Search results for query: *

1. SunnyWalker

Wedges with less bounce

So my current wedge setup is 56* 12* bounce and 60* with 12* bounce. I never use my 60* at all. I've been thinking about dropping the 60* and getting a 54* with less bounce say 8*. My thoughts are maybe less bounce(8*) might help me in certain conditions where 12* is too much. Anyone else out...
  2. SunnyWalker

Lie Angle pitch and run

The pitch and run is a shot I'd like to get better at. I'm sometimes faced with the option of using this shot, from <5 yard to 50 yard carry, multiple times during a round on my home course. I've read where getting the heel of the club off the ground(slightly) can help. So I was wondering if...
  3. SunnyWalker

Playing by the rules Vs. accepted cheating

I rejoined a country club, that I was a former member of, last fall. I've been playing in the "sweeps" almost every time I play. It's usually anywhere from 16-36 guys, mostly my age(62) or older, with a few younger players at times. Handicaps range from 0-22. Lots of forward tee players, some...
  4. SunnyWalker

Hybrids vs. Driver - fitting?

I’m 61, and an 8 handicap. I have no idea what my clubhead speed is but its not getting faster. Maybe 90ish??? I have an M2 taylormade driver with a Fujikura pro 50 reg flex shaft. I probably carry a solid drive 220ish no more than 230 I have taylormade raylor 3 and 4 hybrids with reax 65...
  5. SunnyWalker

Intro from Maryland

Hello everyone. I'm 57 year old, retired, 10+ handicapper whose been playing on and off since I was 24. My home is in northeastern Maryland. I don't get out as much as I used to, but I do enjoy talking about and learning more about the game. Hope to contribute something positive to this fine...
Back