Search results for query: *

1. billyh

The Disney World Thread

That’s my government name James Bernard.
  2. billyh

The Disney World Thread

3. billyh

What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

I like to catch a small misdemeanor that would typically get dropped with a fine. It gets me out of the house for the weekend, I meet new friends, and I don’t have to cook.
  4. billyh

Convinced my nephew to change majors

Not trying to be rude, but $50-70k a year is not financially difficult to make it on. Let the kid pursue his dream. If my nephew wanted to be a PGA pro and run a golf shop or even a local muni, let him go with it. Just like any other field, you’re going to have to start towards the bottom, but...
  5. billyh

Marathon Training

I’m not a runner, but looking at the times with your last mile and still having “a lot left in the tank at the end,” I’m sure a 1:45 is more than manageable. That last mile was 🔥
  6. billyh

Twirls are overrated. When's the last time you walked one in!?

It’s kind of lame to walk a three footer in so I can’t remember the last time, or if I ever walked in a put. But a twirl? I can’t do that either.
  7. billyh

Do you wear sandals when you travel?

Nope. I wear them to and from the beach or pool. That's it. In 2005 I came back from Iraq and went with a group of fellow Marines to get pedicures in Southern Cali. The little old Asian woman, bless her heart, told me my feet looked angry. I took that to heart and now they don't come out often.
  8. billyh

Beer in a can tastes better than beer in a bottle

I remember my first, and last, Busch Light. I've grown up since then and drink my beer from a tap or a bottle.
  9. billyh

Has there ever been a Tour Player on THP?

You weren't the worst. And I think you've come around a bit so... You might be good.
  10. billyh

Marathon Training

@MarMill and @Nate good luck fella’s! Hope you guys reach your goal times.
  11. billyh

The Most THP Thing Ever!

We shot an honest 57 and got beat by 5 strokes. We tied in scores for 2nd in A flight but tie breaker put us in 3rd. We played meh but were able to put some stuff together. Everyone contributed and I was roping 5w shots like crazy.
  12. billyh

The Most THP Thing Ever!

It’s surprisingly easy to hit. Tee it high and let it fly!
  13. billyh

How consistent are your golf balls?

To the original question, How consistent are your golf balls? My honest answer is I don’t know. I typically play a 2 piece low compression ball made for distance when I buy new. Currently I’m playing E12 Contacts and SuperSofts. They seem to do everything I need them to do and are consistent...
  14. billyh

WITB the scramble bag for billyh

Nothing new and flashy except the bag itself. It’s still a solid setup and works well for me. 2 driver vs hybrid is usually a day of decision so I put both in there. Bag - PUMA X Volition Stand Bag in desert camo Driver - Callaway B21Custom Nashville Hot Chicken UST Helium Nanocore 4F3 Driver...
  15. billyh

I'm calling you out

I seem to remember I’m one up on you from Myrtle. My conscience is ok with beating up old guys on the golf course 😂
  16. billyh

You ever just get...bored?

Yes? Irons are the same but I’ll bring 2 drivers just to play around with. Because too much of a good thing is still a good thing. Unless it’s chocolate cake. Then my die a beat us gets all wacked up.
  17. billyh

You ever just get...bored?

That’s after I cleaned out most of the Hogan stuff and there is some that’s not pictured still. But ya, I might have a problem. I’ve also added to the pile.
  18. billyh

THP Auto Repair Shop

Send me a PM tomorrow and I’ll look it up on Alldata when I’m at work. Depending on where the turbo sits (front or back of the engine) it could be fairly easy or a PITA. I don’t know any good shops in Columbia, but I knew of an Audi/VW shop in Wilmington behind the airport that was really good...
  19. billyh

Loggerhead Golf Co. Headcovers

You canceling class?
  20. billyh

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Finale with UST Mamiya

Last full round I played was almost 10 months ago. I understand. Just break out the training aids. If you need some positive encouragement you have my number. I’ll get the hype up and get your head back in the game 😁
Back