Search results for query: *

1. jnordwell

Official Ludvig Aberg thread

So after the master who else thinks this young man has some real skills. I for one think he passes the beer test for me. I can see sharing a few beers with him. Like Shane Lowry. Down to earth guys. Anyone else thinking this way now?
  2. jnordwell

Any R10 users

I am on the fence on picking one of these up. I am a weekend hacker and will be looking for something to help with numbers and for possible indoor sim type of a device in a little aspects.. any good ? Bad? Ugly? Thank you
  3. jnordwell

Chambers Bay

So name says it all. Anyone play Chambers Bay? Any tips this one is on the list and finally I have a few buddies who are on the same page let's go play there without the talk of it's expensive or my game isn't good enough.. so what can I expect? Other then just a fun time with buddies and making...
  4. jnordwell

Scotties putting woes

If any pro that is playing today. This is getting painful to watch Scotty. Maybe he needs to do what Payne Stewart did when he struggled and pick up the seemore. Could help make sure he is lined up correctly.. any thoughts? I thought maybe a mallet but I think the RST is what he needs.
  5. jnordwell

Phantom 5.5 head wt?

Does anyone know the head wt of the phantom 5.5? I am thinking of extending mine to counter balance it. Like my jailbird as a backup putter..trying to locate the needed wts to get it where feels like the jailbird.. Thank you
  6. jnordwell

Any advice? First colonoscopy

I don't have a family history and haven't had any issues not looking forward the prep. Any advice for the meals? Told no red die no seeds. White bread or white rice. Hello not red flavors, laxative first then the fun drink 2 part drink one 8oz on Sunday then wake up at 1 am drink the other one...
  7. jnordwell

Ideas for shallowing out wedges

So I live in the PNW which is nice can almost golf year round if you don't mind a little rain from time to time. But it tends to some wet fairways. I'm a digger with irons .. I was wondering what are some good ideas to help shallow out the irons and wedges? Thank you
  8. jnordwell

Wedge shaft is lighter then irons..should I be concerned?

So last year for Father's Day my kids bought me a sm9 50 with the KBS lite shaft. The irons I was using had 90 gr shafts in them. Now I have splurged and bought me the T series after being fit for them. They have the amt black shafts in them. I go t200 5-6 and t150 7-pw. So the 50 is my gap. And...
  9. jnordwell

Putter fitting today

So today I had a full bag PXG fitting that I only wanted to work on top end of the bag and putter fitting. During the putter fitting found out that I do better with a line on the top vs the flange. Line on the flange my aim was about a cup right. Line.on top was left center.. does anyone else do...
  10. jnordwell

Battle of utility irons

Utility irons.. how do they stack up against each other.. mainly icrossover vs t200 utility. Looking at the 4 utility to take the place of the 4 iron..which I don't carry a 4 iron.
  11. jnordwell

Flat stick troubles any thoughts for drills??

Like I said flat stick has failed me far too often in the last few rounds.. for my 23 anniversary my wife bought me a bettinardi studio stock 7 love it how ever time will tell if it fits.. I pull and push putts. Think it's time to break out the mini giant to get back into better alignment..I...
  12. jnordwell

Wedge shafts?

So I just got fitted for t series 200/150 with the AMT black shafts. My 50 degree has the KBS lite shaft in it. My kids got it for me for Father's day. The AMT black PW should be 115ish.. so does a 25 hr shaft make a difference?? All my other wedges I have DG spinner shafts.. I'm kind of a guy...
  13. jnordwell

T150 or T200?

So I went to the local shop yesterday for a free Titleist day for the T irons. Got fitted into the specs looking at. Noticed the T200 had my stock fade swing.. but the T150 never went right either straight or draw. The fitter was shocked buly it. He said a combo set might make a huge...
  14. jnordwell

Changing putting grip time

How many change there grip and how often. I've tried the claw off and on.. but my putting is crap lately so I think I'm gonna dive in with left hand low.. use it for a handful of rounds before hunting season takes my free time from golf to chasing animals with my son.. so I just wonder how many...
  15. jnordwell

I always thoughts...

Over my 30 years of golf I started with given clubs like most. And when I was able to buy clubs I was on a shoe string budget.. So I only used mainly blade type putters.. Then in the last 10 years I was committed to mallets. You know more forgiving... But seems like lately the blade I have in...
  16. jnordwell

When my lead hip is sore I hook the ball why?

So I'm a 45 year old with some body issues due to car wrecks.. so last weekend I played well until the last 3 holes my lead hip started to feel half out.. and every shot that was a full swing was a flat hook.. 18 yards off center.. I'm normally a fader so I tend to aim down the left.. now with...
  17. jnordwell

2 utility irons?

Like the title.. is there anyone who carries 2 utility irons? I have a 7 wood which is solid however in the search for Lord knows what I picked up a 3 ping icrossover.. this thing is a rocket. Off the tee it's a solid 230 dead straight.. my 5 iron is 178-185.. my 7wood is 190's thinking of...
  18. jnordwell

Fairway gapping debate

Good afternoon so I like the fairways I have but am wondering if the gapping is well to close. I have rad speeds in 3,5 wood and epic 7wood. All have adjustable hosels. Hitting the 3wood with roll out is 220ish and a 5 wood is 210-215ish and my 7 wood is 190-205 ish. Thinking of lofting up the...
  19. jnordwell

Hybrid or wood?

Hope everyone is working well into there bags as of late March.. so like the title says fairway or hybrid?? I use to use hybrids well. Then started to draw hook them. So went the fairway route. I have 3,5,7 woods. That are adjustable and have them fairly set for gaps. I just need to learn to...
  20. jnordwell

Ping driver shaft options

Good morning I am hoping to get in a fitting soon but I was wondering about the ping shaft options. I've hit the kal ai white and was fitted for one in a cobra aerojet driver. I tend to pull hard on the handle and do swing average speed for a broken older man. Average 98-102 depending on how...
Back