Search results for query: *

1. The Milk Man

Slow Play Penalty cost player match

Carlota Ciganda was given a slow play penalty on the 18th hole in the LPGA match play tournmanet. Which ultimately lead to her losing the match. Good on the LPGA and maybe after seeing this more players will start to speed up...
  2. The Milk Man

Could this be your dream job Augusta National is Hiring

While perusing Linkedin today. I stumbled across this job post for Augusta National - https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2010890877/?alternateChannel=search&refId=83717f10-4b02-4efd-8847-493573149325&trackingId=%2FX%2FWnriEBJ5XQvDBP17ZSw%3D%3D Outside of my area of expertise but I am sure would...
  3. The Milk Man

Rahm posting his scores to GHIN like us mere mortals

Rahm and many of the pro's that play out of Whisper Rock keep a GHIN. Cool to see Rahm had posted his rounds from the Memorial.
  4. The Milk Man

Is Collin Morikawa proof that putting is overrated?

In his first 23 events on tour Morikawa has 2 wins (Reno-Tahoe and Workday), 2 runner ups (3M and Charles Schwab), and made the cut in 22 of 23 events. All this success has come while being one of the best ball strikers (if not the best) and one of the worst putters on tour. In looking at his...
  5. The Milk Man

WITB - The Milk Man

Setup to end 2019 and start 2020, new additions for 2020 are Titleist 620 MB. I don't anticipate many changes for 2020. Only changes I can foresee would be a new driver and SM8 60° K grind. Driver TaylorMade M5 9° Shaft Hzrdus Black 75g 6.5 3 wood TaylorMade M1 15° Shaft GD Tour AD-BB 80x -...
  6. The Milk Man

GC Quad? - wonkey spin#'s

Went to a new indoor studio tonight to hit balls and was given a bay with a GC Quad. This was my first time hitting balls while using a GC Quad. Overall I didn't have the best experience. My spin numbers were just flat wonkey. With the exception of driver they were way off. I hit 25 LW and 23...
  7. The Milk Man

Home Course hole by hole all time score

Early this year a friend and I sat around the club house figuring our all time best score. By taking the best score of off each hole. My score was 42 (-30) with 12 eagles and 6 birdies. By the time we were done nearly everybody in the clubhouse had figured out their best. What say you THP what...
  8. The Milk Man

Walker Cup

The 46 the Walker Cup starts today at LA Country Club. Besides the chance to see many of the games future stars. It also provides the first look at the 2023 US Open venue. FS1 has six hours of coverage in two blocks 12pm to 3pm and 6pm to 9pm EST. Team matches in the early block and Singles in...
  9. The Milk Man

The US Am

The US Am started today with two days of stroke play from Bel Air CC and Riviera CC. The top 64 advance to match play starting Wednesday; all match play rounds are played at Riviera CC. Live coverage starts Wednesday: streaming at usga.org and TV on FS1. Weekend coverage moves to Fox I believe...
  10. The Milk Man

Jumping in the deep end - US Mid AM qualifier 8-30-17

It has been at least 10 years since I have tried to compete at the national or state am level. After going back and forth on whether I should try again. I decided to take the plunge and enter the US Mid Am. Qualifying round is 8-30-17 at Heritage Club in Mason OH. I have never played the...
  11. The Milk Man

Bones to be on course reporter for TGC

Bones (Phil's former caddie) is going to work for TGC starting with the British Open. I think this is a great move. It will be great to hear his perspective as someone who has been on the bag for loads of big events. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  12. The Milk Man

Unique name for Golf Balls

I have been known to call golf balls pellets, nuggets, rocks, marshmallows, pills, and white spherical objects of joy and frustration. What other unique names have you heard for golf balls or am I just off my rocker and the only one doing this.
  13. The Milk Man

Bryan Bros Vlog

Didn't see anything on this but George Bryan is doing a vlog on youtube. 4 episodes are out so far. I found it pretty entertaining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s96UZ0yObgs&list=PLpgou0ZTwoQzZx3jdL1gDYm8lHQl6Xbvd
  14. The Milk Man

How many times do you hit driver in 18 holes?

I hit driver on every hole possible and hate hitting anything else off the tee. Most everyone I play with hits driver on every hole as well. The more I read some of the different threads it seems we are a rare bunch. Much of the advice given is to take less than driver off the tee. Several have...
  15. The Milk Man

Putt to win

You have a 6 to 7 foot putt to win an event that you have circled as the biggest event of the year. Would you rather have a uphill or downhill putt. I would prefer a downhill putt. In pressure situations where I have to make the putt. I think the downhill put is easier to make. The speed...
  16. The Milk Man

Left to right or right to left what putt do you prefer

At some point in a round of golf. We all face a tester of a putt. I myself have always preferred slice putts (right to left for me) in tough situations. Conventional wisdom seems to say that players prefer hook putts, but for some reason the slice putt appeals to my eye. If your faced with a...
  17. The Milk Man

What games do you play on regular basis

Most everyone I know gambles at golf in some form. I play in a $10 scratch skins game that gets between 30 and 45 guys. Besides the skins my normal group plays umbriago, skins prove it, nassau with auto press at 2 down, and a points game. We also have a 2 club where if you make a 2 everyone in...
  18. The Milk Man

Stephen Jager shots 58 on Web.Com

Stephen Jaeger shot a 58 (29-29) in the first round of the web.com stop today. His -12 total gives him a 4 shot lead going into the 2nd round. Just goes to show how many great players are out there. 58 is a total most scramble teams are happy with.
  19. The Milk Man

Golf Stats - Putts, GIR, Fairways, etc - What do you track?

I got asked in another thread. If I calculate strokes gained putting. This made me realize that I don't track any golf stats. Typically the only thing I care about is the score. I may add up number of putts after the round. If I had a particularly bad day putting, otherwise nothing. If you...
  20. The Milk Man

Does low round = best round?

Often when people talk about there best round. They equate it to there lowest scoring round. For me I don't think the two are synonymous. My home course used to have a $20 a man no handicap skins game. That would get 40 or more players. Typically the course was set up as tough as possible...
Back