Search results for query: *

1. Redd

20th Wedding Anniversary w/golf

Last night my wife and I spent a few hours in the car together, just the two of us (that rarely happens), on our way to watch my oldest play baseball. We began talking about our upcoming 20th wedding anniversary (July) and she said something that made a tear well up in my eye: "I know that...
  2. Redd

Puma Phantomcat Nitro

I have absolutely loved my Alphacat and am extrememly stoked to see this on the CPG site this morning!
  3. Redd

Golf Ball Fitting & Search - What Is Your Process?

Like so many, I have become increasingly more aware of the necessity of finding a golf ball that "best" fits my game and sticking with it. Unlike many, my ignorance to this matter is absolutely astounding. I have played primarily CS/CSX & Maxfli Tour/TourX over the past couple seasons, but I...
  4. Redd

Seeking Direction - Full Set (12 yr old Daughter)

My daughter just text me something I'd previously only dreamed of: "Daddy, I signed up for the 7th grade girls golf team today. Can you help me find clubs?" I could've (and might have) teared up right then. My sons (16 &14) both took up golf last year, but my daughter has never shown an...
  5. Redd

Oklahoma Hackers: Revisiting a Possible Gathering

Good morning! I had every hope and intention of getting to meet some fellow Okie hackers in 2023 for some golf, but 2023 is somehow already almost over. I know there was discussion last year of a possible Oklahoma/Texas gathering, but haven't seen any recents talks. I'm out in far western...
  6. Redd

Time for a Change: Players Irons to Game Improvement Irons?

I have been gaming the Bridgestone J15CB (4-PW) for the past 8 years and I have loved the feel of every good shot during that time. I'm not (quite) delusional and understand they aren't the most difficult clubs to hit, but there is a definite negative impact when not contacting the center of the...
  7. Redd

WTB Inexpensive stiff shaft (w/adapter) for Callaway BB 815 Alpha

My oldest son (16) has a fracture in his driver shaft. He not competitive and is enjoying his second season of golf, so I don't need anything exotic. Full disclosure: i'm fairly ignorant when it comes to shafts (and most everything else), so I'm not even entirely sure what I need to be looking...
  8. Redd

Family & Golf

I started trying to learn golf when I was in the 9th grade. My dad (& mom) didn't/doesn't play and, while my youngest brother now plays golf, neither of my brothers played at that time. I found myself jealous of my buddies that were fortunate enough to play golf with family members. Fast forward...
  9. Redd

WITB - reddcee81

- Big Bertha Alpha 10.5 (Fujikura Speeder 565) - Cleveland Mashie F3 (Miyazaki C. Kua 59s) - Cleveland Mashie M3 (Miyazaki C. Kua 59s) - Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold Pro S300) - Wilson FG Tour 52* - Wilson FG Tour 56* - Ping 2021 Fetch 35" - Ping Hoofer Lite
  10. Redd

Take Two!

After joining THP eleven years ago life happened and golf took a back seat. Between chasing my children all over creation for baseball, going septic and almost dying in 2019 (and the uber-slow recovery) my golf game took a major hit. Now that my kids are older (11, 13, & 15) and taking an...
  11. Redd

Eye opening experience with blades

I probably shouldn't share this since I feel so silly about it, however; yesterday I had my first experience with blades an came away feeling rather beat down. I had started feeling good about my iron play recently and really felt like my swing was seeing the fruits of the labor I've put in. I...
  12. Redd

R9 TP adapter question

I have a quick question and I'm hoping to avoid being roasted. I did try searching, but didn't have much luck answering my specific question. I do apologize if I just missed the answer: I just received my R9 TP driver yesterday and noticed immediately that the adapter showed "Std loft, higher...
  13. Redd

Hello from Oklahoma

I just wanted to take a quick minute to introduce myself to the board. I, like others, just stumbled upon the forum while looking for club reviews and decided to stick around. I've taken the past couple weeks to read through many threads and decided it was time to join. I am a 30 yr old...
Back