Search results for query: *

1. G

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

At my level I usually play for bogey and try to avoid double. If I'm targeting par as a criteria for success, that requires stringing together back to back quality shots which doesn't seem to happen often enough. Mostly I try to not string together poor shots and blow up the hole.
  2. G

Adjustable Weights in Irons

Didn't even know this was a thing. But I feel like I should have known.
  3. G

Cornhole vs bags

Cornhole. Never heard of bags.
  4. G

One must go

I'll drop two - no more cookie cereal or orange cake.
  5. G

League Partners Giving Putts

Most guys in my league will give putts out to about 3 feet. And get more generous with someone that's having a horrible day or a blowup hole.
  6. G

Build/Fill Your Golf Bag with $15

Driver: G430 10k ($5) - I was fit into the 430 max but didn't buy one yet so this is the closest. Fairway: G425 ($4) - My last club picked, but I had $4 left so why not spend it? Irons: Apex CF16 ($2) - My current gamers. Wedge: T22 ($3) - Also currently using these. Putter: Ghost Tour ($1) - I...
  7. G

Telling people what you do for work.

No problem telling people I'm a HS teacher. The follow up always is one of two questions. Either what classes do I teach, after which they respond by telling me how they hated that class and almost failed it. Or how do you deal with HS kids all day when they're so horrible? (People believe way...
  8. G

Skymark on a driver

Sure, go ahead. Just try to make your new sky mark symmetrical with the ones I've already put on it.
  9. G

Your Favorite Pen?

Pilot G2 10 I learned long ago that the worse your handwriting is (like me), the wider the pen tip should be to avoid totally looking like chicken scratch.
  10. G

League Play - How Are You Doing?

Only one week played so far. I played pretty well by my standards, especially for early in the season and not really touching my clubs for 6 months. No idea on the overall league standings or status because we switched to a new app and there has been a delay in getting scores input.
  11. G

What did you shoot today?

45 for the first league round of the season. Happy with it but could have easily been a 43 with a little bit of luck. My approach on the toughest hole hit the cart path and apparently vanished into another dimension, turning par or bogey into double. And I somehow lipped out what should have...
  12. G

Which Neighbor Are You?

Only have two nearby neighbors. I moved in about 27 years ago and I’m still the new guy. I guess I’m the one with no unique skills but willing to help out however is needed.
  13. G

Time test TE Customer Service

You won’t be disappointed. Find my thread about their warranty. Short version is I had a fairway wood shaft snap just above the hosel. They replaced it under warranty. Then a couple years later the head flew off the same club and sunk to the bottom of a pond. Sent back the shaft and they...
  14. G

How much fun are hard shell tacos?

One of my favorite meals.
  15. G

Pizza Slices

Best looking slice first with no preference for size. In your diagram, slice F should be small as well assuming the pizza was cut by a normal person. When I worked at Dominos long ago, those skinny ones were the loser slices. Known poor tippers could count on having their pizza include them.
  16. G

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

40 degrees with a steady rain that changed to snow about halfway through the round. And the week ended up not counting for league since our two foursomes were the only groups dumb enough to show up.
  17. G

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

Bluetooth speaker left in the golf cart and never turned in. I replaced it with a new one that's bright blue and easier to notice when unloading.
  18. G

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

It's one of the main factors in picking when I decide to pull the plug. Our contract gives me 5 years of paid health insurance after retirement, and cashing in my unused sick time will pay for about 3 years more. So if I retire at 56 when I'm first eligible, it leaves a 1 year gap where I'd have...
  19. G

Taco Bell Menu in 1974

taco and enchirito
Back