Search results for query: *

1. B

My game needs a reset button

10 days ago I had my best score of the year--six over par 78 on a challenging golf course. Played 3 times this week and haven't broken 90 ! My short game from 100 yards and in has divorced me. Arrrrgh ! I'm headed to the course to work on chipping and putting. How do you mentally refocus and...
  2. B

Cost of Senior Public golf in your area?

Here in Nashville our cost just increased slightly but is what I consider to be very reasonable. Metro Nashville municipal courses charge an annual membership fee of $400, then a per round surcharge of $10 to walk 18 or $22 with cart to ride 18. How does that compare to public golf in your area?
  3. B

what keeps your pushcart from getting grass clippings all in the car?

I drive a small SUV and am constantly having to vacuum the grass clippings. How do you keep this from happening? Storage container or some other method?
  4. B

Best knee brace for golf? torn meniscus

So I'm hobbling about on a torn meniscus on my leading leg. Rest, ice, and meds for now. per my doctor. Anyone else dealt with this type of injury? I've looked on line to try and determine the best knee brace for golf but I'm only getting more confused. Knee brace advice needed please...
  5. B

Your first new set of clubs

I'm going to go back in time to the first brand new set of clubs that I had--not used or hand me downs. It was around 1980. Powerbilt Citation irons, Wilson R90 sand wedge, and Powerbilt Citation persimmon woods featuring the brass back weights. Acushnet blade putter. Titleist 384 tours or...
  6. B

Your quickest 18 holes?

Yesterday the forecast was for rain and wind with temps in the 60's. I checked the radar and it looked like I had time to squeeze in a round before the weather got here. Evidently everyone stayed away yesterday because of the forecast. When I teed off on #1, there were groups on 10 and 11 but...
  7. B

Another thumbs up for Callaway customer service!!!

I had an issue with my recently purchased Big Bertha driver. I contacted Callaway to find out what my options were. Turns out Callaway is sending a replacement to me at no charge. Once it arrives they want me to ship my original club back to complete the exchange-- no muss , no fuss Just...
  8. B

Your best "composite" score

I was bored at work and thinking about golf the other day--imagine that! Anyway I started recalling the best score that I ever had on each hole at my home course, then added them all up for a composite score. Our course is a par 71 and my composite score was 46! 6 eagles, 1 ace, and 11 birdies...
  9. B

New member from Ole Miss

New member from Mississippi here. Been lurking a long time --I really enjoy the site and learn a lot here.
Back