Search results for query: *

1. Buckeyegolfnut

Hit Instict any solutions

My main golf buddy does that all the time off the tee. He'll aim way right, throw it OTT, and pull the ball back into play. Somehow he manages to square the clubface, and hit it where he wants.
  2. Buckeyegolfnut

What are the signs of a bad Instructor?

I once saw a video clip, a long time ago, about a black golf instructor who was teaching black kids how to play golf. He would give them grips on cut off shafts. Not whole clubs! Just grips! That's how important he felt the grip was to a proper golf swing. I've heard many more than one...
  3. Buckeyegolfnut

The 60 and over Thread

I like your thinking. All I want to know is does the ball go where I want it to and the proper distance. I gain nothing from stats. Even when I was playing the best golf of my life, which was a long time ago, I did keep some stats, but in my head. I would sit down after a round with my scorecard...
  4. Buckeyegolfnut

Playing Too Fast??

I figure the kid was just doing what he was told to do, even though some things make very little sense. We've experienced the opposite issue with some starters. One time I, my main golf buddy and his Son had tee times, and I arrived quite early. It was mid-week well before the Covid golf "boom"...
  5. Buckeyegolfnut

First bucket is a disaster.. What’s your next move?

Usually if I'm doing something wrong I'll know right away. I'd never burn through a whole bucket making the same mistake again and again. The last time that happened I stretched, warmed up, and hit about 8 worm burners in a row. With a wedge! Okay, what's going on here?! I got the sun behind me...
  6. Buckeyegolfnut

Yet, I understood what you were referring to and totally agree! Oddly enough I received an email today from Performance Golf with a lesson by Martin Chuck showing a student exactly this! How to move your body through the swing. It's a wonderful lesson and I think you can find it on You Tube. I...
  7. Buckeyegolfnut

The 60 and over Thread

In my opinion that indicates a poorly designed course. A properly designed course should play fairly from every set of tees that fit the skill level of the golfers playing them. Yes, those are soft cover, very "spinny" balls. As for myself give me Precept Laddies any day.
  8. Buckeyegolfnut

Official Rant of the Day

That's always a moment of horror isn't it? Reaching into the fridge or freezer and taking hold of something that is only "cool"! I wouldn't know. I can't stand the taste of Dr. Pepper, or any diet soft drink for that matter. I gave up "pop" or "soda" if you prefer, many years ago along with...
  9. Buckeyegolfnut

Maybe a little too complicated of an explanation for those without a physiology degree, but I agree. The power in a golf swing comes from the movement of the body, not just flapping your arms around!
  10. Buckeyegolfnut

The 60 and over Thread

I played lots of sports growing up. That's one of the reasons that my knees are shot. Tore my right knee up three times until I needed an ACL reconstruction. Sprained the MCL in my left knee several times. Broken right ankle playing basketball. And I continued to play basketball into my early...
  11. Buckeyegolfnut

The Official Banter Away Thread

I had an Aunt that had a rather large habitus. She claimed it was due to "glandular" problems. Even as a child it didn't take long to figure out what was what. The "gland" my Aunt was having a problem with was the one directly beneath her nose! Every time it opened, she would put food in it. I...
  12. Buckeyegolfnut

It doesn't necessarily have to be exact, it just needs to be repetitive. There are a lot of pros whose moves would never be taught. Scotty Scheffler's footwork is one example. But they've found something that works for them and they keep doing it. Practice and repetition will help with the...
  13. Buckeyegolfnut

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

In my case it's more like bogey acceptance. Some holes just demand a tee ball and an approach that I can rarely hit anymore, even playing from the Senior tees. So, in those cases, I look at bogey as an acceptable outcome. About the only time I get mad at myself is when I put the ball in trouble...
  14. Buckeyegolfnut

Official Rant of the Day

You beat me to it. I have heard that even murderers have zero love for child molesters, and will hurt them if possible! So, Hell could come to dinner early if that creep gets convicted and sent to the slammer. I opened my freezer yesterday morning to get some sausages and tater tots, and it...
  15. Buckeyegolfnut

Finishing the swing, both the backswing and the follow through, was a big issue for me last year. That's how I came up with the idea of just swinging a club in the back yard. No ball, no hit impulse. Just swing! All the way back (at least as far as I can), and all the way through. Obviously, at...
  16. Buckeyegolfnut

Tour Event The 2024 CJ CUP Byron Nelson

He'd have been better off in the bunker!
  17. Buckeyegolfnut

Ever unable to watch the PGA due to incredibly irritating commercials? Or is this weekend the first?

You might think that if you are the named sponsor of a televised event, and you will make a substantial media buy to advertise your products, you would have more than one arrow in your quiver!
  18. Buckeyegolfnut

The Official Banter Away Thread

Reminds me of something my Mom and StepDad went through. She tried to make him sleep on the couch and that just wasn't going to happen. He told her that he was paying for the house, which meant that he was paying for the bedroom, and that he had paid for the bed! In which he was going to sleep...
  19. Buckeyegolfnut

Official Rant of the Day

So Mom was "selling" her kid to the sugar daddy. Some people are so wonderful!
  20. Buckeyegolfnut

If you're talking about the "hit impulse" my recommendation would be to just take any club into an open space and swing it! No ball, no target, no nothing, other than the club and swinging it. All the way back and all the way through. It's some of the oldest advice in golf. Swing the club and...
Back