Search results for query: *

1. rbarthle17

Can Courses Handle the Golfer Influx Long-term?

Must be a regional thing. Practically every course around me had available tee times all day long except for the most prime times. Never a problem getting on and I was wondering if some of these courses were going to be in trouble. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. rbarthle17

Closest golf course to you...

Now that I think about it, technically my sim is the closest to me, and probably 70% of the golf I play in a calendar year is done there so... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. rbarthle17

Pro tournament venues you’ve played

TPC Avenel back in the 90s, and used to be a meme we at Highland Meadows GC where the LPGA Marathon Classic is played. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. rbarthle17

I have lived on two golf courses and I can tell you the thing you want to look at is where the house is located on the golf course. We had one that was located behind the 18th green but far enough away that we never got any issues. We had another that was located down the fairway of a long par...
  5. rbarthle17

Maple Grove GC. It's 2 miles from me. It's a really short course, tips out under 6000, but most holes are tree lined and fairly tight. It's kept in decent shape. It also has a 9 hole par 3 course that perfect for taking my kids out during the week, so I'll be getting a family membership there...
  6. rbarthle17

Should have played my tee box

I've gone to deciding tee boxes by looking at the par 4s. I want most of them to be of length where an average tee shot will leave me no more than 170 in to the pin. Whatever the par 3s and 5s are, that's fine. I'm just not interested in a bunch of 420+ par 4s for the day. Sent from my iPhone...
  7. rbarthle17

Michigan hackers, check in here

So is this thread basically dead now? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. rbarthle17

I have a gc2 and the golf club 2019 simulator version in my office. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. rbarthle17

Headcover On Your Putter

I still have my THP cheeseburger cover on.
  10. rbarthle17

Walking vs riding

I enjoy walking, but I have physical limitations in terms of dehydration that prevent me from doing so on anything really above 70 degrees. Doesn't matter how well I hydrate, I had to get IV bags the last 2 times I tried walking in heat. I did have access to a golf board this year, and that was...
  11. rbarthle17

I don't know if anyone plays The Golf Club 2019, but someone did a course recreation of Arcadia Bluffs, supposedly using LIDAR data to map it. I'm going to give it a go on my sim soon, but wondering if anyone that has played it could compare.
  12. rbarthle17

Hello again

Golf hasn't been the same without you guys and gals in it. So I thought I'd fix that! Hope all is well with everyone.
  13. rbarthle17

Hey everyone! Thought I'd rejoin here. Golf hasn't been the same without you guys in it. Hope all is well!
  14. rbarthle17

fairway divots

There has been plenty of talk on here about fairway divots. I agree with the idea that free relief should be gotten from them, as they are man made. But one thing I do wonder is how often would a change to this rule actually help us? How often do people find themselves in a fairway divot...
  15. rbarthle17

FS: SkyTrak personal launch monitor

I am selling my SkyTrak launch monitor that I have owned for over 1 1/2 years. This unit is in GREAT condition. Included with the bundle is the following: SkyTrak Unit USB cable Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) shield (protects from shanks and rebounds!) - $100 value Selling price is...
  16. rbarthle17

What came first, Ace or Eagle?

Curiosity poll here. I have had neither, but have come closer to an ace than to an eagle.
  17. rbarthle17

VR Golf

The folks who run The Golf Club have introduced Virtual Reality golfing! I have never used a VR system before but watching this video what they have done is pretty amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpayX-0S84w
  18. rbarthle17

Tech vs. fittings

Anyone following along in the Grandaddy thread has seen a common theme, Team THP is killing it with the secret 2017 Callaway drivers they got. But they also got professionally fit from a world class fitting group and the ECPC. The question is, how would you allocate the percentage for each of...
  19. rbarthle17

How often do missed fairways end up as a GIR?

My tee game is a well documented disaster. I'll go entire rounds without a FIR some times. Even backing down clubs doesn't help many times. Because most courses I play are tree lined, I end up losing any real shot at having a birdie putt. I would guess that if even 5% of my missed fairways ended...
  20. rbarthle17

#THPCallOut - Grins, come out and get your whoopin!

It's on like Donkey Kong! Jeff and I have played a couple of times in the past, including as part of competing twosomes in the 2013 MI/OH Shootout. Now it's time to take this solo! Date and Location: This will happen in one of the three rounds of the April 30/May 1 NE Ohio outing. Info on that...
Back