Search results for query: *

1. M

How many of these did you play

Tons of spin but I cut one with a 3 wood. Not durable at all. After a few holes it would be visibly out of round!
  2. M

Burning Questions: Callaway Rogue X Irons

I also found them far less chunky than my ping g15
  3. M

Burning Questions: Callaway Rogue X Irons

I have played rogue x the last two seasons. I’ve actually had the best iron play in years. I also like my 5 being my lowest lofted club which allows me to put some specific style wedges in for improved scoring. I just want to know the number on the club in relation to the distance. More...
  4. M

Highest spinning ball (from the tee box) you've ever played or seen?

I would have to say the maxfli ddh in the eighties. Incredible spin but you could put a smile on that soft cover with a fairway wood!
  5. M

What's the first golf ball you played?

Started playing in 1980. Most balls were found in the woods searching for what I hit in there. Top flites, pinnacles, prostaffs, maxflis, and a few titleist. In 82 I joined the high school team and the coach bought us each a dozen tourney mt’s.
  6. M

Brands that have “lost” you?

Spaulding top flite is a brand I miss. Had the tour irons and intimidator woods in the late 90’s. That were very good. The strata ball was also good. The newer top flite stuff just disappoints.
  7. M

Describe Your Last Birdie

Hit a beautiful gap wedge on an elevated par 3 island hole to about 3 ft. Had the 110 yards perfect just a little left. Easy flat put for birdie. Played the hole much worse many times!
  8. M

What influences your club/gear purchase decisions most?

Since I found callaway pre owned I’ve purchased most of my bag through them. So easy to work with and if it’s not what you like after trying it you can exchange for something else without being out a bunch of money. Got some baseline numbers from our local dicks sporting goods then found my...
  9. M

How Many Decades?

Started in the early eighties. Played high school golf 82-85. Pretty much stopped regular play from 03-20 while kids were growing up and playing different sports. Back into it the last 2 seasons. Got my league handicap back down to 5 in the last month. Feeling pretty good about that after...
  10. M

What is your state's best golf area/region?

You ever get to Jackson or Kalamazoo? Both have decent opportunities and are much more affordable than traverse city or Gaylord courses. Cascades, the grande, Milham park are some of my favorites.
  11. M

Your wildest shot that you can recall?

last hole of the round. A par 5 that has a road on the right. Has a small hill on the road. I tee off a big slice. Just as I hit a car popped up over the hill coming towards us. My Ball short hops off the road and catches the car straight into the bumper. Richoceted straight out into the...
  12. M

Best tan

Just a random thought as those 3 seem to have great tans but aren’t playing up to their previous high level.
  13. M

Best tan

Who do you think has the best tan? Lexie, Ricky, brooks, or other? Is it from the golf course or time around the pool when they could be working on their game?
  14. M

Brands No Longer With Us?

Loved those woods. I had driver , 3, 5, and 7 woods. All my buddies kept trying to steal the 3 wood intimidator head cover behind dale earnhardt fans. I remember coming across them at sams club for $39 while goldsmith had them at $299. Hit one out of a fairway bunker in the late evening and...
  15. M

Michigan hackers, check in here

The lynx is a nice course. Can’t beat it at that price. Been a few years since I played it but has a little n. Michigan course feel with some elevation changes.
  16. M

What was the first set you played with when you first started golf?

Mix and match northwesterns and Wilson’s thru high school. With my graduation money I bought a complete set of Dunlop maxflis. Sure miss having to take my woods in each off season to have the string rewrapped each year!
  17. M

TM Stealth iron lofts

I think the club makers like to sell more special wedges on top off there stock set of irons!
  18. M

Ever play with someone who is way out of your league

In high school I played in a conference with two of the best schools in Michigan. I remember playing a tournament against Jackson county western. There 1-2 shot 65 and 66 while our 1 shot 78 and I shot 83. It was unreal to witness.
  19. M

Fiercely Loyal to a Golf Ball

I’ve been playing titleist dt solo yellow since a day about 5 years ago I was strolling down the clearance aisle at Walmart and they had 10 dozen for $5 each. I bought all of them. Sold 3 dozen to some friends for$15 each. Had 7 dozen left for $5 into them. Wasn’t crazy about playing a yellow...
Back