Search results for query: *

1. jnordwell

Playing Too Fast??

I play fast as well. There is a 9 hole course sometimes I pre pay for the first tee time. And once it's light enough I play. They have no issues they have there money..
  2. jnordwell

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I have gone down this rabbit hole like so many. I really like the z star xv, pro v1x, but the last 3 rounds have played maxfli tour s and seems to do everything I am looking for. I have also played the tour x from maxfli.
  3. jnordwell

What did you shoot today?

On Friday me and 2 buddies went to play Chambers Bay. Had a old high school buddy caddie for me. Never have played there before. It was windy but perfect weather. Shot a 94. Not my best but considering the course and the wind. I will take it. Before the round I broke my 3 wood at the range. Hit...
  4. jnordwell

Official Ludvig Aberg thread

How I play fast and free
  5. jnordwell

I don't know if I can. But that is good title change
  6. jnordwell

So after the master who else thinks this young man has some real skills. I for one think he passes the beer test for me. I can see sharing a few beers with him. Like Shane Lowry. Down to earth guys. Anyone else thinking this way now?
  7. jnordwell

Will Tiger win again?

As much as I would love to see it I don't think it will happen. Sadly
  8. jnordwell

Any R10 users

I am on the fence on picking one of these up. I am a weekend hacker and will be looking for something to help with numbers and for possible indoor sim type of a device in a little aspects.. any good ? Bad? Ugly? Thank you
  9. jnordwell

Egg on Burger?

Hole.in the wall Ranch hand burgers Always have bacon,ham,and a egg on them. Greasy goodness
  10. jnordwell

Ballnamic: PING Ball Fitting?

I bought sleeves and played a handful of rounds playing multiple rounds to find the right ball that fit my eyes.
  11. jnordwell

What's your 2024 Shoe?

I have a few different pairs. Hyperflex and some spikeless Adidas
  12. jnordwell

Back surgery pros/cons/recovery

Here is my experience and thoughts for what they are worth. I have grade 1 spondylosis in my SI L5 joint. From a wreck. I went to MRI's and two surgery centers. One Dr wanted to schedule the surgery the next day. The other said I am too young for fusion surgery. I was 43 at the time. Once they...
  13. jnordwell

Balancing Parenthood and Golf

When my kids were little I gave up the game for a handful of years. Money was tight and those years a good to be apart of. Once they hit the double digits I started hitting the range from time to time and then started golfing. I like some others don't do a ton of practice type things. Around...
  14. jnordwell

Nebulous Question Alert: At what handicap is one considered a "good" golfer?

Well good to know Mr. Know it all.. lol I'm a 11.4 and I strive for 84-87. So figured a 10 would be below me..but hey I golf for fun not for tournaments
  15. jnordwell

Nebulous Question Alert: At what handicap is one considered a "good" golfer?

I voted 10 because in my mind a 10 and under should hardly ever see a score above 82. So in that thinking a person who shoots consistently in the 70's to low 80's is a good golfer
  16. jnordwell

Chambers Bay

So name says it all. Anyone play Chambers Bay? Any tips this one is on the list and finally I have a few buddies who are on the same page let's go play there without the talk of it's expensive or my game isn't good enough.. so what can I expect? Other then just a fun time with buddies and making...
  17. jnordwell

What did you shoot today?

On a great spring day in the PNW on a fun but not so easy course shot a 81 10 shots clear of any of my friends.. I am a normal 230-250 driver and normally play the whites. Buddy wanted to play blues he can hit the ball out to 300. On hole 9 he made a comment about how he lost his distance...
  18. jnordwell

Less Players is Better - Rory

Sounds like a guy looking to move to shotgun starts
  19. jnordwell

Do you Clean Your Clubs?

I clean them after every round. My buddies think I'm weird but I've spent good money on the perfect set and I owe it to my bank account to treat them well and make them look as good as the hit. It's like cleaning your dirt bike after a race or you boat after a long day of fish slaying, or after...
  20. jnordwell

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Picked up a near mint PXG gen 6 driver for 200$.
Back