Search results for query: *

1. Grand Stranded

I just bought 3 Cobra Rad Speed hybrids… what am I in for?

I’m currently going nuts trying to get the top of my bag settled. i noticed the other day these Cobra hybrids were on sale for $129 each. I can’t remember the last time I hit a Cobra club, but the chance to get a set of 3 new matching hybrids for under $400 was very appealing to me. That’s...
  2. Grand Stranded

Compare iron sets Gen3 0311 XP, Tour Edge E722, Cleveland Launcher XL Halo

I’ve been playing the Halos for over 6 months and they’re fine, just lacking any wow factor. They just seem to be kind of blah… forgiving with middle of the pack with distance, but no bag appeal. I just picked up a set of the Gen3 0311 XP’s… tons of bag appeal, distance is a hair better than...
  3. Grand Stranded

Question for Rogue St FW and hybrid players…

I was playing the Rogue ST Max D 3 wood, and it went as straight as any 3 wood I remember playing in a long time. The problem is it was going 15-20 yards less than the OG Rogue w/Quaranta shaft I sold when I had to go down a flex in my clubs. I gave it the 30 days Callaway allows, then traded it...
  4. Grand Stranded

Advice on which 3 wood to buy?

I’m trying to decide between the G425 Max and the Rogue St Max 3 woods. I have the G425, it’s forgiving, but the distance isn’t great. I hit the ST a little further (10 yards) indoors off a mat, but that rarely translates to the course for me. When I hit a club repeatedly in a store, I always...
  5. Grand Stranded

Callaway “cancels” Phil?

I’m not sure if this is a thing or not, but I heard this morning that Callaway has pulled Phil from their advertising, and doesn’t want their name on his bag and headcovers because of his stance regarding that new Golf League. I also heard they “paused“ his lifetime contract with them and he’s...
  6. Grand Stranded

PXG lowers shipping cost…drastically!!!

Ground shipping has now gone down from $30 for one club to $17, two or more clubs dropped even more, from $60 to $18 total. Hard to beat what Parsons is doing right now with this DTC model. They’re prices are great, and now they have listened to the complaints about shipping costs. Right now...
  7. Grand Stranded

50% TRADE IN BONUS IS BACK ON CALLAWAY GOLF

I just ordered a couple of Rogue Max hybrids. Got a great deal with the bonus! Thanks Callaway!
  8. Grand Stranded

Anyone else still playing Rogue X irons?

Is anyone else still gaming these monsters? I replaced a set of Apex CF16’s with the Rogue X irons as soon as they were released (4 years ago?) because I was looking for more distance as my SS went down. I’ve tried to replace them with about 5 or 6 different sets since then, but nothing knocks...
  9. Grand Stranded

What’s The Holdup?

I was in a local PGASS yesterday and asked about a PING driver. I was told not to expect delivery until September. I mean, really? What is going on with them? It’s funny, I’m on golf message boards all the time. I get bombarded every morning with emails from GolfWeek, Golfwrx and Golf Digest...
  10. Grand Stranded

NEW PXG Gen4 lineup coming in March

I just saw this on their website... 3 Gen 4 drivers Fairway woods Hybrids 3 new iron releases Parsons explains new pricing policy, and wants to provide a sense of transparency with new releases. I’m becoming more and more impressed with PXG the last few months, and have done a complete 180* turn...
  11. Grand Stranded

The 60 and over Thread

I'm 66 years old, and playing to a 12.8 handicap. I'm currently playing white tees, but I know there are quite a few courses where I should move up a tee. Any course over 6200 is a long haul for me now. I'd love it if this thread becomes a place for others like me to get together and talk golf...
  12. Grand Stranded

Rory or tiger ryder cup points

I'll pick an Over/Under of 2 points for either Rory or Tiger at the Ryder Cup. Personally I'd give Rory a slightly better chance at the Over then Tiger, but I wouldn't bet on either. What do you guys think?
  13. Grand Stranded

Why would anyone pay full retail for Callaway clubs....

Back in February, with reviews of “redacted” Rogue clubs posted in every category, I caught some minor pushback for saying I thought the Rogue lineup was a blah release. I also said I’d wait 6 months, given the current Callaway business model for it all to go on CPO, then possibly see about a 3...
  14. Grand Stranded

Question about delofting irons

I just switched from Steelhead irons to Apex cf-16's, and I'm very happy with my new clubs, but have one problem. When I bought the Steelheads, I bought the matching 3 & 4 hybrids. They are long, and go straight. But when matched with the Apex 5-GW, I now have too big a gap between my 4H and 5i...
  15. Grand Stranded

Should i switch to apex cf-16?

I've been playing the Steelhead XR's for the past year, and I've improved my cap from 16 to around 13, even though I've moved back a tee box to where I'm now playing courses that average about 6200 right at sea level. I just turned 64 last month and hit my 7 iron 140 carry. I just picked up a...
  16. Grand Stranded

Is ping the "hot" oem in 2018?

Down here in Myrtle Beach, we get golfers from all over the world, and the locals are very golf savvy. Callaway and Taylormade have always been very popular, and Ping seemed to be a distant but solid third when it came to sales, and the eye test when looking in bags at the very crowded bag drops...
  17. Grand Stranded

Over/under: Callaway rogue lineup sales vs 2017 epic, steelhead lineup?

Let's forget about whether a club is better or worse then the other. Callaway is coming off a great year in 2017. Apex were still selling, Epic drivers... the Steelhead XRs were the highest selling iron last year. Callaway answered with the Rogue lineup in 2018. It's going to be tough for them...
  18. Grand Stranded

Rickie fowler. "big hat, no cattle"

Ever since his rookie year, when he laid up from about 220, it just seems this guy just can't close the deal. Like most, I want to see him get it done, but it just seems like there's something missing. He's very likeable, and a hard guy not to root for. However, if you take away the hype, there...
  19. Grand Stranded

HELP w/ STEELHEAD XR and MIZUNO JPX 850 IRON COMPARISON

Hi , I posted this question a few days ago on the SH XR thread, but no replies. I am playing the Steelhead XR's with the stock Matrix shaft. I have the chance to buy a new set of Mizuno JPX 850 cast irons at a great price. I would like to get them as a back up/travel set but I can't hit them...
  20. Grand Stranded

HELLO.... PING 700 irons and 400 MAX Driver ANYBODY CARE???

I realize this has been a busy week for golf club releases, Callaway and their Rogue line is all over the Forum. However, I just stumbled upon a Rick Shiels review of new PING 700 irons, PING 400 MAX driver , and new black Glide wedges. I'm amazed that there hasn't been anyone in here who even...
Back