Search results for query: *

1. Scott F

Pops

I started playing a VERY long time ago but before coming to THP I had never heard the term pops used before. What exactly are pops?
  2. Scott F

Budget: Garmin R10, Rapsodo mim2pro, Voice Caddie SC4 or Flight Scope Mevo?

I’m looking into the under $1,000 launch monitors. I’m not interested in playing courses, or connecting to a projector, or paying for subscriptions. I do want to use my iPad and phone to view the numbers. What I’m looking for here is real world reviews, on models you have or have used, what you...
  3. Scott F

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

If you had to play with clubs that were the farthest thing from fitting your game, how much worse would you play? In this video, Bryson DeChambeau played 6 holes with a 4 club set of junior clubs and still shot even par. How much do the clubs really matter?
  4. Scott F

April 8 Solar Eclipse

Anyone planning to make a trip to see the total eclipse coming up April 8? I live in Northern Indiana about 100 miles from the path of totality. My wife and I will drive over and make a day of it. I’m hoping to see if my iPhone can take a good video of it. Has anyone here ever witnessed a total...
  5. Scott F

Genius Design

I wonder who the genius at Wilson was that thought these would be a good idea? Was it meant to target the camo wearing guy who plays golf and doesn’t mind losing a dozen balls every round?
  6. Scott F

DIY Home Improvement Project

I consider myself pretty handy around the house. Minor repairs, plumbing and electrical are no problem. This week, I decided to tackle a project that wasn’t technically difficult, but was probably more physically demanding than my 68 year old, out of shape body was ready for. One feature of the...
  7. Scott F

Using a golf course to try to hide

Bad place to hide on a golf course?
  8. Scott F

What has just gotten too expensive for you?

Inflation has driven the cost of so many things through the roof. What have you just given up on because the prices are just not worth it to you. I’ll admit that I’m a boomer and have seen prices when a gallon of gas was 35 cents, and a McDonald’s hamburger was 15 cents. Food has never been...
  9. Scott F

Best Michael Jordan Commercial

10. Scott F

Predicting Future Tech

I grew up mainly in the 60’s. So much of the technology that we take for granted these days wasn’t even imaginable back then. Cell phones, the internet, personal computers, digital music files and GPS are just a few of the things that my 10 year old self, even my 30 year old self, would have...
  11. Scott F

How many Subscriptions?

It seems subscriptions are the norm these days. Aside from what I consider utilities like phone, internet and other requirements, how many subscriptions do you pay for?
  12. Scott F

Skechers Slip-In Shoes

I’m an older, overweight guy with a bad back. Bending over to put on shoes and tie them is not the easiest thing I do. I’ve been wearing slip on casual shoes for years but trying to put them on just by stepping in to them generally requires straightening out the heel that rolls over. I just...
  13. Scott F

Dash Cams

Anybody put a dash cam in their cars? I’ve seen so many dash cam videos on YouTube I just had to get one even though in the 36 years i was driving 4 hours a day for work, there was only 2 events that I’d like to have had a dash cam for. For having a front and rear camera and a good image at $133...
  14. Scott F

Shooting Your Age

How old will you be when you finally shoot your age? I’m hoping in can do it while in my 70’s…..if my back holds out long enough!
  15. Scott F

“Older” Technology Sims

I’m wondering is anyone can tell me anything about what I assume is an older sim I played today. It had two rows of sensors on the floor in front of the screen, and rows of sensors that ran up the walls. There was a light positioned above where you hit from. No Trackman type specs, it just...
  16. Scott F

4 wood

I’m currently carrying a 3 and a 5 wood that are getting a bit old. I use the 3 or 5 wood off the tee occasionally for laying up, and more often than not, I use the 5 From the fairway. I’m thinking I could easily replace the two woods with one 17° 4 wood. Losing a few yards dropping from the 3...
  17. Scott F

Tiger and Rory, Indoor Golf League

https://golf.com/news/tiger-and-rorys-new-virtual-golf-league/
  18. Scott F

It’s corn on the cob season. How do you cook yours.

I do mine in the microwave with the husk on and remove the husk with the silks like he does in this video. Best way ever.
  19. Scott F

Do you still have a landline?

Another thread about cash being dead and another about cutting the cord on cable, reminded me of other things that are disappearing. I got rid of my landline a few years ago and was wondering how common that is. You still got your home phone, or just rely on your cell?
  20. Scott F

Handicap Poll

I’ve seen the statistic that only 10% of golfers have a handicap. It is natural to assume that a greater percentage of followers of this forum have a handicap than don’t. A similar thread to this was conducted here in early 2016 which showed 75% of the 134 votes had one. You don’t have to...
Back