Search results for query: *

1. FatChance

If Cobra Re-released The King F9 Driver...

I loved my F9 driver, but traded it, along with a F8 driver and Speedzone Pars and Stripes driver for my Darkspeed Max driver and have never looked back.
  2. FatChance

What cigar did you smoke today?

I've never done it, but you can buy it online. [emoji106]
  3. FatChance

What are you drinking?

Pilar Dark Rum with a very good Padron cigar. 👍
  4. FatChance

What cigar did you smoke today?

A favorite Padron with a glass of Pilar dark rum while watching golf out in my shop. Life is good!
  5. FatChance

Whiskey Thread

I want some soup.
  6. FatChance

Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

Quoting my own post. My new V5 was delivered on Tuesday. My first round with it will be tomorrow. I have been playing with the various menus and am pretty familiar with it now as I have been using GPS watches for a number of years. I don't know if it is necessary anymore, but when I first get a...
  7. FatChance

Shot Scope X5 Watch

If I had a quarter for every time you had to repeat these same instructions in this thread, I could have paid for my new V5. Thanks for being such a great (patient) resource! 👍
  8. FatChance

Are Sunglasses Optional?

There is a lot of ignorance in this thread. I only have two eyes and want to keep them so I always wear quality sunglasses when outside during the day. UV rays are still damaging your eyes even if it is cloudy outside. I haven't played a round of golf without sunglasses in more than 30 years...
  9. FatChance

Well, My Mind is Officially Blown

I just got new Cleveland Zipcore XL irons with 65g A flex Recoil Dart shafts and have had the same experience. I buried my ego in the back yard and getting modern technology appropriate for my old guy swing has really paid off.
  10. FatChance

Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

Thank you! Just ordered, too good of a deal to pass up.
  11. FatChance

At this point in your life what is your "No thanks, it's too cold for me to play" temperature? And what's the coldest temp you ever did play in?

The coldest I have played in was a January day, upper 20s and breezy in Ft. Collins, Colorado back in the early 80s. No snow on the ground, but the ground was frozen. Yeah, it was cold and I would never do that again. However, I did hit a couple 300+ yard 3 woods (100 in the air, 200+ rolling on...
  12. FatChance

Worst Club Tech Name?

Not exactly technology, but RCH shafts. They must have been very fine...
  13. FatChance

Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

As I have said several times, my DS Max 12* driver with a HZRDUS Red shaft is just awesome for me. It is a dead nuts reliable fairway finder. That said, I cannot even imagine what Cobra can come up with in the next generation or two to improve on my DS. I have had and played a F8, F9, SZ and...
  14. FatChance

Ping Zing 2 or Ping ISI / K?

I played my BeCu Ping Eye 2 pre-plus irons until a couple weeks ago when I replaced them with Cleveland Zipcore XL irons with UST Recoil Dart 65 F2 shafts. Not looking back...
  15. FatChance

Simulator Golf, I don’t get it.

I don't get it either. If I still lived up at 7500' in SW Colorado, I could spend close to the money it costs to outfit and maintain, or pay to rent, a simulator, or just drive down to Scottsdale to play a round or two of real golf. Now, I live in Arizona where we can play pretty much...
  16. FatChance

What accessory(ies) have you lost on the course?

I seem to lose my mind at the golf course quite frequently.
  17. FatChance

Jason Day - Worst Ever Masters Scripting?

The baggy white hoodie and white pants he is scripted to wear today (Sunday) is it's own level of awful...
  18. FatChance

Cleveland Smart Sole Full-Face Wedges

My preliminary thoughts are that the Smart Sole C chipper and S sandwedge are both incredible and have a place in my bag. The L lob wedge can be very useful and I have used it in some particular situations and it is easier to hit than any lob wedge I have ever used and will stay in my bag until...
  19. FatChance

Cleveland ZipCore XL Irons Review

I have been playing my new Zipcore XL irons with Recoil Dart 65 F2 shafts for a couple rounds and they are incredible! A simple swing gets them launched straight! and long (stronger lofts). The forgiveness is great. I just got a new launch monitor that was delivered today and I have to dial in...
  20. FatChance

Bryson DeChambeau Plays Avoda Golf Irons

During the coverage earlier today, they said he designed them, had them 3D printed and they were just approved for tournament play a couple days ago and he is playing them in the Masters as of yesterday. If true, that is incredible!
Back