Search results for query: *

1. Super_Dave79

Golf Lessons - How much and for how long?

I've been attempting to play this game for several years now with limited success and little consistency. My frustration level has reached its peak, so my next step (and what should have been my first step) is to take actual golf lessons. I've had 2-3 random lessons but each with a different...
  2. Super_Dave79

Practicing

Hello Everyone, I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this question but I need the expertise of my fellow THPer's lol. I am a fairly high handicapper and I have been playing for about 2 years. Due to work and family obligations, I only get to play golf about once a month. I've taken some lessons that...
  3. Super_Dave79

What is the quickest full round you have played?

So for the sake of saving money, a couple of my buddies want to play tonight after work vs. playing on Sat. or Sun. when the prices are 2-3 times higher. We are set to tee off @ 5:10 and I think the sun starts going fully down around 8:15. I'm worried its not enough time to finish a full 18...
  4. Super_Dave79

Hitting right

I am a right handed golf player and I recently took a lesson where the instructor had me work on my grip. Today at the range I was using that grip and was pretty consistently hitting everything right. Not a slice but right of the target by 30-45ft. So, I rotated my stance left and it helped me...
  5. Super_Dave79

Golfer shot in North Texas

It is a slow day at work so I have more time to post today............... I just read this story about a golfer in Denison, TX (about an hour north of Dallas) that was shot because his dog wandered onto a neighboring property and I had to share. I can't believe this. It definitely makes me...
  6. Super_Dave79

Double Par Limit

Hey THP members, I need your input. I must preface with saying that I am very new to this golf thing and my game needs tons of improvement. With that being said, I spend most of my time on the driving range and play rounds from time to time. The last round I played, there were 2 holes where I...
  7. Super_Dave79

Jerks Playing Golf

This is not so much related to golf as it is golf etiquette.....and I guess I am more wanting to vent and see if I am the @ss more than anything else. I apologize in advance if this is not the right forum to post this in..... I played at a course on Saturday and after the 9th hole, my friends...
  8. Super_Dave79

Hitting into people

In the recent thread about slow play, somebody mentioned hitting a shot close to the slow players as a warning signal to hurry up. This made me realize that technically I don't know what is considered hitting into people. Obviously hitting a shot that has the potentital to hit the players ahead...
  9. Super_Dave79

Newbie help needed with hybrid and fairway wood

I apologize in advance for the beginner question but I have recently started having trouble with my hybrid. When I first started playing golf, that was the easiest club for me to hit. Now I can't seem to get any distance on it. Also, I invested in a new burner fairway wood and I have trouble...
  10. Super_Dave79

This never gets old..........

I took this video last Saturday and I had to share. I laugh every single time I watch it lol. Sorry for the audio, it was a windy day out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRZ1oF4ob-A&tracker=False BTW, we layed the groundwork a couple of days in advance. The loser of the first hole...
  11. Super_Dave79

Best Golf Ball on a Budget?

I'm trying to keep my golfing costs down as much as possible and I have no idea about which golf balls are better than others. Any preference on the best ball that isn't $20 for 3 balls? For a while I was just buying recycled balls (which sucked) so I have now moved on to Titleist DT Solo's...
  12. Super_Dave79

Should I keep............????

New the forum and very new to golf (ie I'm still a bad player). With that being said, I made my first par the last round I played and my buddy said I should keep the ball. Do you think this is stupid or a good idea? I thought it was standard to keep the ball & scorecard for first birdie...
  13. Super_Dave79

Hello from Texas

Just joined the forum and I'm excited about getting a chance to learn some great stuff on here. I am very new to golf (only playing about 6 months) and my game is awful but improving alot. Fortunatley in Texas we only have a month or so where it is too cold to play so I have lots of practice...
Back