Search results for query: *

1. Petroguy

Free standing putter racks/displays

So with my recent foray into customized putters I can feel a sudden urge to have something to proudly display my new one and the small collection that I already had. I am considering using my meager woodworking skills to make one myself. If it doesn't go as planned I have my eye on a couple of...
  2. Petroguy

Luck of the Irish...finally.

So as I said after winning the Cleveland CG15's contest thanks to Cleveland and THP, I have never won much of anything. Lately has made up for it. I just was notified by Blind 9 that I won, get this, a CG15 wedge! That makes a GPP gift certificate, the three CG15's through THP and the single...
  3. Petroguy

A lesson learned with my credit card

Just thought I would share a quick story that might waken someone else up like it has me. I am part of a membership at a local golf driving range near me and have always enjoyed it. Each month, they run my credit card number, which they keep on file, for the amount of my dues. Well about...
  4. Petroguy

Asking for opinions on a custom putter

I seem to be suffering from paralysis by analysis now and could use some help. I have searched and read about every custom maker that I have come across and have a few finalists in mind. I am looking for either an 8802 style or a classic mid mallet (ala Cleveland #2). I was wondering if any...
  5. Petroguy

Twitter buzzing some about a possible Titleist sale announcement...

Apparently Titleist is rumored to be making an announcement tomorrow concerning the future of the company. Anyone hear any of this?
  6. Petroguy

Any experience with golf haters? I guess they're out there.

I was in the car this morning sitting at a stop light when a SUV stopped next to me. Someone had taken shoe polish and written in big letters. "GOLF IS NOT A SPORT." I was taken aback and pulled forward to investigate the driver. It was a clean cut male in his mid twenties. He looked at me...
  7. Petroguy

Yes! Change of Ownership

Yes! Website I don't think this has been discussed, and as a avid Yes! fan (I think we are a dying breed), I was kind of surprised to see that they are in a "potential change of ownership" according to their website. I thought the whole Furyk win and the story behind it would have sparked sales...
  8. Petroguy

Oil on vintage/non-finished clubs like the Callaway Jaws wedges?

I have noticed that some companies recommend occasionally applying a light amount of oil to these finishes to prevent rust I assume? I know the new Cleveland Classic Black Putter series, which I have been contemplating some, includes a cloth that has oil on it. Should this be something I...
  9. Petroguy

A "flier" or "flyer"? Your definition and help with a "blow up hole."

A "flier" or "flyer"? Your definition and help with a "blow up hole." I was always under the impression that a flier was a phenomenon that occurred when a ball, when struck from the rough, leaves with little back spin which causes it to scream across the green after it hits. I am wondering if...
  10. Petroguy

Golf's funniest commercials (w/ link)

This brightened my morning. Hopefully some of you will enjoy them too. Golf Digest's Funniest Golf Videos One of my favs is the Fed Ex cup commercial where the backdrop falls and the guy starts beating the camera with a club.
  11. Petroguy

COD Black Ops review/meetups (Xbox)?

Just in case there are other folks out there who refuse to grow up and like myself, enjoy a little COD, I thought this might be a good place to either talk about it or meet up and play some online. I know, it ain't golf, but hey, a man can have more than one vice right!? RIGHT!? The UPS...
  12. Petroguy

Suggestions for Florida golf (Ft. Myers &/or Orlando)...

My wife, myself and our two year old son are taking a trip down to Florida to see some family and just get a away. I will play at least a couple of rounds of golf in the week or so we will be gone. I would love some input on courses, practice facilities and/or unique golf stores that I could...
  13. Petroguy

New Z Star pricing?

As much as everyone around here stays up on press releases and new company info, I would seriously doubt that I am bringing anything to the table that you didn't know already, but: Has anyone heard that Srixon is lowering the price of the Z Star ball? I don't know how reliable my source is...
  14. Petroguy

Simulator Golf...

So I am intrigued by this. I was in a self imposed "Golf Coma" for about six or seven years. During this time I missed some pretty cool tech and golf developments that have moved into the mainstream. One of these is the Golf Simulator. I was just wondering if any of you would care to share...
  15. Petroguy

St. Louis Area...

Is there any THP members around the St. Louis area? Just thought I would get a roll call of sorts.
  16. Petroguy

Your favorite club and why?

It could be a club with sentimental value or it could be one that you have the most confidence in. Which club would it be and why? I thought this might spark some good stories. Mine? My Yes Nicky putter. It has single handedly turned putting from something I dreaded into my favorite part of...
  17. Petroguy

FNG checkin' in from MO...

Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I have lurked here for a while and really enjoyed the insights, opinions and community. I decided to join up and here I am. I'm 34 going on 15. I have been playing golf since I was 14 years old with the exception of a self imposed break...
Back