Search results for query: *

1. dAS0

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Too many bogies can hurt my score, but I am not against them if I hit a poor drive or miss a green in a tough spot. It is avoiding the doubles that is my main goal. A double usually means I hit a poor shot and a poor chip/putt on the same hole.
  2. dAS0

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

@lambeau classing it up with the pants!
  3. dAS0

This meal is covering all the major food groups. This is looking incredible!
  4. dAS0

Time and money well spent given the weather. That Johnnie-O polo is 🔥
  5. dAS0

I am late catching up, but -1 through 2 holes of alt shot is impressive. 🔥
  6. dAS0

THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Soft cap activate! Holding at an 8.6 after ending 2023 at a 6.9. At least it gives me more time to work on things while trying to stay in single digit territory. Iron inconsistencies and driver woes have added up along with dropping low rounds from last year. It is giving me the drive to...
  7. dAS0

New Guy

Welcome to THP!
  8. dAS0

CONTEST Smoked Charcuterie Ballyhack Giveaway!

+9 7lost. Thanks for hosting this contest!
  9. dAS0

Pitching alternative

Do wedges post the bounce of the top of the club? I am 100% taking out the camera on any attempt at this. Skull it back to the tee box.
  10. dAS0

Build/Fill Your Golf Bag with $15

There are clubs in that matrix that I played a short while ago! Driver: Ping G430 $5 F/H: Taylormade Stage 2 $2 Irons: Titleist 2021 T200 $4 Wedges: Cleveland 588 $2 Putter: Ping vault answer $2
  11. dAS0

League Partners Giving Putts

I have given some putts from 4 feet if the hole is lost already (probably shouldn’t since these are competition rounds) but to win, tie, or a heavy breaker, it gets putt out.
  12. dAS0

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

We have a bunch of options from the super private to local munis that offer a weekend membership for $900. They are putting more effort into the munis since many greens lost grass due to a fungus last year. Even a low rate is not worth that. My current course is middle of the road at just shy...
  13. dAS0

Any equipment change pondering/experimenting going on?

It’s a tricky give and take between the two. The utility iron won out (until the head came off the shaft). The hybrid is in the bag until the iron is repaired.
  14. dAS0

LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

Catching up on the last pages. Well played all! Looking forward to final break downs and some wedge insights gained. Great course with some rollercoasters for greens! Looked like a great course to test out new wedges!
  15. dAS0

What Are You Working On?

Two things; less forward lean on putts. I have been leaning forward to correct my leaning away but over corrected and ended up hitting the ball with the top of the putter ending with poor distance control. I am swaying on my back swing and losing consistently with full shots. More drills to...
  16. dAS0

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered, but compared to your old wedges, what is the difference that is giving you confidence with full swings with the Vokeys? That is some serious praise for these wedges. Love it!
  17. dAS0

The low light showing off the details.
  18. dAS0

EXPERIENCE The 2024 Titleist Vokey Experience

Love the write ups of all of your fittings! I saw a lot of 4* loft gapping which makes perfect sense, but @GerryWithAG and @Tenputt , you both spread out the lofts a bit more for versatility which I'd like to try down the road. Have either of you have issues with a larger gap between wedge...
Back