4. Big Sky77

Swing help

5. Big Sky77

Swing help

6. Big Sky77

Swing help

7. Big Sky77

Swing help

Hitting it relatively straight and consistent, if I can get to a 25 yard dispersion I would be happy
  8. Big Sky77

Let's talk about swing speed.

Do people tend to find their 7 iron is 12-15 MPH slower than their driver speed, at least that's a "general" number I heard should be different?
  9. Big Sky77

One tip to increase swing speed

I agree with the balance part, if I try to swing out of my shoes I almost never "nail" it and end up just grunting and looking really "cool" for no reason :LOL:. For me to find the extra MPH I have to purposely go back further with more shoulder turn (slowly) then uncoil and the speed comes.
  10. Big Sky77

I feel like a lot of people say and I get what they mean, keeping loose and smooth, and often slow down the backswing to make sure you get a good shoulder turn etc. But there is still a point if I'm trying to give it some extra speed I have to deliberately focus on giving "swinging harder" at a...
  11. Big Sky77

Clubs in the Bag

Nice, I need to consider a 5H most likely or a 6 Iron, the gap between my 7 Iron and 4H is 35 yards or so
  12. Big Sky77

Clubs in the Bag

Interesting, whats the difference in your yardages between your 4W, 4H and 4 U?
  13. Big Sky77

Clubs in the Bag

Driver 3 Wood 3 Hybrid 4 Hybrid 7 -AW 52 wedge 60 Wedge How does that compare to other high handicappers?
  14. Big Sky77

Show Us Your Swing

roast away
  15. Big Sky77

I’m somewhat befuddled by my driver distance

I have a friend who is similar, his 7 iron is 175 yards or so but driver is 230 (carry distances). Just looking at his numbers his 7 iron is 90 mph CHS and driver is around 105 MPH. Watching him he doesn't take the club back much further, he's consistent and a good player, but honestly just...
  16. Big Sky77

Not always, for me I can kick my clubhead speed up around 10% at my max CHS, but almost never hit the ball as well and tend to get way more spin and thus a much lower Smash Factor and generally lose yards see my videos above. If you are decent to good golfer your 10% rule is more likely correct...
  17. Big Sky77

Shaft Length for a Driver

Mine is similar, being 6'4" I just find it easier to hit.
  18. Big Sky77

Take TRT and switch to a 48" driver?
  19. Big Sky77

How do you gauge a “3/4” shot?

I'm very raw and not a great golfer but I would think it depends on what you mean by 3/4 swing. Do you hit 100 yards full and want to hit it 75 yards, or more 3/4 of a full swing and the outcome is closer to 85-90 yards? My point is it seems to kind of depend on your acceleration. In my...
  20. Big Sky77

Back