Search results for query: *

1. dAS0

The Goal of a Better Tee Game

Also known as my drive to drive better. I have struggled throughout my golf career with the driver, from a huge slice growing up to a 2 way miss currently. When ever I think I have smoothed things out, old habits and complete 'wtf' moments pop up and I don't know where to start correcting...
  2. dAS0

Heading to Inness Soon

A friend recommended that I check out Inness up in Accord, New York. It opened in 2021 and is only an hour and change south of where I grew up. It is only 9 holes but looks incredible and the facilities, top notch! The course was designed by the same architect, King Collins, as Sweeten's Cove...
  3. dAS0

Things you have hit with a golf ball

In response to the ports-potty thread, let’s hear about the not-so-common objects and materials that allegedly got in the way of your shot. I will start with a metal silo and Power lines. I am sure a few people have hit power lines…a very cool sound is made, but a metal silo disappointed with a...
  4. dAS0

Help Deciding Which Club to Upgrade

This is short notice and I think I know which direction I am going in, but it is golf so why not post it here? I have a club fitting tomorrow and was planning to update my 3 wood which I bought used 8 years ago. I struggled a lot with longer clubs but through lessons and practice, I am making...
  5. dAS0

Halloween Havoc/Greenskeeper's Revenge Tournaments

I have played in a few over the years and really enjoy them, from the leaf blowers aimed at holes, to the pins located off the greens. For those that have played in these tournaments, what were some of your favorite obstacles? What would you wish to see at these events?
  6. dAS0

Halloween Havoc/Greenskeeper's Revenge

It's that time of year where a few local courses put on tournaments with a few twists. My team has won the costume contest a few times, playing as Care Bears, Power Rangers, and the Flintstones: But the true fun are the obstacles. Over the years we have faced simple things like a hose on...
  7. dAS0

For Sale Footjoy Pro SL BOA Golf Shoes (13w)

FJ Pro SL BOA golf shoes size 13 wide Color: Black The BOA system is a great option to keep golf shoes secure and stable. Give them a try! $60 shipped for Albatross Club members $60 + Shipping non-members Con US only (Paypal or Venmo)
  8. dAS0

For Sale Nike Lunar Control 3 Golf Shoes (9.5)

Lightly used Nike golf shoes size 9.5 Color: White/ fluorescent yellow $60 shipped for Albatross Club members $60 + Shipping non-members Con US only (Paypal or Venmo)
  9. dAS0

Live Par 5

Time to give a shot by shot as a test. My favorite hole at my local muni. Short par 5, dog leg right. Playing 490 today
  10. dAS0

The Anti-Handicap

@RealPretendPsychic posted stats that included his anti-handicap which had me thinking about my own. I figure it is good to know to judge how consistent you are. I have had a streak of higher scores lately and found my anti-handicap to be a 13.7, compared to my handicap of 7.8. I read that...
  11. dAS0

Longest Shot You Have Ever Made

After reading about people's desires to hit a HIO or stories about doing so, it reminded me that though I am very thankful that I got lucky and hit a HIO back in 1997, it is not my longest shot holed out. My HIO was with a PW from 125 yards. My longest shot ever made was well before that...
  12. dAS0

Average putts by distance

I am a bit of a stats geek and have been focusing on my own as of late with the help of my smart phone app. Putting has been a weakness this year so I have begun tracking number of putts based on distance from the hole which my phone app does not record. I only have 3 rounds recorded thus far...
  13. dAS0

Nostalgia

I will be traveling this weekend which will give me the chance to play a par 3 course that I used to play with my father. It has been over a decade since I last played it and will be a bitter sweet moment since this weekend marks the second aniversary of my dad's passing. I am curious if...
  14. dAS0

New from SE Pennsylvania

I have been browsing this forum for a bit and finally joined. Some great posts here that I hope I can contribute to. I played golf for about 16 years in Upstate New York until graduating college when I moved down to Philadelphia entering the working world (and interferring with my golfing)...
Back