Search results for query: *

1. uitar99

E-readers

Folks...I'm a Kobo user and read daily. I was pleasantly surprised a few years ago when an acquaintance gave me 10,000 e books. I wanted to get my wife a reader as a present. What is out there? What are you folks using? I've read that the Kobo is no longer a well made reader, (Mine has given me...
  2. uitar99

Staying cool In hot weather

Hi Folks. out golfing with the family yesterday, 31 degrees C, walking, and two of my playing partners were really struggling with the heat. The topic of cooling towels came up. Just wondering if a forumite might use them and had any brand/model suggestions. Thanks all.
  3. uitar99

Modern equivalent of Ping eye 2's

Bought myself a 5-w set of Ping eye two +'s last fall for $100. Love the feel. Been using them exclusively this year. I know nothing about modern Pings. Is there a current production equivalent of that club.? Thanks folks
  4. uitar99

Just back from Palm Desert

My brother in law got us a deal at the JW Marriot Villas in Palm Desert. Nobody wanted to drive much so we played Valley twice and Palm course 3 times. Even a resort track was a real treat to us. What a nice change. Two weeks before we had some -40 days with the windchill. The whole week was 25...
  5. uitar99

Golfwrx

I am also a member at golfwrx. Rec'd an email yesterday, and saw the same message when I tried logging in yesterday, that they have had issues and I need to sign in with a new password. Anyone else know about this.
  6. uitar99

Looking for ereader app info

Folks, I use an older Kobo e-reader. I have been purchasing through the reader via wi fi. An acquaintance has given me a thumb drive with hundreds and hundreds of ebooks I am a Mac user. I am attempting to move books to my kobo I have found instruction on doing this ...but...once connected...
  7. uitar99

Getting to the end of the year

This week's Monday Men's night was cold and raining. 33 of 110 guys turned out. Me and my walking mate trudged through the 9 holes, rain gear on. Had a blast. Farted and burped our way around and finished it off with a bevvie and chicken, bacon , cheese wrap special. Two more Mondays then we...
  8. uitar99

I discovered a new feel yesterday

I start my backswing with a slight forward press with my hands. Yesterday, for some unknown reason, during the forward press, I could feel myself shifting my weight slightly forward to my lead leg. It felt noticeable to me. Maybe I've always been doing it...but...once I started this new feel...
  9. uitar99

First day out this season

Played a local nine hole course twice yesterday. First nine, played with two friends and one of their grandfathers. He was 85. It was very pleasant. Great guys, lots of kibitzing with gramps, he putted lights out. Second nine, we were 4 singles. two of the guys were long hitters.One of who was...
  10. uitar99

Wilson Duo

If you are using these, golf town has them on for two boxes for $30.
  11. uitar99

Moving to orange balls

Playing yellow right now. Leaves are starting to change and found it difficult to find mine yesterday. Time to move to the orange, spring and fall colour
  12. uitar99

Suggestions for activities after retirement

Been working full time for financial industry for 44 years. Gonna retire next year and wondering about activities in the winter (I live in the snow belt) Folks I've talked to suggest winter in retirement can get housebound. I read, I write, I can walk, go to the range couple times a week...
  13. uitar99

"fixing" a golf swing

Listening to Doniger and Shear last night on The Golfers Edge, talking about changing a golf swing. Shear made the comment it should only be changed because of poor ball flight or if it causes injury. Denier suggested we should stop taking video of ourselves and then try and change something...
  14. uitar99

Joined my first mens league

Starts May 7-Just got my initial email. Modified stableford scoring-gotta read up on that local courses haven't opened yet, to much snow. the extra nights will make up for lost late march/april rounds. My wife has done the same. Should translate to 60 or 70 outings each this year, counting...
  15. uitar99

What method do you use to record FIR, GIR, etc

I still use pencil and paper scorecard. Not comfortable using an app while golfing. Trying to track some of my shots off the tee, where the ball ended up. FIR GIR or where I miss on approach shots etc Could someone point me towards a common or standard method folks might use
  16. uitar99

Ball spin question

Folks, I probably should know this answer...but....yesterday tried some Wilson staff duo balls (non urethane). I am a lefty and do have a fade bias but noticed that on approach shots where I surprisingly was hitting a few greens, the ball spun like crazy left, after hitting the green, despite...
  17. uitar99

Golf club age

Folks. I bought used golf clubs in 1980. They were old then. I only have one left. I keep it outdoors all year and use it to pitch wiffle balls in the back yard. Just wondering how to age it. On the back of the club it's marked: Spalding MRO-Flight (first letter is a guess) Pat'd Nov. 29/27 AG...
Back