Search results for query: *

1. Cruskater

CONTEST The 2024 PGA Championship and Thread

Think it will be Brooks fending off Rory and Scottie.
  2. Cruskater

Make a breakfast sandwich - pick 4

Biscuit-fried egg-bacon--cheddar (or pimento cheese)
  3. Cruskater

CONTEST The Bracket Challenge on THP - Stanley Cup Playoffs and Thread

Saw that the Rangers are 6-0 to start the Cup playoffs and the last time the Blueshirts were 6-0 to start the playoffs was '94. Coincidence or another Cup for NYR?
  4. Cruskater

I like Joel Q also but doubt Bettman would reinstate him just so the Leafs could name him coach. Really interested to see what they do with Shanahan. Roster was deficient this year I think. No depth scoring and a bunch of pylons on D.
  5. Cruskater

Leafs fire Sheldon Keefe. People still speculating Berube will be the replacement. Other names thrown out there are Gallant (older), Boudreau (oldest), McClellan, Hakstol, Evanson, Brind'Amour (that'd be wild), and Carle (too young?)
  6. Cruskater

50g Weighted shaft for 3 wood

Just see how it goes. What weight is your driver? For the last couple of years I was swinging a 70g driver and an 80g in my 3W and 5W, but found I really had to swing aggressively to load the 80g and my body wasn't a fan of that! Last summer I was fitted back into my old weight class, 62g...
  7. Cruskater

Would you get work done on your clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods??

No, but it all depends. I thought that way of the PGATSS as well but there are 2 guys at the local shop who do a terrific job and I only bring in stuff when they are working. Eventually, when we get a house, I'd like to dip my toes into the club building waters since I seem to get a lot of work...
  8. Cruskater

PGA ratings grab?

Interesting question...is it easier or more difficult to find streaming ratings? I am sure it might take time compiling it, but perhaps it would be easier to see how many are people are viewing.
  9. Cruskater

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Unless I'm working on a specific shot (like last week I had two downhill lies behind greens with the green running away from me, so the first time I tried to open my lob wedge up and slide the club under it and let it hit the fringe and the second time I hit a chip with a gap wedge), I'll...
  10. Cruskater

Mallet vs blade?

I think the neck is nearly as important as toe hang in a putter and is often overlooked. Depending on stance height, hands, etc, a different neck can make a huge difference. I can putt lights out with a CS, but really struggle with a plumber's neck or heel
  11. Cruskater

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I absolutely love my Chrome Tours...but while we are at our normal home course this Spring I am using some Vice Pro Plus balls until I get rid of them. I think I have about 4 dozen to go through. I played them extensively before going to the X LS and Chrome Tour so I have an idea of how I hit...
  12. Cruskater

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

Lawd. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until very late! This week: Monday: mobility and stretching 4-4:30 pm Tuesday: Lift/golf workout 10:11:15 am Wednesday: Range in the afternoon (weather permitting) Thursday: Golf workout 3:30-4:45 pm Friday: off Late afternoons except on coaching...
  13. Cruskater

Mallet vs blade?

I have heard it before that nobody putts in a completely straight line, that everyone is still somewhat of an arc. While this may be technically true, I must be as close to a straight line as it comes. CS face-balanced putter. I play the Odyssey Eleven and have used a fang and a CS heavy putter...
  14. Cruskater

Why are women's golf clothes so boring?

The missus often goes with a solid, plain color polo, but has some pretty beautiful and patterned skorts (floral, tropical, etc). That's one way of doing it, kind of reverse from what others do with a patterned top and plain bottom. Puma has some nice patterned skorts as does Lilly
  15. Cruskater

High swing speed but no spin ball

Give the Chrome Tour a try. Better feel than the LS, but both will give less spin off the tee and favorable launch.
  16. Cruskater

Panthers D played wishy washy and allowed the Bruins to attack down low most of the game. The rest of the team D wasn't great either. I had a feeling the long layoff would hurt them. Last year the Panthers were the ones with momentum after winning that game 7 in Boston (closer series against...
  17. Cruskater

Honestly surprised at the result of the Carolina vs New York Rangers game. I still think this is a 7 game series but felt like the Rangers might be rusty from waiting so long to play. Also thought the Carolina forecheck and defensive system would have shut down the top 2 lines. Igor played well...
  18. Cruskater

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

My wife had an instructor who literally contradicted himself over the course of a couple of lessons with regards to the width of the backswing and wrist in the backswing.
  19. Cruskater

That's where I've run into difficulty this year. As a teacher and a hockey and baseball coach, my schedule is completely dependent on the game schedule and my wife's work schedule. Tried getting up 45 minutes earlier to workout first thing but it wrecked havoc with my sleep schedule. (I have...
  20. Cruskater

Interesting question for y'all gym rats (I used to be but since getting a bike in the apartment I do stuff at home with weights and my resistance bands)... Do you generally workout at the same time each day?
Back