
  18. Cruskater

Sporcle Major Champion Country

Kids had a test today so we played a little Sporcle afterwards (a website with trivia games that ranges from education to pop culture to sports). Found this Major Champion by country of origin quiz. I got all of them except one. I won't reveal it if you want to take the quiz, but one is a golfer...
  19. Cruskater

What makes a sport a sport?

Having a discussion here on the inclusion of subjectively judged competitions in the Olympics or other events (ie. Gymnastics, diving, figure skating, freestyle skiing and snowboard, ballroom dancing--not any Olympic sport). OED definies sport as "an activity involving physical exertion and...
  20. Cruskater

For Sale Mizuno ST-G Driver 9 Degrees with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60 6.0 (Stiff)

Brand new and in shrink wrap! Comes with headcover Looking to get $475
Back