Search results for query: *

1. GolfTravelDude

2 weeks in Ireland!

Have played both. Playing 1st round August at Doonbeg. Couldn't play Lahinch as member event all week. That was preferred but Doonbeg very nice too.
  2. GolfTravelDude

2 weeks in Ireland!

I typically suggest that a SW Ireland trip should be your first trip over. A real nice group of courses and ton of fun. Lahinch sits on the North side of entry point of a SW excursion, so is typically the first round or possibly 2nd if Doonbeg in royayion too. Then rest your bones in Killarney...
  3. GolfTravelDude

The Goat Track

Looks like a fun time. Late in day with a bunch playing skins would be awesome.
  4. GolfTravelDude

So You Want to do a Links Golf Trip in GB&I Some advise

Many have thoughts about making a trip over to play the great links courses in GB&I. Please know that very far in advance planning is required if you have designs to go in the prime time of mid summer. You need to be executing on your plans 18 months in advance if you expect to play the name...
  5. GolfTravelDude

2 weeks in Ireland!

Cemetery out to right of #1 is like a magnet
  6. GolfTravelDude

David “Magic Man” Taylor Named Head Coach Of Oklahoma State Wrestling

Good hire. Imagine OSU will elevate it's program shortly. PSU is beyound loaded for next year. Recruiting is tough as there is a very highly rated wrestler at every weight. And a couple Starocci and Bartlett are coming back when most including Moi hoped they would just move on.
  7. GolfTravelDude

Honma D1 Golf Ball Review

Nice. Looked at Ebay and $20 a dozen. May give a few a try.
  8. GolfTravelDude

Owners Cottage at Ballyhack

Sweet digs. Enjoy.
  9. GolfTravelDude

Would You Game This?

Not my style. Nice bag though.
  10. GolfTravelDude

Scotland in May '24

Great write up. Going in April makes more possible. There isn't the crowds like mid summer. That's a ton of golf. Sad about North Berwick, it's my fave with Kingsbarns close 2nd. Hope feeling better.
  11. GolfTravelDude

PXG Black Ops driver

Recently did a drive from VA to SC and along way in Charlotte was a PXG store. I set up a driver fitting. I fully expected to buy the Black Ops. Went in hit a few irons to get loose and fitter proceeded to give me two heads the 9 and the 10.5, Each with a few different shafts. All told I hit...
  12. GolfTravelDude

Chipping on Green?

If the hole is built in such a way that you can't get there from here directly putting. I'd say if I'm feeling confident and the design is stupid, Yea I will pull out my wedge. The one time I played Pine Valley the 8th hole has two greens and I pushed my approach to the wrong green. Caddie was...
  13. GolfTravelDude

2 weeks in Ireland!

Staying there our last night with the guys. That hole pictured last tee box is out to right. Elevated blind tee shot but fairway is very wide. Par 5. Hole 12. Bud who passed and had made a couple trips over with me had in his will he wanted his ashes spead on 12 tee box. Following year we made a...
  14. GolfTravelDude

2 weeks in Ireland!

Shall be in Ireland first two weeks of August. First week golf with buds, 2nd week 8 couples but still 3 rounds of golf. Doing SW 1st and NW 2nd. First time the Mrs is coming. Took her 28 trips to finally say she had to go.
  15. GolfTravelDude

Aretera Alpha One Shafts Review

Nice write up James. Seems like a great shaft. Should gain traction in market.
  16. GolfTravelDude

Convinced my nephew to change majors

I'd offer that depending on his personality would be best pursuit of career path. If he's personable in Golf Shop probably better. If more introverted agronomy may be best. Either way there are many ways to have a great career in either.
  17. GolfTravelDude

The Gethering '24: Golf and Steak and Cake and more

I'll be looking at a drive down and can pick up a couple along way. Basically 95 from Emporia, VA down. If anyone would like to car pool, touch base. I'm in if the numbers work.
  18. GolfTravelDude

Private Club Feature or Bug?

Have played many like this. Mostly, after some consernation, I turn my attitude toward being blessed to experience a place which doesn't allow much outside play.
  19. GolfTravelDude

Weirdness at the PGA Club Professional Champiosnhip

Well geez, PGA now idiots. Well at least they are better than USGA, Ha.
Back