Search results for query: *

1. the4hornes

Black Widow grips

Have any of you THPers tried Black Widow grips? How is their feel, durability, and gripping power with sweaty hands? GolfSmith has blemished Tour Silks and Signature II for 97cents. I am thinking about trying some. Mark
  2. the4hornes

Congratulations mightyquinn!!!!!!

​Let's see how many congratulatory posts we can give mightyquinn. I played with Andy today and he aced the 146 yard par 3 at Lakewood Country Club in Salemburg, NC. Congratulations Andy, the mightyquinn.:clapp::clapp::clapp:
  3. the4hornes

Camera setup position

What is the best way to position a camera to video your swing? For down the line should it be lined up with your feet, the ball, or in between? Should the height be waist high, chest high, etc...? I appear to be slightly across the line at the top, but I don't know if I have the camera out of...
  4. the4hornes

Handmade camera/laser mount for pushcarts

I saw a post on another forum from a guy that was wanting a way to mount a camera to his pushcart. I posted some pics of the laser mount that I made for my Bagboy push cart. I lurk a lot here on THP, and have seen your Hole of the Day videos, and I thought that some of you guys may like to make...
  5. the4hornes

Help me win

Help me win some PURE Grips from KBS by going to KBSshafts facebook page http://www.facebook.com/KBSshafts and "like" the pic of my Wishon 560ms's with KBS C-Taper shafts - OR- post your own pic and get as many "likes" as you can for a shot at winning some PURE Grips. "Thank's fellow THPer's...
  6. the4hornes

Wind shirts

I like wearing wind shirts while playing in cold weather. Who makes the warmest feeling wind shirts that aren't expensive?
  7. the4hornes

Cold weather golf balls

Normally I play the same ball in the winter time that I do in the summer -Bridgestone B330s. This year i'm thinking about going with a softer ball when it starts getting cold. What would you guys recommend?
  8. the4hornes

Component putters

I'm looking for suggestions for a component putter, preferably a blade type. I like Wishon, Maltby, and Golfsmith components, but would consider another manufacturer. Thanks!
  9. the4hornes

Frogger BrushPro

I just made some forged irons and I need a brush that won't scratch them. Is the Frogger Brush worth the money? They are a little expensive for me - unless they are high quality and will hold up for years of use. Any other brushes that you would recommend for forged irons?
  10. the4hornes

Help me pick a shaft from my pile

I'm thinking about making a shaft change in my driver. I'm currently playing a Aldila NVS 75gm R flex that was tip trimmed an extra 1.5 inches. I tip trimmed it to lower the launch angle a little. I've got the following shafts laying around: 1. Wishon InterFlexx Mid/Low launch R flex 2...
  11. the4hornes

GMac/Tiger at Chevron picture

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of Graeme McDowell staring down tiger/stevie after making the putt on 18 at the 2010 Chevron World Challenge? I've seen it on a commercial on TV, but I can't find the pic on the web. Thanks.
  12. the4hornes

I need a bag.

I'm in the market for a new bag and have my eye on the Ping Pioneer, Ping Traverse, and the Titleist lightweight cart bag. I ride most of the time, but also use a push cart occasionally. I'd like something that is not too big, has 14 way dividers, a cooler pocket big enough to hold a couple of...
  13. the4hornes

Bridgestone ball fitting

Has anyone had a ball fitting session and made the switch based on the recommendation from the fitting session? Bridgestone was at my course Saturday and they recommend the B330-S for me. I normally use a proV1. I think I'll give the B330-S a try. I need all the help I can get. I think the...
  14. the4hornes

Soft stepping question -wedges

I want to install KBS C-taper (stiff flex) shafts into some Wishon 560mc irons. I plan to soft step them. Install the 3 iron shaft into a 4 iron head. 4 iron shaft into a 5 iron heard, and so on. My question is, how do I install the shafts when I get to the PW and GW. The 8iron shaft will go...
  15. the4hornes

Shafting Beads

How much shafting beads should I mix with the epoxy to assemble one club. I am installing a 355 taper tip shaft into a 370 head with a brass shim. The size of the end of a pencil eraser, end of a AA battery, dime size, etc...? I normally mix just enough epoxy to assemble the club with a small...
  16. the4hornes

Bending irons

Do any of you DIY guys have any ideas on what I can use to clamp my irons hosel in a vise and adjust the lie as in this video from PING? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UYZg49qi5o I would think a rubber shaft clamp would be too soft to hold the hosel properly. Thanks!
  17. the4hornes

Reader from NC

I've been reading THP for a couple of years. I finally decided to check in. I'm from Fayetteville, NC and I like playing and tinkering with clubs. Wishon is my favorite club. I bought a Wishon 919THI driver and got hooked on the brand due to the performance and quality. I am currently eyeing...
Back