Search results for query: *

1. darthweasel

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

one of my favorite birdies ever was on 8 at a retirement course called King city, hole #8. Driver was a massive pull left...how far left you ask? Over the rough, over the road, bounces off the roof of the apartments...back onto the road, hits cart path, and ends up pin high just off the...
  2. darthweasel

Playing Too Fast??

I have likely told this on here before but we had the same things...twice. Playing Heron Lakes Great Blue. starter shack sits between 9 and 10 just off hole one. Wait for green to clear, they walk up hill to carts, I pull my wedge, yell "fore", almost hit the guys in the cart. Dude comes out of...
  3. darthweasel

Darthweasel Golf Goals

Had a rare opportunity Saturday. Matched up with a random pair and a random single. Dude is playing the back tees at 6800...and watching him play it made sense. Turns out he is 9-time club champ, plays in a lot of Senior PGA sectionals, etc. As the better half is out of town, got there a...
  4. darthweasel

Playing Too Fast??

he was playing solo in cart, was going to catch the maintenance so they asked him to slow down.
  5. darthweasel

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

2 or 3 years ago, playing off a 16 I went three birdies in a row. The first was an unlikely chip-in. The second was a lengthy putt. The third was a par 3 I landed on green and made the putt. The hole before the run was an 8 and the last hole after was something like a double or triple on...
  6. darthweasel

Darthweasel Golf Goals

been a bit as life got in the way. Last night had plans to play but life got in way so was late enough getting there late enough just chose to practice. Started on the putting green as everywhere else was packed. Glad to say even after a few days off my pace is on point so no worries there my...
  7. darthweasel

Did I begin to break through today??

that practice area looks sweet!
  8. darthweasel

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

part of the issue is it is almost impossible to know what someone is working on. For example, one thing I am currently working on is clubface control. And inspired by a Padraig Harrington video, I am going to extremes. So you might see me nearly clear the fence extreme left of the driving range...
  9. darthweasel

Darthweasel Golf Goals

Well, after the tournament I was traveling so did not touch a club for a few days. When I did, so much had changed... went to the range. Nobody on the "private" chipping green so I spent about an hour working from different lies and conditions to 4 different flags. Tight lies, ball in a divot...
  10. darthweasel

Darthweasel Golf Goals

a couple things not mentioned in the post...but also, our thoughts on golf just don't mesh. But things like fudging drops/claiming things inaccurate don't help, strongly along with the things he lets affect him on the course
  11. darthweasel

Darthweasel Golf Goals

okay back from the tournament. It was another reminder golfers are, by and large, the most mentally weak athletes on the planet. I once had hit my drive on 18 304. It was a titan. As I was in my backswing for my approach shot, I saw the ball of the guys behind us flying in. Heard it land as I...
  12. darthweasel

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

have enjoyed reading the responses and, while I have no dog in the following fight, I do believe it is an important point: when the handicap system was moved towards unification under the World System, the ending of posting scores was done against the wishes of the USGA but done to fit in with...
  13. darthweasel

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

Okay, this one risks going down a dark rabbit hole but... Part of the nature of how I golf leads to an unfortunate number of solo rounds. I enjoy them...whenever I remember my earbuds I throw them in, thrown on some music I like and off I go. Whenever possible I try to match up with others but...
  14. darthweasel

Darthweasel Golf Goals

So the last couple of nights have been pretty positive. Fat shots are few and far between. Chipping has been a much tighter dispersion, my putting touch is back and I have drained several mid to long range efforts without adding a commensurate short miss. So maintaining the eye point 2" past...
  15. darthweasel

Really random: which pocket?

I will presume you also don't hold your finish after a shot which is something any number of instructors recommend and for similar reasons. I absolutely want to ingrain the feel after a solid shot. Current brain research has strongly indicated it has long term positive impacts on learning and...
  16. darthweasel

Really random: which pocket?

I have experimented both ways and find I have a better connection and touch when chipping and putting both. So much so that I practiced with glove and then without for quote some time and tracked the results...it may or may not be psychosomatic but the numbers were undeniable. I average closer...
  17. darthweasel

Lou Stagner is a good follow

I am definitely one of those people who is grabbing putter whenever possible...I will putt from a good 15-20 yards into the fairway on occasion. Last night dropped one in for the unlikely birdie from the deep fringe, had a couple other up and downs...putters rule.
  18. darthweasel

makes sense to me. I know at one point I leaned into the "Rule of 12" and it worked for a while...and then it didn't. Went to using a 50 for everything and for a while it worked well but then started repeatedly being in a place where that meant landing it on the fringe. Mis-hit that about twice...
  19. darthweasel

Shot my best round ever this morning.

likely depends on the differential. It is the best feeling when you get the "the score posted is outside the expected range for this golfer" warning...well done
  20. darthweasel

so had a podcast or something on in the background and Stagner made a fascinating observation. With low...like scratch..golfers, the golfers who tend to have the best short game stats use a variety of clubs around the green...those who use one club tend to be statistically worse. He then went...
Back